SLASH, DUFF, MATT & GILBY together onstage JULY 2015

I've said it since the Hall of Fame introduction - I'd be all for a tour with the Slash, Gilby, Duff, Matt, and Myles line-up. Call it whatever they want and do a bunch of Guns songs. Maybe even throw in some VR for good measure. Play clubs and small theatres and it'd be a cool throwback to both the early and Illusion GNR days for someone who wasn't around to witness them. Illusions in terms of line-up - early days in terms of tour set-up.

I know many people are mixed on Myles but I'll take his voice over current Axl. Sure, he doesn't have a standout voice but he's a comptent singer in his own right. It'd make for a fun show.

please no Myles

And Izzy has got to be there

No singer needed

Izzy and duff can handle vocals

they dont even need to play old stuff

I am sure these guys can write an album in 10-20 days and I am sure this album is gonna be terrific

• Like 1

As nice as this was, I wish it had been Izzy there instead of Gilby. Couldn't really care less if it's Matt or Steve behind the kit. And obviously Axl instead of Myles (if he'd get his ass in gear).

But seriously, did Slash and Izzy have some kind of falling out since 2010 or something? Just seems weird they've done virtually nothing together since Slash's first solo record. Not even a live performance together all these years later? Just strikes me as odd.

As nice as this was, I wish it had been Izzy there instead of Gilby. Couldn't really care less if it's Matt or Steve behind the kit. And obviously Axl instead of Myles (if he'd get his ass in gear).

But seriously, did Slash and Izzy have some kind of falling out since 2010 or something? Just seems weird they've done virtually nothing together since Slash's first solo record. Not even a live performance together all these years later? Just strikes me as odd.

Izzy just seems to have disappeared again. He used to play with Axl now and then but since 2012 there's been nothing.

I mean he did record with Duff recently. It's probably just a case of Izzy not wanting to be arsed, but sometimes I do wonder if there's something more to it. Not one appearance with Slash in all these years he's been touring? Not even for just a song?

I have no problem eith Myles singing Guns tunes. I have a bigger problem with him as a studio musician besides Slash.

I agree. I think Myles pulls off the GnR songs adequately enough, it's just Slash has put out some really kick ass songs musically in my opinion and Myles voice is just too vanilla for what Slash is doing. I don't hate Myles's voice it just doesn't excite me or appeal to me on any level.

• Like 3

I have no problem eith Myles singing Guns tunes. I have a bigger problem with him as a studio musician besides Slash.

I agree. I think Myles pulls off the GnR songs adequately enough, it's just Slash has put out some really kick ass songs musically in my opinion and Myles voice is just too vanilla for what Slash is doing. I don't hate Myles's voice it just doesn't excite me or appeal to me on any level.

That's exactly the way I feel. Not only his voice, but his vocals in general are too much pop. The melodies, his hooks and his lalala's.

That said, despite everything they managed to create one cool and one great album. So it isn't that bad, isn't it?

I think whereas Slash plays well off Izzy and benefits from a his songwriting, Izzy gets noodled off stage and his songs get cheesed up. When i listen to Izzy solo stuff and production punk attotude I understand why he left GNR and maybe why he doesnt work with Slash more. Save it for the reunion cash grab tour.

• Like 1

If you look closer, you will see that doing nothing together is pretty much the rule (pattern) for Slash and Izzy

And thats a shame!

Izzy and Slash never really did much together after GNR.

Izzy has recorded and released a zillion records and Slash never played on any of them.

(Duff has recorded several albums with Izzy)

Slash has recorded 2 albums as Snakepit, 2 albums with Velvet Revolver and 3 solo albums. Izzy only played in one track of the first solo album.

Yeah, Izzy was there on The Project before Scott Weiland came onboard and Slash said that they wrote the best GNR instrumental record, but that was never released. Izzy said he and Duff could handle vocals, Slash didnt want any of that, and we basically lost the chance of having the best rock n roll band ever together again...

Aside from the odd live appearance (not really many) they havent done much together for the last 24 years.

Thats the pattern...

photo222.jpg

VRsession.jpg

I mean he did record with Duff recently. It's probably just a case of Izzy not wanting to be arsed, but sometimes I do wonder if there's something more to it. Not one appearance with Slash in all these years he's been touring? Not even for just a song?

Izzy played on (and probably cowrote) Ghost for the 2010 Slash album.

• Like 1

They didnt really work together on UYI. Slash played on Izzys songs, beefing them up and Axl put low talking and sang on them. Izzy just handed in what Axl called demos and they worked them up into GNR songs.

IIRC, even on Slash's first solo record, Izzy showed up early to do his bit on Ghost and left before Slash arrived. Doesn't sound like something an old friend would do, unless he had to be somewhere else. I always got the feeling they never got along, especially once you consider the bad mouthing of Izzy during UYI, and him ditching VR.

IIRC, even on Slash's first solo record, Izzy showed up early to do his bit on Ghost and left before Slash arrived.

Interesting! Do you happen to remember the source?

Interview with Slash, of the million he's done while touring. no idea which, was a few years ago I believe.

IIRC, even on Slash's first solo record, Izzy showed up early to do his bit on Ghost and left before Slash arrived.

Interesting! Do you happen to remember the source?

Interview with Slash, of the million he's done while touring. no idea which, was a few years ago I believe.

Interesting tidbit, which means Izzy do not really like Slash

he may not hate him, but not like him either

Same applies for vica versa, imo

Edited by Strange Broue