About Axl being late: what is the real problem for you?

Axl being late and your main concern with him  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright, this Corey Taylor taking a piss at Axl made me laugh, but it actually made me think.

Back in 2010, I didn't care if Axl was late because he sounded fucking glorious.

In 2012, I left the show early because he sounded like crap, I felt he didn't deserve the time I waited.

Plus, he doesn't look good enough. Sorry to be harsh, but when you pay for someone to show up on stage, you don't want to see someone who has let go so much.

You pay for someone who sounds AND looks good.

About the look, think of hookers: are you gonna pay for someone who doesn't look good enough? No way.

About the wait... Would you wait for a girl/boy who isn't that particular? Of course not.
However, if that person is good-looking/intelligent/sounds good and is spectacular, you will wait. That's how life is.

Hence my poll. If Axl sounded as good as he did in the 90's and took great care of himself... would the lateness be a problem?
As for myself: no.

Axl (from 80's to 2010) was one of the few guys you would have the patience to wait for, because he was spectacular. I don't care about people complaining for

his lateness and apparent laziness. Truth is, when you are truly worth it, people will wait and make efforts for you. When you are crap, nobody will make no effort and in that particular case, I would understand the "lateness" criticism.

Do you agree or not?

Main concern - at least for me - is his voice being utter shit. I'm not interested in new music, I would like to hear the rest of the material from the Buckethead/Finck/Fresse/Brain era but that's it.

Just like you, I saw him in 2010 and waited 3 hours, I didn't mind it because it was the first time I was going to see Axl. Some people were upset and threw shit at him. I didn't complain (but that doesn't mean I was not bothered by being there doing nothing and going home at 3AM).

I then saw him in 2012 for free, and I arrived late to the gig, he sounded horridly awful, but I got to see Izzy, so I didn't have to wait and I didn't pay, so couldn't complain either.

I don't give a shit about him being late so long as:

A) He sounds good

B) The venue make it clear to the crowd that he will be out and that the gig will continue as normal so people won't start thinking it will be cut short due to curfews etc

• Like 2

I should add that when you're at the venue, you're not the only one there, there's a lot of other people who just happen to be casual fans, who need to work early the next day. Do we have to assume that these people know that Axl is an unconsidered asshole that will make them wait 3 hours? No.

It was definitely an issue for the band and not every fan is ok with the wait. I'm not sure why Axl couldn't be on time. I've heard everything from Axl didn't want to be on tour, to he was handling things for the band, people have said he wouldn't be in the right frame of mind and would just sit at his hotel, he had mental issues going on from his past. Whatever the reason it sucked for a lot of people and he confessed that it was especially hard on the crew.

Idk, it became a part of the bands image and made them more classic rock in their idgaf attitude. I think they would have been fine without it, but again, it's now part of who they were and if people's biggest gripe is about showing up late to shows then that's a testament to how good they were. People will wait to see the greatest Rock show, they aren't waiting if it's anything less

None of the lames excuses given by Axl are sustainable. He's a compulsive liar.

"Axl didn't want to be on tour"

Never brought this up until that 2011-12 TMS interview. He said that he was forced to tour when he wasn't supposed to, blaming Slash and their manager at the time, yet Slash was there performing everyday and ON time, while Axl was making the fans (were they the ones to blame?) wait.

"Axl was handling things for the band"

Really? Axl? Out of the thousands of people working for them? Including managers? Let's not forget that the ones giving interviews during the UYI tour were Slash and Duff, not Axl. I'm very curious to know what kind of professional team he was working with that every single show had things to be taken care of. I mean, what kind of shit service they were providing that literally none of the shows could start on time. Really, really weird.

I would also like to know how it is possible that Axl had to "take care of things" personally for years (1991, 1992, 1993, 2001, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011) and never hired the right people to do that job. Finally, I wonder how other bands, other artists, and bigger or smaller acts than Guns N' Roses were and are able to function normally without making people wait for 3 - 4 hours.

"Axl had to be in the right frame of mind to perform"

Different countries, different continents, different timezone and different years, yet he arrived three-to-four hours late to every show. He always found the right frame of mind after the show was delayed by 3 hours? Give me a fucking break. :lol:

It is indeed a problem for me that he comes late, many people travel by the local transport, many people go to a specific country to watch his show, I had the money, So I stayed over night in a hotel, but what if I had a late night flight? or an early morning flight?

I have back problems, my back starts paining if i stand for a very long time, I knew he was going to be late, so thats why I bought the ticket in the seating area, as a fan I want to stand in the front or the middle and rock out and enjoy, he was more than 3 hours late to the show, so its good I had a seat, When I went for Slash's show, I took a ticket in the standing area and really enjoyed it.

Another problem is that I paid a good amount, I dont remember how much for the meet and greet and he din't even show up, why sell these types of packages when the Main Lead Singer who is the only original member is not going to even show up, people go to the shows cause of the GNR name and Axl, not cause of Christopher Titman.

My main issue with Axl is that he doesn't have much going on for him anymore : no voice, no mystique, no great guitarist in his band anymore, and no intention to release anything...So there is very little reason for me to go see him anymore, not to mention wait for the stars to align so he can grace me with his presence.

Not once has he explained properly why he's late. On the TMS interview, he looked like a dear in the headlights when asked why he's late, and he fluffs it off without a real reaction other than there's always something that goes wrong and he's been late all of his life.

It's just not acceptable. He's in a job where thousands of people are waiting for him and a whole crew is working for him, all depending on when he's on stage. And 99.9% of musicians in the world get the general rule that stage time is stage time. Sure, things might prevent that from happening, but Axl is generally late, and not just a couple of minutes, but a couple of hours.

