Dire Straits

drtydane

Magnificent band! Every single album is a masterpiece and Telegraph Road is the single best rock song ever made!

going to see them this fall in Boston on a boys night out with a couple of buddies who are big fans. I was never a big fan but enjoy Mark Knopflers guitar playing so should be a fun night.

Dire Straits broke up in 1993. You probably mean Mark Knopfler's solo tour, which usually only has 2-4 Dire Straits song in the set each night. Still puts on a incredible show, but if you're going to see a DS set you will be disappointed.

Magnificent band! Every single album is a masterpiece and Telegraph Road is the single best rock song ever made!

going to see them this fall in Boston on a boys night out with a couple of buddies who are big fans. I was never a big fan but enjoy Mark Knopflers guitar playing so should be a fun night.

Dire Straits broke up in 1993. You probably mean Mark Knopfler's solo tour, which usually only has 2-4 Dire Straits song in the set each night. Still puts on a incredible show, but if you're going to see a DS set you will be disappointed.

Yeah I meant I am going to see Mark Knopfler. Should be a good night out with the boys. Eat in the North End and then the show.

As I said earlier in the thread, every album is a masterpiece in my book, but that three album run of Making Movies, Love Over Gold and Brothers In Arms is just impossibly good. I think they were the best in rock music when it comes to arrangements and production, at least on Love Over Gold and Brothers in Arms. I don't know, there are probably classical music pieces that have more impressive arrangements, but as far as rock goes I can't see how it can get better, and that includes Queen, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac etc.

How's his solo stuff? Thinking about going to the Boston show..

On the albums it's pretty understated, low key, very folkish, but live he and his band (which includes one other DS alumnus) let loose a bit more, they jam, and there's some really impressive instrumental work going on.

He's the best guitarist I've ever seen live.

I've seen him three times and I'm seeing him again next week.

Edited by GivenToFly