British and Irish Hellraisers

British and Irish actors known for drinking, partying with girls and just not giving a fuck. The hellraisers are the following

Oliver Reed

Richard Harris

Peter O'Toole

Richard Burton

Albert Finny

Numerous others, but that's all I can name right now. Albert Finny is the only one alive of those listed.

• Like 1

In this section, it seems limited to only thespians, (TBH, I've only heard of Oliver Reed on that list of yours there in the OP) but, as a subject, UK & Irish Hellraisers; George Best :)

Also Oliver Reed, wooop! :)

Also Sidney James! :lol:

Henrysidjames_2210949i.jpg

In this section, it seems limited to only thespians, (TBH, I've only heard of Oliver Reed on that list of yours there in the OP) but, as a subject, UK & Irish Hellraisers; George Best :)

You've only heard of Oliver Reed out of that lot? He's probably the least famous behind Albert Finney.

You've only heard of Oliver Reed out of that lot? He's probably the least famous behind Albert Finney.

Who? :P

How the fuck was Sid James a hellraiser?!? :lol: Also he's a South African jew :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

How the fuck was Sid James a hellraiser?!? :lol: Also he's a South African jew :lol:

He used to blow takes of Carry On by storming on set to 'bang man up' for touching his wifey :lol: Barbara Windsor, plus all the womanising.

He used to blow takes of Carry On by storming on set to 'bang man up' for touching his wifey :lol: Barbara Windsor, plus all the womanising.

Hellraisers are characterised by drinking a lot and fighting and womanising, he might've done the first one a fair bit but he was hardly a ladies favourite, i mean look at him :lol: And when was he married to Barbars Windsor?!? :lol:

Hellraisers are characterised by drinking a lot and fighting and womanising, he might've done the first one a fair bit but he was hardly a ladies favourite, i mean look at him :lol: And when was he married to Barbars Windsor?!? :lol:

I said wifey, not wife, they had thing...

If you define hellraising as drinking, womanising & fighting, then Sid James is a perfect candidate.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Not really, the first one you could make a case for, the womanising, uh, not really, just cuz he played a pervie old lech don't mean he was one and fighting? Pfft, when, with who? :lol: He was a hairdresser from South Africa called Solomon Joel Cohen, all that stuff about being a boxer and a doorman was made up to cultivate a certain image in the early days, he said so himself.

Not really, the first one you could make a case for, the womanising, uh, not really, just cuz he played a pervie old lech don't mean he was one and fighting? Pfft, when, with who? :lol: He was a hairdresser from South Africa called Solomon Joel Cohen, all that stuff about being a boxer and a doorman was made up to cultivate a certain image in the early days, he said so himself.

:lol:

rmdSxh.gif

He was a hairdresser from South Africa called Solomon Joel Cohen... he said so himself.

Is that the gif for talkin' out of your fuckin' arse? :lol:

I might add Len B'stard to the list, but he's a South African paki jew :lol::P

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

They achieved it through pure talent, the antics got them grief if anything.

A lot of it is overblown too, it wasnt a big deal, its just what lads are like, they go out and drink a lot, its just the culture. True Oliver Reed etc took that shit to a bit crazy lengths but to be honest with Olly there was a degree of acting out a role to it, hence why the Oliver Reed stories are slightly crazier, with your Albert Finneys and Richard Harrises, they were just like that by nature.

I know a few Irish lads that are like Richard Harris, he just up for a laugh really. Its a boys thing isnt it, i mean what do you do if you're a lad and young and rich and unencumbered, you go out and have a laugh, the ones who were doing the REALLY outlandish stuff were the ones who came up after the tabloid archetype was established.

Edited by Len B'stard