If something for the 30th Anniversary for AFD was in planning, wouldn't we expect activity right now to be nonexistent?

Anything is possible, even a reunion. I would even say that reunion is more likely than other scenarios.

Why do you think a reunion is more likely than the scenario where nothing happens?

I give you a few possible scenarios and you tell me what´s most likely to happen

A reunion

Fink, Brain and Buckethead back in the band, new album next year

Richard, Ron, DJ, Tommy back, new album next year

Axl going solo, no GN´R name. A new band mixing different members from different eras and some new guy who has never been around before.

Keep in mind that Richard and Dizzy had said they don´t know anything, things are up in the air. And DJ has said his priority is Sixx A.M.

I don't want to consider your scenarios. My point was that you have to be delusional if you consider reunion the most likely scenario conceivable.

Then what is your most likely scenario? Axl´s retirement?

For the 30th? I think there will be some FB posts from the management/Del, and maybe some band members. I don't think we'll hear from Axl. Nothing else.

• Like 1

Anything is possible, even a reunion. I would even say that reunion is more likely than other scenarios.

Why do you think a reunion is more likely than the scenario where nothing happens?

I give you a few possible scenarios and you tell me what´s most likely to happen

A reunion

Axl going solo, no GN´R name. A new band mixing different members from different eras and some new guy who has never been around before.

Keep in mind that Richard and Dizzy had said they don´t know anything, things are up in the air. And DJ has said his priority is Sixx A.M.

I don't want to consider your scenarios. My point was that you have to be delusional if you consider reunion the most likely scenario conceivable.

For the 30th? I think there will be some FB posts from the management/Del, and maybe some band members. I don't think we'll hear from Axl. Nothing else.

And isn´t it also possible that Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler/ could celebrate performing somewhere? As for Axl, sure he may do nothing, say nothing. But unlike the HOF a few things have changed. At this point there is no new band and no new album

Axl doesn't understand the difference between the lineup changes. It's all guns n roses...why would he reunite 88 GNR and not 93? Or reunite 01 Gn'R and not 06? It's all the same right?

but I always hold out hope that Axl comes to his senses and is working on making the reunion with Slash happen.

• Like 1

This is why a reunion is likely :

1) Axl is too young to retire.

2) He still wants to be successful (anybody who thinks that Axl doesn't care about success is a fool), but he knows that nuguns failed.

3) To work again with Slash is the key to success. He knows it. We all do.

90% of us want a reunion, but the reality is that it won't happen, if it had to happen, it could have happened long time ago.

Axl still has his hired members on contract except for Ron, so he can again do the nostalgic tours with them like how he has been doing since the past 15 years, he doesn't cares if Ron or anyone is in the band or not, he will just keep on hiring new people.

The only scenario I see now is that IF Stinson leaves, he wont leave, touring with Axl's band is his Alcohol money, but IF he leaves somehow then I can see Duff coming back, but other than that I don't see anything else happening.

A reunion

And isn´t it also possible that Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler/ could celebrate performing somewhere? As for Axl, sure he may do nothing, say nothing. But unlike the HOF a few things have changed. At this point there is no new band and no new album

Sure, some former members could do things. I thought we were talking abut GN'R and Axl.

I don't see any change since the HOF except that GN'R might not be actively touring.

This is why a reunion is likely :1) Axl is too young to retire.2) He still wants to be successful (anybody who thinks that Axl doesn't care about success is a fool), but he knows that nuguns failed.3) To work again with Slash is the key to success. He knows it. We all do.

1. If your voice is shot, you're in terrible shape, your crowds are dwindling and you have enough money to live on I doubt age would have much to do with any decision to retire.

2. Axl has a very strange definition of success. One that leads him to not promote his first album in 17 years until 2 years after the fact. He has also made it clear numerous times that he would see caving in to a reunion or stepping on stage with Slash again to be his ultimate failure.

3. Whether he knows it or not, he resents the idea. And this is a guy who has absolutely no qualms about shooting humself in the foot time and time again.

This is why a reunion is likely :

1) Axl is too young to retire.

2) He still wants to be successful (anybody who thinks that Axl doesn't care about success is a fool), but he knows that nuguns failed.

3) To work again with Slash is the key to success. He knows it. We all do.

Even if Axl is too young to retire (which he isn't), the more likely scenario is still that he continues with a new lineup of GN'R, than revert to one consisting om a member he has said he will never work with again.

I agree that Axl wants to be successful (we all do!), but not for any cost. I also don't think Axl considers it a success to reunite just to sell more records or tickets. Axl wants artistic success, and I don't think he wants to revisit the past to get that, especially not if that would imply personal sacrifices on his part, and I am also not sure he seems reunion as the only way to artistic success.

Lastly, I disagree with your idea that he needs to work with Slash to have success. I think parts of Chinese Democracy proved he can write great music with other musicians. With the personal grievances between the two of them, I aslo think any musical output would suffer. And even if they were able to bury the hatchet and focus on creating music, I am not sure the spark would be there, nor that they would be able to reach the heights they did in the 80s. I think the have laid their best years behind them. I also don't think they would inspire eachother like they did. Basically, they are not the same guys anymore, they are old guys now and I am not sure how musically compatible they are today. I think Axl would be better off finding some new, hungry musician that could inspire him, than to try to reignite what once was.

And then we end the conversation with that if he wants artistic success then WHY THE FUCK HE IS NOT RELEASING ANY NEW MUSIC!

Maybe because he doesn't trust his current, unreleased material to grant him artistic success? Maybe because he thinks it needs more backing from a label to succeed? Maybe because he thinks it needs more work? Maybe because he is fairly complacent with his life right now and doesn't want the hassle that is required to achieve artistic success these days?

Edited by SoulMonster

DJ Ashba 30 minutes phone call contest exclusive on the Nightrain Forum

Yeah Ashba talking about the hard work he put in making Appetite and how he came with the iconic riff of Sweet Child.

DJ Ashba 30 minutes phone call contest exclusive on the Nightrain Forum

Yeah Ashba talking about the hard work he put in making Appetite and how he came with the iconic riff of Sweet Child.

why not? okay forgot it! DJ Ashba left Guns N' Roses today....

Maybe a phone call with Beta

Now would actually be a good time to put it all together. Duff and Matt could easily keep their schedules clear of K.O.C. and dolphin hugging projects for two years from now, Slash could avoid releasing an album/touring during that time if he's notified now, and Steven would cancel all Adler dates if they called and said, "Hey Steve - We're reuniting tomorrow." Izzy is Izzy. He could skip out on the whole thing, or he could be lobbying for a reunion right now. No clue.

The big thing is, they'll have to perform more than just AFD. I think Adler, in his sobriety could handle a lot more than people give him credit for, but it still wouldn't surprise me to see two drummers (SA and MS) involved with it. I think between two drummers, they could learn a view of the CD songs as well.

But imagine that - The intro to "Chinese Democracy" being played by Izzy up on the drum platform, and when the lights and pyro go up, it's the AFD lineup playing it by surprise.