What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

I watched Ronnie Wood’s Somebody Up There Likes Me. Always loved reading of the debauchery that he and Rod got up to back in the day and it was good seeing them reflect back on the build up to the Faces getting together and beyond. The most intriguing part of it for me though was Jimmy Page trying out for The Stones after Mick Taylor left??? Charlie Watts mentions it, but I can’t seem to find any info on the web other than collaborations in the 80’s. Wonder how that would’ve worked out?! Ron would still be my pick over the two though. 

13 minutes ago, Dean said:

I watched Ronnie Wood’s Somebody Up There Likes Me. Always loved reading of the debauchery that he and Rod got up to back in the day and it was good seeing them reflect back on the build up to the Faces getting together and beyond. The most intriguing part of it for me though was Jimmy Page trying out for The Stones after Mick Taylor left??? Charlie Watts mentions it, but I can’t seem to find any info on the web other than collaborations in the 80’s. Wonder how that would’ve worked out?! Ron would still be my pick over the two though. 

Wow, I've never heard of that before, interesting. I just can't see Page in The Stones.

13 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, I've never heard of that before, interesting. I just can't see Page in The Stones.

Yeah, kind of blew my mind. Keith must’ve been pretty difficult to work with at that time. I get the vibe from his words on Mick Taylor in this documentary that he’s not a fan of the guy as a person and maybe resenting him for the manner in which he left. In saying that they were all pretty unbearable to work with at some point, apart from Charlie - that man is a champion!

“Where’s my fucking drummer?!”

Probably the last time Jagger ever spoke out of turn to the man! 😂😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, lame ass security said:

You could imagine Page in any of those early bands really, or I could, didnt be originally do some session work for The Who?  Old rumour says he’s the one on I Can’t Explain, he was one of the studio supremos of his day.  I figure if you can play for The Yardbirds then you’ve got the grounding, The Stones ain’t a million miles out from there.

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You could imagine Page in any of those early bands really, or I could, didnt be originally do some session work for The Who?  Old rumour says he’s the one on I Can’t Explain, he was one of the studio supremos of his day.  I figure if you can play for The Yardbirds then you’ve got the grounding, The Stones ain’t a million miles out from there.

Oh yeah, Page would've had no problem playing the material. I just can't see him fitting in with Keef, too much of an ego issue. Ronnie slid in there perfectly and had no problem taking a backseat to Keith. I just can't see Page doing that. It would be like Axl and Plant sharing a stage, they would each be trying to outdo the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 4:06 AM, Len Cnut said:

Snoop, easily

I saw that and yes Snopp all day. But man DMX was a beast at one time.

Just Tarantino talking about music in his films.

Edited by J Dog

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

I saw that and yes Snopp all day. But man DMX was a beast at one time

Oh definitely, among the best of what could be argued to be the best era of hip hop.  Honestly when he first came out I was kinda put off by the Pac comparisons, I think I heard him first on a Clue mixtape, ‘if its on its on and if you cats keep frontin’ then yo ass is gone’, remember that? :lol:  Was that a Clue mixtape or the first track off his first album, I can’t remember.

how come I never heard this kickass song before. 

the video makes it even better. fighter jets, real men and beatiful women. it has it all. the soundtrack of top gun is filled to the brim with songs like these. I've got it ordered and gonna listen to it on repeat for the next couple of days, making me feel like a real badass.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:54 AM, action said:

how come I never heard this kickass song before. 

the video makes it even better. fighter jets, real men and beatiful women. it has it all. the soundtrack of top gun is filled to the brim with songs like these. I've got it ordered and gonna listen to it on repeat for the next couple of days, making me feel like a real badass.

You have never heard Danger Zone??!! Omg, that makes me feel old. It's a great song.

I also like this song from Mr. Loggins...

Edited by marlingrl03

On 8/5/2020 at 1:02 AM, Len Cnut said:

Oh definitely, among the best of what could be argued to be the best era of hip hop.  Honestly when he first came out I was kinda put off by the Pac comparisons, I think I heard him first on a Clue mixtape, ‘if its on its on and if you cats keep frontin’ then yo ass is gone’, remember that? :lol:  Was that a Clue mixtape or the first track off his first album, I can’t remember.

Yeah I felt the same way with the Pac stuff at first. And he started with such a nasty 3 album stretch. That Ruff Ryders Anthem was THE beat.

Pretty sure that was Clue. Man Clue out out so much stuff it’s hard to keep track. He put Fabolous out there around the same time. Now he softened up later but his first album was great from that era.

Sniffin that white :lol:

32 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Dirty was sniffin’ white, smoking crack and dust, doin’ smack, acid, mushrooms, junior aspirins, cough medicine, you name it :lol:  

"Allllll you bitches put your flaps together/ and all you n!ggaz put your dicks together"

technically not the first line of a verse just some rambling at the start of Dog Shit but yeah thats where Dirty's head was at :lol:

58 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

"Allllll you bitches put your flaps together/ and all you n!ggaz put your dicks together"

technically not the first line of a verse just some rambling at the start of Dog Shit but yeah thats where Dirty's head was at :lol:

HOOOOOOOOOO-YEAH-HEEEEEYYYYY, HEEE HAAAAAAAAA :lol: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

K I did watch some of the MTV video music awards even though I never see any videos on MTV.

Was curious to how Lady Gaga would perform. She was amazing and wore different masks while accepting awards and even during her performance. All her dancers and Arianna Grande wore a mask too.

Only a few audience members and they were wearing masks. Everyone that was interviewed was 6 or more feet apart.

Didn't watch the whole thing because it seems MTV just has so many pop artists now. BTS actually sang from South Korea and it was in English. I still didn't understand what they were singing, but I commend them for riding this wave as long as they can.