Visited Axl's home the other day

You should have just gotten on the intercom and asked him if he was home.

He did put his home in a music video so as far as "stalking" goes, if they stay on the other side of the gate, I doubt he's bothered by it. It doesn't mean the cops won't ask you what you're doing, or private security isn't going to want to know what you're up to. Bike riding on those roads are treacherous.

Nothing stalkerish about it at all LOL

Its a public road.

Yeah but you didn't go up it to sample the highways of hollywood did you, you went up there cuz Axl Rose lives there and something about the eye contact you make with him off of posters and magazine covers makes you feel enough of a connection with him to go have a sniff around his front gates and peer down his driveway like a creeper, THATS whats stalkerish about it :lol:

Visiting Axl's malibu house is a bit like visiting Mecca for a muslim - it must be done once in a lifetime. :axl:

Yes, thats EXACTLY what its like...if you're a twat :lol:

• Like 3

Is Axl's house fenced in with a big wall?

I would think he would have super good security.

Well, if I knew where Axl lived I would walk by and check it out, but not hang outside and wait for him. That's just weird and he'd probably call the cops if people hung outside his house for too long.

Everyone deserves their privacy.

If I was in the area for some reason and I had a week I would love to just drive around millionaires' neighborhoods. There is nothing like it in my area.

In LA they do have tours of famous people's houses, but I think you can look but can't go up to their houses.

Yeah, there are many neighborhoods in Dallas that have amazing homes. It's on a busy street, so around the holidays we drive around there. They decorate their homes so beautifully and a lot of people drive around there just to see them.

If I was in the area for some reason and I had a week I would love to just drive around millionaires' neighborhoods. There is nothing like it in my area.

In LA they do have tours of famous people's houses, but I think you can look but can't go up to their houses.

Yeah, there are many neighborhoods in Dallas that have amazing homes. It's on a busy street, so around the holidays we drive around there. They decorate their homes so beautifully and a lot of people drive around there just to see them.

Most of the tours are based around old Hollywood homes and a lot of times you're looking at gates and bushes. I like the golden age of Hollywood so I enjoy looking at that stuff. Marc's friend Alison Martino (daughter of Al) has a really good FB website called Vintage Los Angeles that kind of fills the Huell Howser void for me...

There were some amazing homes in Houston too.

• Like 1

To be fair, there's an entire industry in LA dedicated to showing tourists celebrities' houses, so our friend here isn't doing something all that out of the ordinary. LA is a weird place.

I think it's understandable to a degree.

GN'R have become iconic at this point. If Axl's house hadn't been linked intrinsically to GN'R with the Estranged video, I think far less people would care about it. But by showcasing his home in that video he integrated it into GN'R history, and especially given the perception that he's a recluse, fans wanting to drive by and see the house, or go to the bar where a part of a music video was filmed, isn't that creepy.

Would I do it? Probably not, unless I was already in the area. But I don't chastise a fan for wanting to drive by and see what it looks like, as long as they're not bothering him, trying to take paparazzi pics, etc.

• Like 3

Most of the tours are based around old Hollywood homes and a lot of times you're looking at gates and bushes. I like the golden age of Hollywood so I enjoy looking at that stuff. Marc's friend Alison Martino (daughter of Al) has a really good FB website called Vintage Los Angeles that kind of fills the Huell Howser void for me...

There were some amazing homes in Houston too.

I think every city has some beautiful homes. It's depressing sometimes because I know I won't ever have a home like they have, but at least I have a nice home that's my own.

Yeah, I would love to see houses from actresses and actors from the 30's and 40's and 50's. I love those eras. That's when Hollywood was full of glamour and lots of fun.

Well, Liverpool has 'the beatles tour'. You visit Aunt Mimi's house and Paul's house and Strawberry Fields. Same with Elvis and Graceland. There is really not a great deal of difference except the property in question still has a tenant who is alive, and that it is not part of some rearranged tour. Personally it is not for me and I do not understand these VIP things either but to deny our human specie is not obsessed with celebrity culture is an error. It is sort of a human failing that exists in us all. It is inherent, intrinsic. I have to confess to owning a few cricketers' autographs so I am not totally immune from its influence.

• 3 weeks later...

How about sailing past it from the other side (since it's situated by the Pacific)...wonder what that view is like.

Sunset must be (i can only assume) stunning. Money cant buy that so i bet he would never sell that house. Lucky man Axl is.

How about sailing past it from the other side (since it's situated by the Pacific)...wonder what that view is like.

Sunset must be (i can only assume) stunning. Money cant buy that so i bet he would never sell that house. Lucky man Axl is.

well technically it did since he bought the property that afforded him that view :P