Would you be upset if we never saw or heard from Axl again?

Dr. Who

I honestly don't care at this point. Maybe if he gets the original band or the UYI lineup together. This NuGNR abortion has failed miserably. I used to have good laughs about it, but now it's just pathetic. I'd rather have him do nothing than making a complete fool out of himself again everytime he appears after a long period of silence. The tweets- and communication of the camp towards the fans have run most of the fond feelings I had for this band into the ground. Either stop being a giant miserable cunt and call Slash or please, do nothing. Or wait, do something. At least fire Team Brazil and stop this trainwreck of fail at once.

Naw, not at this point. The saddest thing about his departure would be never hearing and seeing his amazing voice and charisma again, and that's already gone anyways. What would we really be missing? Glorified parody?

If there was some kind of sign that it was worth giving a shit about this band continuing, it'd be one thing. But since at least Rio 2011, what's been the point?

Naw, not at this point. The saddest thing about his departure would be never hearing and seeing his amazing voice and charisma again, and that's already gone anyways. What would we really be missing? Glorified parody?

If there was some kind of sign that it was worth giving a shit about this band continuing, it'd be one thing. But since at least Rio 2011, what's been the point?

Could've said the same things after Rio 2001 or after the tour was cancelled in 2002 and yet after that we got him sounding and performing about on par with the '90s in 2006 and amazing performances in 2009 and 2010.

Yes, I'd cry floods of tears every night, dab at them with a silk hanky whilst writing odes to Axl on a scroll with a quill with my other hand.

I don't want to see Axl making a fool of himself. I want him to be successful and respected, and the only way to get that recognition is to work again with Slash, Duff and Izzy. Please, no more nugnr. No more travesty.

Bit late for all that, you think a reunion would garner him respect? Pfft. He is a cunt in the public eye and will be forever, unless he dedicates the rest of his life to saving the dolphins or something. Even then they'd probably say he was just a washed up used-to-be fishing for the last kinda publicity he's good for.

Edited by Len B'stard

Could've said the same things after Rio 2001 or after the tour was cancelled in 2002 and yet after that we got him sounding and performing about on par with the '90s in 2006 and amazing performances in 2009 and 2010.

True. I'll give you that. But at this point, I don't foresee another comeback of that nature. He's on a whole different level in terms of performance compared to someone like Mick (in a good way). He doesn't have the expendable years to bounce back to that kind of level like he used to. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Not from what I'm seeing. Is it worth holding your breath for? :lol:. There doesn't even seem to be much of an incentive for Axl to do that, and if he doesn't give a shit, why should we?

For me, I rather have no Axl than a half assed one going through the motions. It's sad, pathetic, and in my opinion, a rip off. And I don't think the public would care one way or the other these days.

I don't want to see Axl making a fool of himself. I want him to be successful and respected, and the only way to get that recognition is to work again with Slash, Duff and Izzy. Please, no more nugnr. No more travesty.

This is exactly how I feel.

I supported Axl and his New Guns thing up until 09...since then it's firmly been in the "making a fool of himself" category.

Would I be upset if we never saw or heard from Axl again?

No.

That sounds cold doesn't it? And I am an Axl fan who doesn't get embarrassed by strange hair styles or odd fashion senses and secretly or not so secretly cheer if he stayed out of sight. I would love for him to do tours and release albums. Make himself more public or whatever. But on the other hand... well his absence isn't going to affect my life in anyway.

Asking these kinds of questions usually only gets one type of answer. The truest answer is yes, we all care (that's why we spend hours each day on a forum dedicated to the band he created). We just want him not to help create any more disaster videos. And for him to make and release new music etc.

And to the people saying nobody cares, you are sorely mistaken. People might consider Axl a joke, but they still like to know he's out there. Every time he ever went away people became even more intrigued by him, articles about what he's supposedly doing based on hearsay and people that used to work with him etc... people are intrigued by him, and regardless of his new music or lack thereof, people will remain interested.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

I'm kind of cool with never seeing him again. I didn't bother going last time he rolled through. I've already seen that show back when it was still performed with a modicum of conviction. I couldn't honestly give a shit if I never heard an Appetite song played live for the rest of my life. I only want to see Axl if he's doing something new, which he won't, so fuck it.

• 3 weeks later...