Baltimore

magisme

The reason for that is, in the final reckoning, no one actually gives a shit what famous people say except famous people and the magazines that print their shit. Famous people just think they're an integral part of every equation. Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

The reason for that is, in the final reckoning, no one actually gives a shit what famous people say except famous people and the magazines that print their shit. Famous people just think they're an integral part of every equation.

While I agree with your statement.......not sure what it has to do with this article?

The media is making it out like all of Baltimore is having a world war. When it's really just a section of it, and the majority of their citizens aren't part of the riots and fighting.

Here is a little-known sports guy putting on a BBQ that was attended by an estimated 500 people - all who want peace and to stop the violence.

I just wish a story like this would get more coverage. Not everybody in Baltimore is rioting and looting.

The reason for that is, in the final reckoning, no one actually gives a shit what famous people say except famous people and the magazines that print their shit. Famous people just think they're an integral part of every equation.

While I agree with your statement.......not sure what it has to do with this article?

The media is making it out like all of Baltimore is having a world war. When it's really just a section of it, and the majority of their citizens aren't part of the riots and fighting.

Here is a little-known sports guy putting on a BBQ that was attended by an estimated 500 people - all who want peace and to stop the violence.

I just wish a story like this would get more coverage. Not everybody in Baltimore is rioting and looting.

Do you realise how fucked up that sounds? I know what you are trying to say but at the same time, that also speaks volumes. :lol:

News outlets are now reporting that another person detained by the police in the same car is saying that Freddie Gray intentionally injured himself by slamming himself at the walls. Thoughts?

i also heard on the radio the investigation said something about how the injury matches a bolt on the inside of the paddy wagon, but they wouldnt say how the actual injury occurred. the driver of the vehicle has yet to give a report to police evidently.

News outlets are now reporting that another person detained by the police in the same car is saying that Freddie Gray intentionally injured himself by slamming himself at the walls. Thoughts?

i also heard on the radio the investigation said something about how the injury matches a bolt on the inside of the paddy wagon, but they wouldnt say how the actual injury occurred. the driver of the vehicle has yet to give a report to police evidently.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/30/freddie-gray-was-banging-against-the-walls-for-help-not-harm.html

It's now being reported that Gray asked for medical attention prior to being put into the holding car. It's now assumed that he was banging against the interior of the vehicle in attempt to get the police's attention.

Perhaps it's different in the UK., but in North America - rightly or wrongly - most people pay attention to what celebrities have to say. It's how Kim Kardashian makes $60 million a year while my computer knew how to auto-correct for her last name. Tabloids and celebrity interviews aren't created out of thin air; there's a corresponding demand that drives most of it. I won't disagree that it is wrong to give so much credence to what famous people have to say, but the reality over here at least suggests that most non-famous people do care what their celebrity counterparts are thinking.

America is fine.

Not even close.

There are problems, but there are issues with every country. The fact remains that we continue to be a driving force behind the global economy and the standard of living constantly ranks decently high.

Are the best days behind us? Absolutely. But shit ain't half bad.

I hear your points, but when I see what this country was, and what it could've and should've been...and then look at what it is- its hard for me to feel good about it or even feel that its a positive force in the grand scheme. We're short on ideas,intellect, and lacking of anything with real intrinsic value- but we got 32 flavors of jelly beans. I have a hard time accepting jelly beans as the silver lining.

Edited by Mr. Dude

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/30/freddie-gray-was-banging-against-the-walls-for-help-not-harm.html

It's now being reported that Gray asked for medical attention prior to being put into the holding car. It's now assumed that he was banging against the interior of the vehicle in attempt to get the police's attention.

Perhaps it's different in the UK., but in North America - rightly or wrongly - most people pay attention to what celebrities have to say. It's how Kim Kardashian makes $60 million a year while my computer knew how to auto-correct for her last name. Tabloids and celebrity interviews aren't created out of thin air; there's a corresponding demand that drives most of it. I won't disagree that it is wrong to give so much credence to what famous people have to say, but the reality over here at least suggests that most non-famous people do care what their celebrity counterparts are thinking.

Yes indeed. There is an insatiable appetite and demand for bullshit. Its the #1 cash crop in this country.

America is fine.

Not even close.

There are problems, but there are issues with every country. The fact remains that we continue to be a driving force behind the global economy and the standard of living constantly ranks decently high.

Are the best days behind us? Absolutely. But shit ain't half bad.

It's fine for you, but you're missing the point as to why there are riots in Baltimore. Shit ain't half bad for you, but it's terrible if you live at Lexington and Fulton Ave.

If the rest of the nation lived like most of the inner-city residents do (with 30 percent unemployment, sky-high incarceration rates, few resources spent on education), it would be a national crisis.

Oh there's a demand for celeb interviews but i mean their input on weighty stuff.

Oh there's a demand for celeb interviews but i mean their input on weighty stuff.

I agree that their impact on matters that already receive wide-ranging attention is in most cases minimal. But I do think celebrities can help shine a light on an issue that few people know anything about. Good examples are Princess Diana on land mines, George Cloony on the plight of the Darfur, or more broadly, Al Gore on the environment.

They have issued warrants for the arrest of all 6 officers

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/us/freddie-gray-baltimore-death/index.html

Yeah, that's something. I didn't expect so quick of a response in regards to charges.

Nothing will change til cops start doing time. Being charged is a good start.

if the evidence is there the DA has to nail them to the wall, no slap on the wrist plea deals.

Edited by bran