Let's cover a classic GNR song!

exciting news! would you be able to upload these two tracks as a waves somewhere on private storage and paste me the link at PM?

I can try that later, but can you access the Google drive account? This way, everyone can get the rhythm track. I have the wav, but I was just going to use that for the final mix. The MP3 is perfectly fine quality for recording guitar and vocal parts. After all, I just need individual wav's from everyone!

Let me know!!

Since there are now 4 vocalists, are they gonna cherry pick from all their tracks or is 1 gonna sing the bass harmony (if that's what you call it) one the middle , and one the high note melody. Or are they all gonna be layered over each other (no matter what they sing)

Sorry I didn't do this earlier, but I needed to borrow some equipment to record this.

Tell me what do you think. I'd love to sing on this project!

Here's small sample of my take on Sweet Child Of Mine...

Nice! Record some vocals and send me the files!!

COOL!!!

I will definitely record vocals and send 'em to you! I just need few days to get into my friend's studio to record!

I'm all hyped up! :)

BTW. Pretty Tied Up is 140bpm if someone needs this info...

Edited by Ana_1991

Ana, you are pretty good man

Thanks a lot!

Here's another one!

This one is way better recorded but it is a ballad so I didn't uploaded it before SCOM.

I sing both vocals, main vocal and backing vocal here on Patience.

In a few days I'll get vocal tracks for Pretty Tied Up recorded and I'll send them for this project.

:headbang:

• Like 1

Where are my guitarists?! Come on, start sending me tracks! Just download the rhythm track I posted and use it as a backing track to record your parts. Bounce out your soloed guitar tracks and upload them back into the communal google drive account I made.

Let's rock!

Where are my guitarists?! Come on, start sending me tracks! Just download the rhythm track I posted and use it as a backing track to record your parts. Bounce out your soloed guitar tracks and upload them back into the communal google drive account I made.

Let's rock!

Hey! hopefully I'll get a track or two to you this week, just downloaded the backing track so we'll see if time permits.

• Like 1

I did a quick version of the solo, it needs to be improved, but need it checked for levels etc (obvious cut in where I spliced two solos together and I just played it by ear from a handful of listens)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NzzxFShofOcmNrcm9HS0FmN00/view?usp=sharing

Fucking awesome! I mixed in your solo, and I'm supremely pleased. Levels are perfect. I jut hit it with a bit of parametric EQ and a touch of reverb.

I'm jealous of your kickass guitar playing ;)

Come on, guitarists! Send me some rhythm tracks.

I did a quick version of the solo, it needs to be improved, but need it checked for levels etc (obvious cut in where I spliced two solos together and I just played it by ear from a handful of listens)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NzzxFShofOcmNrcm9HS0FmN00/view?usp=sharing

Fucking awesome! I mixed in your solo, and I'm supremely pleased. Levels are perfect. I jut hit it with a bit of parametric EQ and a touch of reverb.

I'm jealous of your kickass guitar playing ;)

Come on, guitarists! Send me some rhythm tracks.

Thanks man!

I also had a bit of compression on the original recording (which is removed for the wav) which helps the smooth the levels of the vibrato part at the end (don't have an amp that I can have loud enough to feedback I'm afraid, not with the wife in bed anyway!! :P)

Edited by Giblet

Was a drum track taken somewhere from the internet as a midi mapped? We just bought the best souding drum samples I ever tested in my life so I guess it would be very reasonable to use them on a final track. Check out the product here - http://drumforge.com

Hell yeah, I love Drum Forge samples. I use Steven Slate Drums a lot, too.

But this track isn't midi-mapped. I just got it from an open-source, free download backing track site. If you feel like mapping to MIDI, go for it!

Was a drum track taken somewhere from the internet as a midi mapped? We just bought the best souding drum samples I ever tested in my life so I guess it would be very reasonable to use them on a final track. Check out the product here - http://drumforge.com

But this track isn't midi-mapped. I just got it from an open-source, free download backing track site. If you feel like mapping to MIDI, go for it!

fuck no :) no time for that, but I think that we can find someone to make that - it will sound killer

fuck no :) no time for that, but I think that we can find someone to make that - it will sound killer

Sure would. But it's all a matter of TIME! I too have no time to map it out in MIDI.