What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Yep, that's it, very cool.  Keith came in with a sealed bottle of Jack or Jim Beam and opened it with his switchblade. 

90% of the time that guy can be so cool but he’ll do something like that and come off like a right dickhead :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Public Image is Rotten (2017)

Three years I been waiting for this, THREE FUCKING YEARS, Christ Almighty PiL don’t half keep you hanging on sometimes, laughable I suppose, to a bunch of GnR fans :lol:  Always said PiL deserved the documentary treatment, for decades now, well here it is, loved every minute :) 

• 2 weeks later...

This is The Stones I love, at once poofy and rough hewn, a rock n roll powerhouse, dressed in their fuckin' girlfriends clobber, offensive and revolutionary, comical and Satanic, a study in myriad of contrasts, musically loose, they were just the fuckin' dogs bollocks at this point.  I realise a lot of this is myth making hyperbole but its a fucking delicious myth.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

This is The Stones I love, at once poofy and rough hewn, a rock n roll powerhouse, dressed in their fuckin' girlfriends clobber, offensive and revolutionary, comical and Satanic, a study in myriad of contrasts, musically loose, they were just the fuckin' dogs bollocks at this point.  I realise a lot of this is myth making hyperbole but its a fucking delicious myth.

I agree with all, but they peaked live on that 72 tour of the states. The bollocks had grown even more by then!

The Taylor period was the best stones ever. Glad I saw them do midnight Rambler with them once.... 

The versions of Sympathy for the devil on the 69 tour are still the best I've heard them play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I agree with all, but they peaked live on that 72 tour of the states. The bollocks had grown even more by then!

The Taylor period was the best stones ever. Glad I saw them do midnight Rambler with them once.... 

The versions of Sympathy for the devil on the 69 tour are still the best I've heard them play. 

That is one of the definitive live albums in Rock. Sort of wish they recorded in the studio a little closer to that version of the song.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I love all that stuff too and I certainly wouldn't argue that point with you but there was just a tad more freakiness there in 69, its the look as much as anything, I love that Uncle Sam with the cape and the hat thing, Keith with a flaming birds blouse on...but then 72 was great lookswise too, those Elvis style jumpsuits and that.  It was a sort of a transitional time too with sound production and that, outfits really became professional from then onwards and into the 80s but that was a glorious period, that late 60s/early 60s little moment in time.  I really like the theatrical aspect of The Stones too. Honestly I think if they have a wealth of footage of that period, the entire 70s even, they should put out as much as they can, it'd be a treat for fans and they'd certainly earn off of it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Read Spanish Tonys book or Stanley Booths book, they cover that 69 period really well. Especially Booths book. Keith was the definition of elegantly wasted at that time! 

I got the Stanley Booth one, never got round to reading it all, thought it was brilliant.  Its called like...The Fabulous or The Continuous Adventures of The Rolling Stones, right?

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I got the Stanley Booth one, never got round to reading it all, thought it was brilliant.  Its called like...The Fabulous or The Continuous Adventures of The Rolling Stones, right?

Yup that’s the one. Spanish Tonys “up and down with the Rolling Stones“ is pretty juicy.....

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Hail Hail Rock n Roll.  Pleasure seeing Chuck do his thing, massive cunt though he is at times :lol: 

Loved it too. Especially the "don't touch my amp, Jack" scene.😄 And the part where he was busting Keith's balls about playing an intro wrong, seems like he made him play it 20 times. Classic stuff.

Edited by lame ass security

10 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Loved it too. Especially the "don't touch my amp, Jack" scene.😄 And the part where he was busting Keith's balls about playing an intro wrong, seems like he made him play it 20 times. Classic stuff.

This is what I mean by massive cunt.  I mean I love the bloke, I really do, I forever will too, I think he's one of the greatest rock n roll guitarists ever, in fact probably THE.  But why you giving Keith all that aggro for?  This guys literally arranged this whole thing for you, Keith was really the mastermind behind getting all that sorted out and its not like he needed the money at that point.  All that stuff with the bend, that fuckin' bend, where you've gotta go into it with the string already up, does it make THAT much fuckin' difference? :lol:  'if you wanna get it right, lets get it right', he just wanted to make Keith look a cunt when he didn't have to, Keith does a fine job of that all by himself given the occasion.  But he didn't deserve that, Chuck just wanted to make him look a cunt in front of those people...and it worked :lol:

Also, there's that one scene, in the extras, that one bit where he like, took the crew and some producers to this prison, one of the ones he served time in and they went in, at one point whether it was the yard or some open canteen type thing to go all in the mix and it kinda turned ugly and one of the producers was a woman and these guys fuckin' started getting all heavy handed, accosting her, tugging at her clothes, groping etc.  It coulda got uglier until the guards arrived and broke it up and someone said to Chuck like, why the fuck did you do that, why didn't you warn us, you must've had an idea something like this would happen and Chuck was just like 'I know what its like to be inside and not getting any' its like for fuckssake man.  Thats getting a bit grim, even for my already low standards.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

This is what I mean by massive cunt.  I mean I love the bloke, I really do, I forever will too, I think he's one of the greatest rock n roll guitarists ever, in fact probably THE.  But why you giving Keith all that aggro for?  This guys literally arranged this whole thing for you, Keith was really the mastermind behind getting all that sorted out and its not like he needed the money at that point.  All that stuff with the bend, that fuckin' bend, where you've gotta go into it with the string already up, does it make THAT much fuckin' difference? :lol:  'if you wanna get it right, lets get it right', he just wanted to make Keith look a cunt when he didn't have to, Keith does a fine job of that all by himself given the occasion.  But he didn't deserve that, Chuck just wanted to make him look a cunt in front of those people...and it worked :lol:

Also, there's that one scene, in the extras, that one bit where he like, took the crew and some producers to this prison, one of the ones he served time in and they went in, at one point whether it was the yard or some open canteen type thing to go all in the mix and it kinda turned ugly and one of the producers was a woman and these guys fuckin' started getting all heavy handed, accosting her, tugging at her clothes, groping etc.  It coulda got uglier until the guards arrived and broke it up and someone said to Chuck like, why the fuck did you do that, why didn't you warn us, you must've had an idea something like this would happen and Chuck was just like 'I know what its like to be inside and not getting any' its like for fuckssake man.  Thats getting a bit grim, even for my already low standards.

I wasn't aware of the prison yard incident, sounds pretty hairy. But yeah, you didn't wanna mess with Chuck. Keith talked about Chuck punching him and was proud because he didn't go down.  And I think Chuck punched Ronnie Wood by mistake, thinking he was Keith.😄 But if you remember that one scene where Clapton kind of got one in on him. Chuck couldn't remember the words and Clapton said "well, you wrote it." Funny stuff. 

• Like 1