Anyone else feel that Axl has treated Bumblefoot with utter contempt?

"Yeah, these nights together are great hun, but when are we gonna move in, get serious, maybe have a kid together?"

"Soon babygurl, shit, you know I love you, you're the only one for me. That other bitch with the Bucket on her head wasn't real, y'know? This is for real. I just need more time"

"Awww....okay, okay"

"So...we bangin' or what?"

"Yeah, I guess"

6 years later.

"Hey babygurl, I know I haven't called you in a while, but I'm feeling horny...you gonna come over?"

"Ah, fuck this"

The Axl and Bumblefoot story.

• Like 1

I guess he has moved on and his happy with his solo career, if he tours with Axl's band this time, then it will be just for the money, well everyone is in for the money, but I guess this time he would want to make changes to the contract and I am having a feeling that TB is disagreeing on that.

It's no surprise to me that Axl isn't interested in Ron's material, as I said earlier... "electric ham sandwich".

Buckethead doesn't always hit the mark, but when he does, it's sublime...Ron might be able to play Bucket's material but he sure as fuck can't write it.

Each to their own. I would take Ron's music over BH's self-indulgence anyday. At least Ron actually writes proper songs with structures and riffs. I like some of BH's music but a fair amount of it is just super-fast noodling over power chords (Soothsayer and Nottingham Lace being two examples of this) but then instrumental music largely bores me.

Having said that, I do think the Shacklers Revenge riff was pretty badass.

That's cool, I respect your opinion.

People like Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park too, I sort of lump Ron's stuff in with that...really not my thing.

His music sounds nothing like either of those bands. Not sure if that's what you were suggesting?

I just mean it's as generic as generic could be.

I don't think those bands are as generic as your conception about music... putting Ron, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park on the same bag?

Anyway, eventhough I like a lot Ron's solo stuff, it sure as hell doesn't fit GN'R... it makes sense that Axl didn't want him to be involved in the writing process of whatever CD II is going to be

Given how much Axl has duped his fans over the years, I can only imagine the kind of fairytales he's weaved to keep people like Ron around for years. "Oh yeah, we'll release all the Chinese sessions this year, then we'll do a Rolling Stone shoot so everyone knows who is in the band, then you and I will co-write half of the new album....seriously, Ron and DJ, keep sending ke those tapes of what you're working on for Guns. They'll totally be our next hits someday soon. I definitely listen to them and Beta definitely doesn't throw them straight in the garbage".

The least Axl could do is return the favour by collaborating - even if only once - on one of Ron's musicial ideas. It would probably be all it took to get the man to stay in the band, but Axl thinks so little of this lineup he can't even bring himself to do that.

Is there a source on this or are you just saying some shit out of your ass for the hell of it?

What part exactly do you think I need a source for dickwipe? The part about Axl not collaborating with Ron on new music? Ron has confirmed this in various interviews.

Instead of calling me dickwipe, kindly link to an article where Ron says "Axl has never collaborated with me, ever" Unless the link is up your ass from where you pulled the statement, in that case, hang on to that link that you have crammed up your ass like a stick. All I asked for was a link. If there are so many, I'm sure you can find one. where he says "Axle has never collaborated with me ever." Or better yet one about being treated with contempt.

Instead of being mouthy, link.

All I can say is I don´t know what kind of contract Ron signed. Was he promised songwriting credits in an eventual new album? Was he guaranteed that a new album was going to be made to beging with?

If the answer is yes, then Axl fucked him over. But if he was hired to perform live shows and add a few things on CD but nothing beyond that then he knew what he was getting into. And he has nobody else to blame but himself

Exactly, is the fact that they didn't discard CD and start over again with Ron "Not collaborating?" Because lol at OP for drawing that conclusion, I wouldn't lol at Ron because he's not a moron and would not have expected the process to halt and start over again because he was on the scene.

Infact he has treated the entire post-2009 lineup with utter contempt. But when you factor into account Ron's loyalty, having performed in excruciating agony when most people would have walked, the least Axl could do is return the favour by collaborating - even if only once - on one of Ron's musicial ideas. It would probably be all it took to get the man to stay in the band, but Axl thinks so little of this lineup he can't even bring himself to do that.

As a guitarist Ron Thal can run rings around Robin Finck and can play anything Buckethead composed, and yet Axl never once chose to work on any original material with him. He has written some great songs himself and has a much stronger track record as a songwriter than Robin Finck ever did. Okay he isn't a former member of NIN so I guess he doesn't get Axl's boner raging the same way Robin did. But to be hired simply to play the parts of lesser musicians (many of whom had no more right to call themselves GNR than Ron has) must feel pretty demeaning for someone who has achieved such virtuosic levels in his craft.

Axl is a capitalist

he pays BBF's paycheck so he dictates to his employee therefore Axl can do whatever he wants with his "bandmates"....

I know it's a stupid/unfair thing, but that's the way

The least Axl could do is return the favour by collaborating - even if only once - on one of Ron's musicial ideas. It would probably be all it took to get the man to stay in the band, but Axl thinks so little of this lineup he can't even bring himself to do that.

Is there a source on this or are you just saying some shit out of your ass for the hell of it?

What part exactly do you think I need a source for dickwipe? The part about Axl not collaborating with Ron on new music? Ron has confirmed this in various interviews.

