The Girls Behind Guns N’ Roses (Uproxx Part 3)

All the fans love them and it is so great for us that we have those amazing albums, no one is bashing Axl, We are just frustrated that why are we being kept in the dark, if you don't want to release new music, its ok, just tell, for CD since 2000 I kept on waiting and waiting, everytime I heard its coming out in a few months I got my hopes up high, but all he kept on doing was delaying and delaying, so we are very much thankful to Axl and the Classic GNR, but don't keep on delaying and just don't keep the fans in the dark, for the live shows too fans complain cause many people don't have their own cars, they use the public transport, for some shows people come from other cities or even countries and If Axl comes up 3 hours late or doesn't even shows up, fans do have the right to get angry in that

CD is a double record too.

Physical Graffiti has 15 songs. CD has 14.

AFD & Lies is 2 records worth.

8 records.

The 2 UYI cds coming out at once worked out but I think it distorted when the next album should come. 2000 was reasonable. But that would have been 10 years since 91. And made CD 17 years.

Edited by wasted

Great documentary. Could only find part 3 though. If those girls are struggling for money or anything all the Appetite guys should help them out, it would be the right thing.

And we're off!!!

In reality, Axl has released 38 albums. You'd have to be a moron to think otherwise.

It really is possible to enjoy what we have AND admit that Axl is a fuckin' whackjob dumbass who made a complete mess of the band and his career.

• Like 2

And we're off!!!

In reality, Axl has released 38 albums. You'd have to be a moron to think otherwise.

It really is possible to enjoy what we have AND admit that Axl is a fuckin' whackjob dumbass who made a complete mess of the band and his career.

Fuckin' whackjob yes, dumbass not so much imo. A friend of mine that likes Guns said to me once: "other bands, you get to listen to 7 or even 10 albums from that era, with Guns there isn't much there."

I think we all feel the same way about that or at least I do.

Edited by Rovim

Celebrate the six studio albums he gave you which two of them are double albums so that makes eight studio albums. That music is all timeless and maybe one day if he feels like it you'll hear more

You are not seriously including The Spaghetti Incident in that statement, are you?

Come on guys bashing Axl is not the answer to anything.

Sure, bashing Axl is not gonna give us a new album nor a reunion. But for the last 20 years he has done very little to make us proud. He is his worst enemy. He would listen to nobody except his entourage of yes man. His bitterness toward you, Slash and many people from the past is just ridiculous.

What are his plans for the future? Nobody knows. He seems to be more concerned about silly stuff like PPV Boxing than about his band, his music and his legacy

As far as the amount of songs go - when Van Halen or Steely Dan reunited, they didn't have a lot of songs to tour with. Fagen brought some of his solo stuff in. Eagles had 7 albums and it was the solo stuff Joe Walsh and Don Henley had that made those shows 3 hours long.

Barbi feels she should get some of the songwriting credit for Rocket Queen? I guess that would be a hard one to prove in court unless she had documented proof, but Steven got songwriting credit on the album. Marianne Faithfull was credited as a songwriter on "Sister Morphine" only because Keith Richards took her side. I guess if she got some of them to agree....

Izzy was a telemarketer? He probably did debt collections. That's a soul destroying job.

Edited by dalsh327

There are many frustrated fans at the moment. The crazy thing is we don't care about a reunion. We just want Axl to succeed by himself. But from our vantage point Axl has no ambition to do anything right now.

But you are right. Some of that frustration leads to absurd comments and bashing on Axl that has no merit.

The biggest criticism I have with Axl is he has too much talent and so much left to give creatively that it's sad he hasn't done more.

Not trying to start a fight here, but who is "we" when you state "we don't care about a reunion"??

I'm the opposite. I don't overly care what Axl does with a bunch of hired hands under the guise of GNR, but I don't speak for everyone else either???

The simple truth is, different fans want different things, and that's cool, but I think "most" people can't tolerate nothing happening!

The "Axl doesn't owe any of us shit" argument gets thrown up every now and then and I tend to agree with it, if Axl wants it to be over then he's allowed that. But what gets my fucking goat up is when GNR through their website, social media and the little twerp that runs HTGTH constantly lie, deceive and manipulate everything and anything to try and fool people into thinking that this band is actually still happening!

I love Axl Rose, so you won't see me bag him mercilessly like others have for no reason but Axl shouldn't be immune from criticism. I agree like most that TB have somehow brain washed him.

The fact of the matter is, the state of guns n roses is a deadset tragedy. The Brazilians are nothing but opportunists and don't misconstrue that as me being jealous of their position, I work for a dollar and I don't need to suck a rock stars dick for a dollar.

• Like 1

It is possible. It's really just what the artist wants to do.

Faith No More did a reunion album 17 years later and no one says you fucked up your career.

Edited by wasted

And we're off!!!

Fuckin' whackjob yes, dumbass not so much imo. A friend of mine that likes Guns said to me once: "other bands, you get to listen to 7 or even 10 albums from that era, with Guns there isn't much there."

I guess I don't feel that because The Doors, Zepp, Nirvana, Faith No More dont have much more albums than Guns.

The Stones are the one where I can say they have a lot of albums, different eras and I care. I listen, I'm blown away. But this isn't the norm.

AcDC and Megadeth I like but I can't say I'm fascinated. Greatest Hits will do. I check the records but find myself listening to Rust or Razors Edge.

And we're off!!!

I guess I don't feel that because The Doors, Zepp, Nirvana, Faith No More dont have much more albums than Guns.

The Stones are the one where I can say they have a lot of albums, different eras and I care. I listen, I'm blown away. But this isn't the norm.

AcDC and Megadeth I like but I can't say I'm fascinated. Greatest Hits will do. I check the records but find myself listening to Rust or Razors Edge.

I guess it's just that Guns is around for 30 years and we only have what? 4 and a half albums of original material? when I think about it like that it seems low for me.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

And we're off!!!

I guess it's just that Guns is around for 30 years and we only have what? 4 and a half albums of original material? when I think about it like that it seems low for me.

But those bands been around as long in some cases longer. And some do have more. Nirvana keep putting out product of some sort. FNM have 5 Patton albums and 2 with Chuck. Their last album just came out 17 years since 97. No one is saying they ruined their career.

I've got the same amount of material from the Doors or Zepp.

Ultimately it's a different career with its own set of circumstances. I'm not saying I enjoy waiting 10 years between records though.

But when people look back those first 4 cds will be enough. CD is a bonus and talking point. It adds to the discography. I think one more cd is enough from GNR. It's a solid discography.

Edited by wasted

Best post.

Some people just don't realise that they don't need to show their frustration in a rude/offensive/bashing way. :shrugs:

The funniest thing is to see those people accusing who doesn't act in the same way, of being "followers", "ass kissers", "fanatics" ... :lol:

Edited by GUNNER PT

And we're off!!!

The Doors released six albums in six years.

Zeppelin released eight albums in ten years.

Nirvana released four albums in five years.

Axl has released five albums in twenty eight years.

• Like 1

It's not about the time span for me.

And those numbers don't give you the real picture.

Some Zepp albums are 9 or 10 tracks long. Same amount of tracks as GNR, Presence takes it over as I remember.

Incesticide has BBC sessions and covers galore. Its like their Spag Inc. there are original songs though.

Nirvana have 3 studio albums.

Doors. 6 x 10 track albums. = 62-3?

AFD 20, UYI 30. CD 14. = 64

Just rough estimates but they have the same amount of tracks as these bands.

It's really the gap between 94 and 2008. That's frustrating. We know.

Edited by wasted

And we're off!!!

The Doors released six albums in six years.

Zeppelin released eight albums in ten years.

Nirvana released four albums in five years.

Axl has released five albums in twenty eight years.

Yep. Agree. 5 albums - Appetite, Lies, Illusion I, Illusion II, Chinese.

Can't count Suicide as an album (4 songs and they're repeated on Lies)

Can't count Spagbetti as an album (no new songs)

Can't count Live Era as an album (no new songs)

Can't count Best Of as an album (no new songs)

Can't count Illusion I as a double (14 songs)

Can't count Illusion II as a double (14 songs)

Can't count bootlegs as albums either :)

It's not about the time span for me.

And those numbers don't give you the real picture.

Some Zepp albums are 9 or 10 tracks long. Same amount of tracks as GNR, Presence takes it over as I remember.

Incesticide has BBC sessions and covers galore. Its like their Spag Inc. there are original songs though.

Nirvana have 3 studio albums.

Doors. 6 x 10 track albums. = 60

AFD 20, UYI 30. CD 14. = 64

Just rough estimates but they have the same amount of tracks as these bands.

It's really the gap between 94 and 2008. That's frustrating. We know.

Extremely rough estimates - ''Appetite, 20 songs''!!. Appetite at twelve songs is actually about on par with the number of songs contained on albums released during the 1960s. Your logic actually works against Guns in the sense that Lies is only eight songs and not a proper album. You have disqualified Incesticide yet Lies is merely an old EP (featuring two covers) repackaged with three new songs and an alternative version of an old song. I let you off of the hook there.

The Doors actually have eight albums. In the interest of fairness the post Morrison albums should be included. There are probably as many people who says ''it is not Guns without Slash'' as there were, those who disregarde Other Voices and Full Circle as not being bona fide.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Besides, no one says there's not much music from 87-91. There's plenty. But there's jack shit in the 25 years since. Comparing Axl's output with a band that was together for 6 years, and that other band still has more songs? Top notch argument. :lol: