Wedding Gifts

Słash

My cousin is getting married later this year, I am pretty unsure what gift should I give him, many people give home appliances or electronic stuff like laptops or tablets or phones, but he has all of these things, at the moment a good camera is coming in my mind, But I want to give him something which would coming in use for him and his wife (Now Don't say Condoms or lubricants or sex toys)

So well what would be a good wedding gift generally? and if your cousin or your friend has gotten married, what gift have you given them?

If you can afford a good camera for them, then I'd say get that.

By camera I meant, more like an action cam recorder, Go Pro Hero 4 Silver is coming in my mind, my mom said our budget is $2,000, Sony has a good camcorder HDR CX900, its for around $1,300.

If some has an old TV then giving a good new TV is also a good option, but his friend is giving him that, so at the moment nothing else is coming in my mind.

Don't most folk give money nowadays?

Yeah, unless of course you're real close to the person you're gifting and you know what they need; sometimes we'll chip in with friends to get a really big gift, but I will rarely go out and buy something to bring by myself (too much hassle anyway). I usually just give an envelope with a card and some cash.

Airplane tickets, hotel and tickets to a show/event you know they would enjoy.

They are going to South Africa for their Honeymoon, my mom is handling all their bookings, she said she will give money for the hotel at a specific city cause they will be in 3 to 4 different places there, so my mom said for one place she will pay for the hotel, she says that it will be better than a camera.

Don't most folk give money nowadays?

Thats true, my grandparents are giving them money and Cash is a thing which they can spend in whatever way they want to. When my other cousin got married last year we gave him Cash, thats another thing he was openly demanding a specific amount from everyone which I think is very cheap.

• Like 1