*If* Finck decided to return...

Would you be happy about it?

Personally, he was one of my least favorite GNR guitarists ever. I hated his stage persona, his look, and I thought he butchered a lot of the "classic" solos. I'll admit he can play a decent guitar but I felt as if his style never really fit the band, especially after Bucket left. I was pretty happy when he left..although then DJ came along and made him seem not so bad. But I still don't think he's the right man for the job even though DJ has softened my opinion on him a bit.

I think he was out of his league when it came to the classic GNR material (not as bad as DJ though) but he was stellar when it came to the Chinese Democracy stuff, the songs he was actually involved in.

Scuttlebutt says Axl thought of Finck as his Randy Rhoads and together they would forge ahead-somehow that died in the ass.

I have no evidence to prove it, but I believe Robin leaving after the 06-07 tour took the wind out of Axl's sails.

Personally, I want Axl to end this "New GNR" farce and get the AFD band back together.

• Like 2

I would. I don't care for his butchering of old songs solos. His solos are good (except for his part of the solo on the riad leak, I liked buckets part though). I like his style of playing (modern I guess you'd call it. As in not bluesy)

Edited by Mendez

I most definitely would want Robin to be back in GNR. I wouldn't want another "new" guy. Robin has always been my #2 favorite member of Guns. My favorite song is Better. I want to hear TIL live with some justice. Most people are in for a reunion, I'm not. Obviously, it's better than nothing. I would want Robin back with the release of CD 2. If I Were Robin I would sign a short contract , if no new album, I'm out. Robin dedicated a lot of his life to Guns and I respect him for that.

He didn't fit GNR. He butchered the old material which is 90% of the setlist.

I don't see what is great about his contributions to CD either.

He is better than Ashba which doesn't say much.

I'll acknowledge that he is better in a band that suits his style, that being NIN.