Slash live at the Roxy VS. GN'R Appetite For Democracy

Slash live at the Roxy VS. GN'R Appetite For Democracy   

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't seen slash's roxy DVD, I've got made in Stoke and that's decent, for all the flack appetite for democracy has, I like it....really good job by rockfuel and it's way longer show than slash's DVD

I haven't seen slash's roxy DVD, I've got made in Stoke and that's decent, for all the flack appetite for democracy has, I like it....really good job by rockfuel and it's way longer show than slash's DVD

Agreed, it wasn't a perfect performance by any means, but it's the best made concert dvd I've ever watched. Used to like Made in Stoke but damn MK's voice really irritates me.

Agreed, it wasn't a perfect performance by any means, but it's the best made concert dvd I've ever watched. Used to like Made in Stoke but damn MK's voice really irritates me.

Jesus, its not like Axl gets Google alerts everytime someone says something insanely praising about NuGNR.

It may very well be a good DVD. But to make that ridiculous assertion completely negates everything else. Either you don't watch ANY concert DVDs or you're a very easy customer. Even if its a good show, there's no way that's true.

There's really no comparison. You'll like Slash's more if you like a real rock and roll band and you don't mind that its not loaded with GNR songs. If you prefer to hear GNR songs, no matter who's playing them, you'll obviously enjoy Appetite more. Slash is a raw band in a club, GNR's is a Vegas act that is pretty reliable to enjoyable if you're in the mood for GNR.

AFD bluray is insanely good in terms of production, that's a fact. There're some very low performances here and there in it but overall it's pretty nice. I dont like slash's band, but I always love to watch him. Gotta go with AFD, better band, best frontman there :)

AFD bluray is insanely good in terms of production, that's a fact. There're some very low performances here and there in it but overall it's pretty nice. I dont like slash's band, but I always love to watch him. Gotta go with AFD, better band, best frontman there :)

November rain is the let down on it, it's poor

The best DVD I have is ACDC river plate , going to see them at wembley in 2 weeks so are they still that good ?

The Guns DVD is amazing work by rockfuel, shame they didn't record one of the last 2 Vegas shows from 2014

November rain is the let down on it, it's poor

The best DVD I have is ACDC river plate , going to see them at wembley in 2 weeks so are they still that good ?

The Guns DVD is amazing work by rockfuel, shame they didn't record one of the last 2 Vegas shows from 2014

AC/DC are definitely in top form. Saw them in Paris a few weeks ago.

I disagree about the River Plate DVD, though. The mixing isn't great, the performances are good but I quickly get annoyed by the crowd singing each and every guitar melody. As far as ACDC is concerned, Live At Donington obviously still reigns supreme IMHO. Best HHih Voltage performance ever and Whole Lotta Rosie kicks anybody's ass.

If I had to choose ONE favorite concert DVD, it would be Led Zep's concert at the Royal Albert hall. The transfer looks stunning and the performances are jaw-dropping. Check it out if you haven't already!

People who are saying that A4D is the best DVD/Bluray they watched, then well you should find some other good bands and look at their live performances

To be honest Axl's band should have released a DVD from a show from 2010, A4D is pretty awful

Im not that keen for Slash's DVD also, he should have chosen some other recording for the DVD, Live in Stoke was much better

But well in this case I would go with Slash's DVD/Bluray

Jesus, its not like Axl gets Google alerts everytime someone says something insanely praising about NuGNR.

It may very well be a good DVD. But to make that ridiculous assertion completely negates everything else. Either you don't watch ANY concert DVDs or you're a very easy customer. Even if its a good show, there's no way that's true.

There's really no comparison. You'll like Slash's more if you like a real rock and roll band and you don't mind that its not loaded with GNR songs. If you prefer to hear GNR songs, no matter who's playing them, you'll obviously enjoy Appetite more. Slash is a raw band in a club, GNR's is a Vegas act that is pretty reliable to enjoyable if you're in the mood for GNR.

I have watched many and no I'm not an easy customer. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean my opinion is wrong.

I have watched many and no I'm not an easy customer. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean my opinion is wrong.

How can you enjoy AFD with Axl sounding so bad? Honest question.

Production-wise, A4D was good. Sound quality is good, picture quality is superb, camera work is decent enough and the 3D effects offer a great depth. Axl's voice is awfully bad, utterly terrible -- that's the only reason I won't add that release to my collection. I mean, aside from the fact that the band isn't real Guns N' Roses, which is something I can ignore if I treat this band as just Axl's band, a blu-ray release of Axl killing it would have been awesome.

I wouldn't have opposed to get a 2010 show for my collection. Actually, I would have been very happy about it.

Live at the Roxy. I don't really listen to Myles anymore when they do Guns songs and there was much better shows for Axl then what they ended up releasing.

Much better shows for both bands imo.

Shit always get fucked with Guns when it comes to live releases or semi live.

Edited by Rovim

A4D I watched once and probably will never watch again.

Slash's DVD I have no inclination to watch in the first place.

That's where I'm at. I loved how well A4D was done from a technical standpoint, but the performance insn't good enough for me to watch ever again. Past that; I don't like enough of Slash's solo material to watch his disc, so I ended up not voting.

I haven't bought Live At The Roxy even if I have seen it in a music store a few days ago. The setlist is a bit short, and from what I've heard the performance is disappointing compared to more recent shows. Also, what's with the separated bonus tracks?

I don't see it bettering Stoke. What a great DVD. Rocket Queen and Brownstone were fucking cool.

I like appetite4democracy better. appetite4democracy goes on a run with estranged, live and let die, this I love, better, motivation, catcher in the rye, street of dreams, another brick in the wall, and November rain. but Live Slash at Roxy doesn't do that!

Edited by pockets

I Watched about 5 minutes of AFD and the one thing that i thought made it really hard to watch was the camera shot kept changing every 2 or 3 seconds... i just found it incredibly hard to watch, It was like the camera angles changing all the time was to hide a lacklustre performance... i dunno.. everyone here knows im not a fan of the new band so maybe i was never that interested in it and im just nit picking but it was the one thing that stood out for me.