Instead of calling me dickwipe, kindly link to an article where Ron says "Axl has never collaborated with me, ever" Unless the link is up your ass from where you pulled the statement, in that case, hang on to that link that you have crammed up your ass like a stick. All I asked for was a link. If there are so many, I'm sure you can find one. where he says "Axle has never collaborated with me ever."
Find it yourself. Ron gives dozens of interviews every year, anyone who follows this band closely will recall several different sources attesting to the fact that the post-2009 lineup haven't once collaborated in a studio setting. I'm not saying anything that is news to anybody who reads this forum regularly. If you want the exact quotes trawl through the old interviews and get them yourself. Edited by Towelie

Bumble's in a better place then he was before Guns. There are sacrifices that you have to make, if you want that bigger house.

or he could played the smart card like Ashba, within a few year the dude owns a house in vegas which he couldnt do it in the past 10 years of his "career". Today he is in Axl's band and even doing stuff with Sixx Am.

Ron should have continued his solo stuff and could have easily gone when TB called him to tour, but man I feel his frustration also, like at the end moment they are telling him there is a tour when he already made up his plans

Basically being in Axl's band is easy money, If i get a chance, even I would say Yes, All I have to do is tour by covering parts of other people and make really good money out of it.

Axl seems to like tension and drama and maybe it makes them better players being fired up. He didn't want 20 year olds or session guys who couldn't handle life on the road, but there's a lot of people involved, and it's not always bandmates that are going to be the assholes, but the guys who have been part of the crew for years that don't take any shit. A lot of his bitching was towards management and not towards Axl.

Instead of calling me dickwipe, kindly link to an article where Ron says "Axl has never collaborated with me, ever" Unless the link is up your ass from where you pulled the statement, in that case, hang on to that link that you have crammed up your ass like a stick. All I asked for was a link. If there are so many, I'm sure you can find one. where he says "Axle has never collaborated with me ever."
Find it yourself. Ron gives dozens of interviews every year, anyone who follows this band closely will recall several different sources attesting to the fact that the post-2009 lineup haven't once collaborated in a studio setting. I'm not saying anything that is news to anybody who reads this forum regularly. If you want the exact quotes trawl through the old interviews and get them yourself.

Thank you for confirming you pulled it out of your ass.

You should edit your first post, you make it sound like you're basing it off of a solid quote, you should clarify that you just jumped to a conclusion loosely based on things you have read and worded it in a way that was intended to get attention and a reaction instead of for accuracy or an honesty discussion.

Find it yourself. Ron gives dozens of interviews every year, anyone who follows this band closely will recall several different sources attesting to the fact that the post-2009 lineup haven't once collaborated in a studio setting. I'm not saying anything that is news to anybody who reads this forum regularly. If you want the exact quotes trawl through the old interviews and get them yourself.

You should edit your first post, you make it sound like you're basing it off of a solid quote, you should clarify that you just jumped to a conclusion loosely based on things you have read and worded it in a way that was intended to get attention and a reaction instead of for accuracy or an honesty discussion.

"There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs."

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, 2012.

Source: eathumblepie.com

Edited by Towelie

To be fair, finck only has one songwriting credit on CD

1. Chinese Democracy

ASCAP: Axl, Josh Freese, Robin, Tommy, Dizzy, Paul, Eric Caudieux and Caram Costanzo

2. Shackler's Revenge

ASCAP: Axl, Buckethead, Robin, Caram Costanzo, Brain and Pete Scaturro

3. Better

ASCAP: Axl, Robin

4. Street of Dreams

ASCAP: Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Robin and Paul

7. Catcher in the Rye

ASCAP: Axl, Paul, Robin, Dizzy and Tommy

9. Riad and the Bedouins

ASCAP: Axl, Tommy, Robin, Dizzy and Paul

14. Prostitute

ASCAP: Axl, Paul and Robin

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7377

To be fair, finck only has one songwriting credit on CD

1. Chinese Democracy

ASCAP: Axl, Josh Freese, Robin, Tommy, Dizzy, Paul, Eric Caudieux and Caram Costanzo

2. Shackler's Revenge

ASCAP: Axl, Buckethead, Robin, Caram Costanzo, Brain and Pete Scaturro

3. Better

ASCAP: Axl, Robin

4. Street of Dreams

ASCAP: Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Robin and Paul

7. Catcher in the Rye

ASCAP: Axl, Paul, Robin, Dizzy and Tommy

9. Riad and the Bedouins

ASCAP: Axl, Tommy, Robin, Dizzy and Paul

14. Prostitute

ASCAP: Axl, Paul and Robin

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7377

Aren't the album notes who came up with the basic song structure and ascap is whoever helped at all (for legal purposes/royalties and such)? Then again fortus isn't credited for his chorus riff so that argument isn't very sound

Fuck that. Exactly what Towlie said. You should thank him for finding one of fucking tens of quotes confirming the common knowledge that Guns haven't recorded as a band since Bucket left. You should also thank him for confirming you're lazy and clueless.

• Like 1

Why would Axl at this point in his career, after all he's been through with previous band mates, still bother with any problems BBF had during touring? I think Axl at this point stays clear of any such matters and leaves it to management to handle it and just expects these guys to be ready when the show starts. And to BBFs credit, even with all he went through (and which was some heavy shit), he performed and did his part.

I do wonder, why is DJ allowed to announce his departure from GnR, yet Bumblefoot has to remain silent?

Why would Axl at this point in his career, after all he's been through with previous band mates, still bother with any problems BBF had during touring? I think Axl at this point stays clear of any such matters and leaves it to management to handle it and just expects these guys to be ready when the show starts. And to BBFs credit, even with all he went through (and which was some heavy shit), he performed and did his part.

I do wonder, why is DJ allowed to announce his departure from GnR, yet Bumblefoot has to remain silent?

I assume he is still negotiating his contract, I assume his contract got over last year, but he doesn't wants to leave on a bad note, like he wants to keep the window open for GNR whenever they tour, I guess legally and officially at the moment he is not hired by Axl anymore, but if Ron says I am leaving then it will close the future doors, on the other hand Ashba doesn't cares, Sixx AM is an ok band, he has other investments to rely on.