quick Q: your looks are gone (hollywood rose)

so some of us heard this demo, allegedly of Hollywood Rose, playing "your looks are gone"

there was only one version of the song, incomplete, and souding as if rec under water.

we are talking about Kazaa times here, around 2001 was when I got a hold of this one

same time when Dangerous Toys's 'demon bell' circulated the p2p world claiming to be GNR's unreleased track

now, I know it "your looks are gone" probably isn't HR at all bikoz this song is great and all the other songs of theirs were shit

so there's that

but what I really wanna know is,

as of 2015, does anyone finally know who wrote and rec that song?

I'd love to get a hold of the original - the song rules

i have always wanted to listen to a proper version of that song

because like you said it was pretty much unlistenable

it indeed sounds like it was recorded underwater

is it available somewhere?

===

i am curious, dont you like rocker, killing time, my way your way, wreckless life etc?

i just love all those songs, the HR album is terrific

sure i like it a lot and i own the album

the thing is, and i know it's really easy to misunderstand such strong words,

the big party of why i like those songs and listen to 'em is bikoz it's pre-gnr.

and it's very interesting to check this album out and put it into perspective when a die hard gnr fan listens to it

out of those you mentioned, Rocker is my fav.

but let's be honest - had it been any other band, i wouldn't have spent a goddamn cent on this music

• Like 1

sure i like it a lot and i own the album

the thing is, and i know it's really easy to misunderstand such strong words,

the big party of why i like those songs and listen to 'em is bikoz it's pre-gnr.

and it's very interesting to check this album out and put it into perspective when a die hard gnr fan listens to it

out of those you mentioned, Rocker is my fav.

but let's be honest - had it been any other band, i wouldn't have spent a goddamn cent on this music

maybe these are not the best songs ever, but Axl & Izzy & Chris Weber performance makes them sound REALLY FUCKING GREAT

one thing that always got my attention is the uncanny ability that Guns n Roses has (had?) to turn songs that I couldnt care about into songs that are actually great

PIECE OF ME, by Skid Row, sounds like an average rock song

But when Slash, Duff, Lars and Axl play that song, it sounds terrific

axl singing that song is so great :headbang: