Man Died In Texas Jail, Was Denied Medication

RussTCB

you people's comments are interesting, *disgusting* & *unbelievable*. People are killed, raped, murdered, molested, beaten and abused everyday in prison and you think this is bad?

Yeah, that's disgusting too, but it's more disgusting that the prison itself wasn't giving this inmate (who was only supposed to be there for 12 days) the medication he needed, thus resulting in his death.

• Like 1

you people's comments are interesting, *disgusting* & *unbelievable*. People are killed, raped, murdered, molested, beaten and abused everyday in prison and you think this is bad?

Yeah, that's disgusting too, but it's more disgusting that the prison itself wasn't giving this inmate (who was only supposed to be there for 12 days) the medication he needed, thus resulting in his death.

Considering it is the duty of the people running the jail to provide the man all the care he needs, it is absolutely disgusting.

Wow.

Do you like it when the coloreds speed by your house doing double the speed limit and putting your grandchildren and pets in danger.

I guess you would hate me as a neighbor. I love having the police patrol my neighborhood looking for speeders.

Holy shit.... "the coloreds"?? In 2015?

Wowzers.

In case you missed it, Apollo is making fun of the fact that a few months ago Val was posting about "coloreds".
I'm dumb. My bad.

Apologies to Apollo.

Carry on everyone.

Didn't mean to derail your thread. Sorry man.

Val has made numerous racist posts in the past and I just really do find it disgusting.

I'm also from Texas, so I probably take offense to her racist posts more than most.

If this story is true then somebody needs to be held accountable. Jobs should be lost. Jail time should be served.

I wonder what the excuse of the jailers was? Thirty days for a drunk driving? I think typically your first one is three days - so their must have been more to the arrest. That doesn't make a difference in denying a man his medicine. But just shows that the story being spread might not be complete.

Bro, people are more outraged at a lion people killed than what happens on a daily bases to humans.
  • Like 1

What exactly is your point? We shouldn't be outraged by outrageous things because lots of outrageous things happen?

• Like 3

What exactly is your point? We shouldn't be outraged by outrageous things because lots of outrageous things happen?

nah, are you saying You posting on this forum is going to change that? I seen worse things posted online and

nothing was done. It's par for the course from the criminal system. Is it shocking? Yes. Is it surprising? No.

nah, are you saying You posting on this forum is going to change that? I seen worse things posted online and

nothing was done. It's par for the course from the criminal system. Is it shocking? Yes. Is it surprising? No.

So you're saying people should be more aware of how fucked up the criminal justice system is? Yeah, I think a lot of people you've called out would agree with you.

And when did I say posting on a forum would change it? You're not making any sense.

So you're saying people should be more aware of how fucked up the criminal justice system is? Yeah, I think a lot of people you've called out would agree with you.

And when did I say posting on a forum would change it? You're not making any sense.

Sorry, I was in a bad mood. I guess I'm just not shocked by Man's inhumanity to Man. People just don't care anymore.

• Like 1

Here's the thing, without knowing the facts(which the jail should provide obviously) there is no way of really knowing if he was "refused" his medication. I work in a priosn and people would be disgusted to see how many inmates abuse and refuse their own prescription medicine. Often times out of protest. "Fuck you I won't take my meds then and I'll die and you'll be blamed" is a common theme.

I have no clue what went on here and from the description the guy doesn't sound like the type who would do that BUT there is also the possibility that he was bullied into cheeking his meds to save for other inmates. We don't know. was he really refused his medication, did he fake to take them and hand them out to others, did he simply refuse his meds, who knows what happened.

The red flag though as always is the jail not willing to disclose what took place. And if they do it's going to be their side of the story and not Jesse's so..... we'll never know the full truth

The red flag though as always is the jail not willing to disclose what took place. And if they do it's going to be their side of the story and not Jesse's so..... we'll never know the full truth

And that's the thing. From what I understand, the family is basically just asking for all the info they can get so they can try to make an attempt to piece together what happened.

• Like 1

hey, you two ratchet it back, that's enough.

Prison guard is a noble profession, somebody has to do it, and Lenny, wtf man, don't degrade people for what they do to pay the bills. That's not like you.

on topic, I have an idea that's too late for the prisoner that lost his life but to the next loser about to cry racism at the hands of authority, don't go to prison, and don't act like an animal when you get pulled over by a cop.

Animals tend to get treated like animals when it's all said and done.

I have lost all respect for anyway still even defending these losers.

Couple of things:

Who's crying racism? Wanting to know what happened is crying racism?

Also, while I agree that in a perfect world no one would do things that landed them in jail, that's simply not how things work. So while someone is incarcerated, they should still expect to be given medication that they need.

Prison guard is a noble profession, somebody has to do it, and Lenny, wtf man, don't degrade people for what they do to pay the bills. That's not like you.

on topic, I have an idea that's too late for the prisoner that lost his life but to the next loser about to cry racism at the hands of authority, don't go to prison, and don't act like an animal when you get pulled over by a cop.

Couple of things:

Black Lives Matter?

Couple of things:

Black Lives Matter?

Ah, OK. That's something the attorney said in the story which should have been clarified apparently.

I left the pictures out of the post but the man who died wasn't black.

http://abc13.com/893987/

There's a link to the TV news story with his family speaking about it.

Guys, you know how I feel (and how we moderate this forum) regarding personal attacks. I apologize for removing posts that in some cases took some time to compose, but this isn't the place to lob personal attacks against one another. It just isn't.

Consider this a general warning. Any more posts the include personal attacks in this thread will result in warning points and suspensions. Fine to disagree, but please attack the point, not the person.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Guys, you know how I feel (and how we moderate this forum) regarding personal attacks. I apologize for removing posts that in some cases took some time to compose, but this isn't the place to lob personal attacks against one another. It just isn't.

Consider this a general warning. Any more posts the include personal attacks in this thread will result in warning points and suspensions. Fine to disagree, but please attack the point, not the person.

Thanks!

Bono - I believe Downzy just missed that post, it's easy done when cleaning up a thread. In no way was it meant to stand.
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Bono - I believe Downzy just missed that post, it's easy done when cleaning up a thread. In no way was it meant to stand.

Yes, my apologies if I missed something or removed a post that should have stood. Probably the busiest 72 hour period of life has just passed and I'm prone to make some errors in my weary mental state. My apologies.

Couple of things:

Black Lives Matter?

Ah, OK. That's something the attorney said in the story which should have been clarified apparently.

I left the pictures out of the post but the man who died wasn't black.

http://abc13.com/893987/

There's a link to the TV news story with his family speaking about it.

it's funny/interesting that the comments in the TV news story I posted above are mostly the "fn Texas" kind of comments.