Guns N' Roses reunion rumors arise as clues are revealed

It really confuses me when people say they want a GNR reunion with Gilby and Sorum. How they are GNR but anyone since 96 is not just doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by MrSoftie

If they reunite I'll eat my own arse with a teaspoon.

It's a matter of time... Marc Canter and Eddie Trunk think it's possible, and they both know the guys involved very well. So... you never know.

As far as what's GNR and what's not, Axl and Slash are the most important members, without one of them there's no GNR.

This is why I now despise Trunk.

What? I wouldn't be surprised one day if Slash, Izzy and Duff with either Steven or Matt do some shows with either Myles or some other singers.

Poison did some shows with different singers, because Brett Michaels is doing his solo stuff.

I doubt if Axl would be able to stop it if the original members decided to tour without him.

Axl owns the Guns N' Roses name. They can tour without him all they want, but they would have to do it under a different name than Guns N' Roses. I don't like the fact he has the name because his tribute band is not Guns N' Roses. I consider Chinese Democracy to be an Axl Rose solo album.

But I also wouldn't like it if the reverse was true. There is no Guns N' Roses without Axl Rose. He is too important to the band's musical history from a vocal, lyrical, and performance standpoint to simply replace him with a nasally wannabe like Myles Kennedy. I say that being fully aware that Axl himself can't sing anymore.

Just call the band Guns.

Slash, Duff, Sorum and Izzy. Find a young up and coming singer with a killer voice. Then tour clubs and festivals (so Izzy will stay involved).

I wonder if they put that band together if Axl would say "f@ck it. If you guys are gonna tour and put out an album it might as well be with me."

Axl is not a stupid guy. Quite the opposite.

He will know the problems to be faced by yet ANOTHER incarnation of GNR. If ever a reunion is close it is now. Maybe in 2-3yrs.

I bet at the very least people are talking and by people i mean. Axl and Slash via Duff. Slash's public attitude jas changed a lot and he has said a lot of interesting things recently. He's denied talking to Axl but no one has asked him if he communicates at all via Duff. This is entirely possible and to be honest almost a given. Slash these days is playing way more GNR classics than ever. Perhaps he doesnt feel so bad about doing this now for a reason.

As long as Axl/Guns continues to be managed by his fucking housekeeper, there's not a snowball's chance in hell of a reunion. They've worked long and hard to estrange (pardon) any and all around them who can fuck with their meal ticket (read: actual management like Irving Azoff and Doc McGhee, both of whom pushed hard for a reunion). And a reunion most certainly would entail real management: Slash and company aren't going to kowtow to Axl's nanny. But those two have got Axl's ear and his wallet and they won't let go any time soon.

• Like 3

If they reunite I'll eat my own arse with a teaspoon.

It's a matter of time... Marc Canter and Eddie Trunk think it's possible, and they both know the guys involved very well. So... you never know.

As far as what's GNR and what's not, Axl and Slash are the most important members, without one of them there's no GNR.

This is why I now despise Trunk.

Kissing Axl's ass on-air once every 3-4 years does not constitute 'knowing him well'. For that you need to kiss his ass every day (^^).

Eddie and Mark think it's possible. Two guys who haven't spoken to Axl in years think there's a vague chance. Well, that's me convinced.

By the way if it ever did happen I want the job of being announcer on the tour ad:

"The original Guns N' Roses are back!

And this time....Duff's the good-looking one. How the fuck did that happen?"

IMO i really think we will see a reunion in 2-3 years. In Axl time. The question is would the world give a fuck in 2-3 years after all the previous delays and years of GNR inactivity? In all honesty fans are keeping GNR going.. outside of GNR fans no one knows who's in the band or cares what they've done. For me there's only one way that would EVER change.

Cash grab.. i don't think so. Not one member of GNR would jump on stage in a reunion for a cash grab. To do something worthwhile (whatever that may be) would be the reason. New Album/Tour? Who knows. I'm pretty certain Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven would not reunite to play a tour of greatest hits with no writing and new album. There's too much song writing talent between them all to do that and is in part what broke up the band in the first place. Now that they've all had a chance to be creative away from each other i'd be very excited about anything new these 5 guys could put together.. If Steven isn't up to it full time then why not Matt or even Frank? If Izzy doesn't want to tour.. then there's Fortus or Gilby happy to step in.

The pieces of the jigsaw are there and one thing is for certain only Axl can put it together. Like i said the man isn't stupid and it depends on what he wants to do.

As long as all members are alive, the reunion rumors are going to persist and even if it did happen, there's going to be no shortage of complaints to go along with it.

There will never be a time when all the fans are happy, that's to be expected.