Axl does not get a free pass because he's the singer of Guns N' Roses. If he cares to explain exactly why he's late, I might just respect it. But I get the feeling he keeps it quiet because he knows people would find it completely unacceptable. Probably the same reason he won't release his book or his side of the story, he just thinks people will turn against him because everybody is out to get him.

• Like 1

O.K time to take a break on here. Every thread is the same. Axl's late sometimes I don't know why but I'm not going to discuss the same old topics & the Axl's this & that on every thread. If not about his appearance, weight, team brazil, one album in so many years etc. It's tedious.

The promoters printed bad times on the tickets. When you're trying to sell arenas out, you say the show starts at 7, because outright telling people it starts at 10 doesn't fly. When I saw them on the UCAP tour, ticket said 10pm start. Openers were on by 10:15, off by 11, GNR were on by 11:30. Just be honest on the ticket prices and there's no problem.

O.K time to take a break on here. Every thread is the same. Axl's late sometimes I don't know why but I'm not going to discuss the same old topics & the Axl's this & that on every thread. If not about his appearance, weight, team brazil, one album in so many years etc. It's tedious.

So if Axl comes 3 hours late then its ok with u? There are some fans who just go for the music and the GNR name and they dont actually know about how Axl is like how we do, so for a moment imagine you are that type of a fan. So you come to know that GNR is coming to a city near you, take for example Manchester, take it that its 3 hours by train, the show starts at 8.30pm

So well you go to Manchester, you are all happy, you have a return ticket of that night of around 1 am cause u thought the show would be over by 11.30 or 12 and then you would need to go the station and all, so to be on the safe side, you book a ticket of 1 am from Manchester to your city. So then you reach the venue and then wait for 3 hours, Axl comes on stage at around 11.30 or 12 and your train is leaving at 1am, wouldnt that piss you off?

• Like 1

how can anyone say axl being late is what hes known for and it doesnt bother them? the fans pay to watch a show not stand and sweat for hours in a warm hall waiting on axl turning up, i was there in 92, 93 and 2006, glasgow 2006 was a fucking nightmare waiting on the cunt, granted he was good but halfway through the show i was getting bored with all the solos, dehidrated and almost ready to go home, id imagine if he was on time and people didnt need to hang around aslong the show would have been more enjoyable.

i also wanted to see the other bands so turning up late wasnt an option, im also pretty sure he told people to fuck off and catch their bus as they were leaving half way through the show, cant remember exactly what he said though

So if Axl comes 3 hours late then its ok with u? There are some fans who just go for the music and the GNR name and they dont actually know about how Axl is like how we do, so for a moment imagine you are that type of a fan. So you come to know that GNR is coming to a city near you, take for example Manchester, take it that its 3 hours by train, the show starts at 8.30pm

So well you go to Manchester, you are all happy, you have a return ticket of that night of around 1 am cause u thought the show would be over by 11.30 or 12 and then you would need to go the station and all, so to be on the safe side, you book a ticket of 1 am from Manchester to your city. So then you reach the venue and then wait for 3 hours, Axl comes on stage at around 11.30 or 12 and your train is leaving at 1am, wouldnt that piss you off?

Yes it would. But if you guys take the blinders off, every thread has the same conversations about the frontman of your supposed favourite group. It's just constant hatred, whining & yes most of your are right about what your saying but for christ sake how many times are going to point out things we already

know and go over it and over it. It's tedious, if your all so clever find out somethings don't know, fresh infomation to brighten things up in this current bleak state.

The last show near to me was Manchester, I wanted to go but it was a midweek one. It would have meant staying over or driving and getting home around 4am, I was on a temp contract at the time so no paid leave and my partner would have had to take the next day off also to look after our children. Obviously I didn't go which is a shame however I guess as long as enough people turn up who can handle late starts to make the tour profitable he's probably not too bothered.

Work and kid responsibilities are about as un rock n roll as you can get and no doubt an alien concept to Mr Rose.

• Like 1

I didn't care in 2002 until the PA told me there'd be no concert. I don't remember how long we waited at Hammerstein. Didn't care.

As long as I felt like Axl was a viable artist who was serious about his craft and at least somewhat honest to his fans, I didn't care. I'm not saying it was right or that other people shouldn't have cared, but, for me, that's my Axl and he went on when he was ready. That was a lot of pressure on a sensitive little guy, having to go out there and be Axl Rose for everyone.

I absolutely hate that he goes on 3 hours late, but I expect it. What I really hate is that I have to get there at 7:00 and stand around forever (earlier if I want to be in the front of GA). Especially if I also have to hear two way lame openers beforehand.

The venue should just list Guns as starting at 11 or Axl should go on at 9. One of the two should happen. But neither will and we shall remain bummed.

Yes it would. But if you guys take the blinders off, every thread has the same conversations about the frontman of your supposed favourite group. It's just constant hatred, whining & yes most of your are right about what your saying but for christ sake how many times are going to point out things we already

know and go over it and over it. It's tedious, if your all so clever find out somethings don't know, fresh infomation to brighten things up in this current bleak state.

Take the blinders off?

Hatred? Nobody here hates anybody. Show me posts filled with hatred please. :)

If you find this forum tedious, why do you post here? I can PM you the address of two pro-Axl forums if you want.

What kind of fresh GNR information do you think a regular forum poster would be able to get? Any idea of who/where/what could be source for info? Do you think we should contact TB and ask them for information? How do you think they would react?

Please answer my questions using your honest opinion, not memes or gifs, if you can.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

I then saw him in 2012 for free, and I arrived late to the gig, he sounded horridly awful, but I got to see Izzy, so I didn't have to wait and I didn't pay, so couldn't complain either.

How you saw him for free? any chance that you met Izzy after that show?