Favorite Rap Verses

magisme

And his fucking voice!!

It's a golden voice isn't it. I've always thought his voice and delivery were one of the best in the history of hip-hop. To quote the nuns on I Run This, that motherfucker's remarkable!

Is that really him? Yes, that's his highness, and for the last time stop looking at his fine ass. :lol:

"workin girlfriend!" *snap*

Ricky D is fucking God, got TOO much respect for him, even his less respected albums like Behind Bars. Art of Storytelling was the first Rick album i bought when it came out, i think it got like 4 mics in The Source.

Ruler's Back is good to be a super rushed, record it on a jail break, type of thing.

I'm glad someone else mentioned it, loved that fuckin' album rushed or no rushed, it has that great end of the 80s beginning of the 90s Digitial Underground era sped up beat type production that i love, a lot of early Tupac stuff has a similar feel.

This, that motherfucker's remarkable!

It is fantastic as a voice isn't it? And people say it sounds English but i think thats too easy an explanation, it doesn't really, except for the pronnunciation of certain words, it sounds like 80-20 in favour of sounding American, its unique.

Edited by Len B'stard

You know dane, I think that shows how great he really is. Back in the day, a rapper that sounded a tad bit feminine, that wasn't the easiest thing to pull off. It just didn't go with rap. So the fact he sounds like that and everybody still loved and respected him says a lot about how much of a bad motherfucker he was. Regal is a good word for his voice. It's like a Brooklyn/England/with a twist. And class.

Ruler's Back is good to be a super rushed, record it on a jail break, type of thing.

I'm glad someone else mentioned it, loved that fuckin' album rushed or no rushed, it has that great end of the 80s beginning of the 90s Digitial Underground era sped up beat type production that i love, a lot of early Tupac stuff has a similar feel.

King and Runaway are 2 of my favorite Slick joints. And Moses, rap storytelling at it's finest.

That production has a real nostalgic sound. It's really pure hip hop. Dj's, scratching, samples galore. You could dance to it and I don't mean twerk and grind, I mean put on some Adidas shit or a wind-breaker outfit and bust a move. It was real upbeat. That whole era was upbeat. Even serious shit like PE or Rakim or even NWA still had an upbeat, party vibe. Yeah, early Pac and DU had it. Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. was probably one of the last really big albums with that sound.

perfect example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3w6B0OPdhM