SLASH, DUFF, MATT & GILBY together onstage JULY 2015

nice to see them always. maybe myles is a good singer i dunno, but he's scary as hell on gnr songs. why does slash insist so much on him? :(

Maybe because he will just shut up and sing?

maybe he should just shut up and not sing? :)

not saying hes a bad singer, he just cant fit in gnr songs. duff and izzy would be way better singing them.

Cool. It's a shame Myles just doesn't fit any of the songs in the slightest.

I so wish that wasn't the case, but it just is. I caught part of some Slash concert on cable the other day and I found myself just sitting there wishing Myles sounded any good at all.

• Like 3

Of all the songs, they picked the worst for Myles. He is too nasally to sing songs known for prime Axl's raspy/lower register voice. His voice works much better on stuff like Sweet Child.

This.

I don't mind Myles on Mr. Brownstone (other videos, can't really hear him on this one). Mr. Brownstone is always near the top of my favorite songs list and as long as the vocalist gets the swing it makes me happy (I am easy to please when it comes to this song).

Then again, Myles also has the absolute worst rendition of the song I've ever heard and I've watched a lot of unprofessional covers of this song on youtube (what can I say, I love the song). The first time I decided to check out how Myles did on GNR songs I hit that horrible rendition. It had a weird sound and didn't have that swing (or whatever you call it, I suck at music terminology). It took me awhile to get over it and listen to anything he did again.

(as an aside: Weiland's covers of Mr. Brownstone were always too fast. )

Myles' version of Brownstone during the "Made in Stoke" show was atrocious.

This is the one. I avoided everything Myles for I don't know how long after hearing that.

Yeah. Brownstone is one of my favorite songs, so that was pretty much an abomination to hear the Stoke version. I think at some point you just have to know your weakness and stay away from it. That said, he's actually pretty good with Sweet Child (which Axl hasn't been able to sing very well in the last 25 years).

I hope we will se Izzy and/or Steven on stage with KOC one day.

This. I mean it's accepted fact of life that Axl is an idiot who will never mature but it's been always Slash, Duff and Steven; Izzy, Duff and Steven; Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt; Slash, Izzy and Steven; or Slash, Gilby, Duff and Matt. There's never been a Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven performance. I guess Steven tried but that was ruined by Slash poofing out and that annoying Axl impersonator.

I've said it since the Hall of Fame introduction - I'd be all for a tour with the Slash, Gilby, Duff, Matt, and Myles line-up. Call it whatever they want and do a bunch of Guns songs. Maybe even throw in some VR for good measure. Play clubs and small theatres and it'd be a cool throwback to both the early and Illusion GNR days for someone who wasn't around to witness them. Illusions in terms of line-up - early days in terms of tour set-up.

I know many people are mixed on Myles but I'll take his voice over current Axl. Sure, he doesn't have a standout voice but he's a comptent singer in his own right. It'd make for a fun show.