What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They made a documentary about Stretch and Bobbito?  Where can I see it?

Yeah man on Netflix, its called stretch and Bobbito..Radio That Changed Lives. Might be on YouTube or somethin if you don't have Flix. 

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Whoooah Ghostface  wrote his Criminology verse on the spot on that show BEFORE Cuban Linx!

It does have a certain urgency to it, I can see how it might be.  A lot of rappers, when they're at that peak, do that shit and y'know what, I think there's something to be said for it.  Listen to rappers in their latter career when they've perfected the craft and the shit is so tight, metaphors and verse and all the syllables worked out correct but in those early days where they just scratched shit out a mile a minute it sounds so fuckin' raw.  Snoop freestyled the entirity of Tha Shiznit so the story goes.  Tupac was like that with a great deal of the shit he wrote, just spill it out, give him a pen and paper and a little corner to sit in for a few minutes and boom, verse. 

Y'know what I wanna see?  I wanna see that fuckin' Purple Tape documentary Rae and Ghost were making, where the fuck is that shit, they been promising that shit for long.

Found this awesome channel on Vimeo called "Women Of Rock: Oral History Project." Lots of interviews with different female musicians. Very in-depth stuff. Here's some of my faves.

Jean Millington

Shirley Manson

Exene Cervenka

Kira Roessler

Donita Sparks

Alice Bag

Lydia Lunch

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...