Fargo - Season 2 // October

fargo-532178fadf836.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVNi8gUEy4

The all new “true crime” case in Fargo’s latest chapter takes you back to 1979 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Luverne, Minnesota. “Lou Solverson” (Patrick Wilson), a young State Police Officer recently back from Vietnam, investigates a case involving a local crime gang, a major mob syndicate and a small town beautician “Peggy Blumquist” (Kirsten Dunst) along with her husband “Ed” (Jesse Plemons), the local butcher’s assistant. Helping Lou piece things together is his father-in-law, “Sheriff Hank Larsson” (Ted Danson). The investigation will lead them to a colorful cast of characters that includes “Karl Weathers” (Nick Offerman), the town lawyer of Luverne, Minnesota. A Korean War vet, Karl is a flowery drunk blessed with the gift of gab and the eloquence of a true con artist. Three-time Emmy winner Brad Garrett will play “Joe Bulo,” the front man for the northern expansion of a Kansas City crime syndicate. The new face of corporate crime, Joe’s bringing a Walmart mentality to small town America. His number two is “Mike Milligan” (Bokeem Woodbine). Part enforcer, part detective, Mike is always smiling – but the joke is usually on you. Bulo and his crew have their sights set on the Gerhardt crime family in Fargo, currently led by matriarch “Floyd Gerhardt” (Jean Smart). With her husband at death’s door, Floyd takes over the family business, frustrating her eldest son, “Dodd Gerhardt” (Jeffrey Donovan). An impatient hothead with a cruel streak to match his ambitions, Dodd can’t wait for both his parents to die so he can take over and expand their business from kingdom to empire. “Bear Gerhardt” (Angus Sampson) is the middle son, an intimidatingly large man who, although inarticulate, is the most decent of his clan. “Rye Gerhardt” (Kieran Culkin), the youngest of the Gerhardt clan, views himself as a big shot, but in reality he’s just a small dog with a loud bark.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think of the Alien/UFO angle?

Doesn't seem incredibly significant so far but we'll see what happens with it.

Really enjoying this season so far. Solid cast and seems darker than the first season too. Gets pretty tense in some scenes.

I agree that it doesn't seem significant but there's still been references in every episode as of yet. But I read somewhere that there were rumours of UFO sightings in Minnesota in the 70s. maybe they're just poking fun at that.

Here's one story http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/27/fargo-val-johnson-incident

Here's a wikipedia article that has likely inspired another event in season 2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gregory_Glen_Biggs

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed the second season, almost as much as the first season. Actually felt the finale of season 2 was better than the finale in season one.

One question I have is:

Are we to believe that the native becomes Billy Bob's character in season one? In the end it shows him getting a new identity and wants drastic plastic surgery to change his appearance. Perhaps I'm asking a dumb question but I wasn't clear on this aspect.

Really enjoyed the second season, almost as much as the first season. Actually felt the finale of season 2 was better than the finale in season one.

One question I have is:

Are we to believe that the native becomes Billy Bob's character in season one? In the end it shows him getting a new identity and wants drastic plastic surgery to change his appearance. Perhaps I'm asking a dumb question but I wasn't clear on this aspect.

Nope. But Malvo kills him in season 1. He became the mafia boss called Moses Tripoli. Remember the 2 thugs in season 1, the deaf and the dark haired one? Those 2 were the 2 boys who were playing catch in the scene where Hanzee got his new identity.

Loved the second season as well as the first, couldn't say which one is better.

One question I have is:

Nope. But Malvo kills him in season 1. He became the mafia boss called Moses Tripoli. Remember the 2 thugs in season 1, the deaf and the dark haired one? Those 2 were the 2 boys who were playing catch in the scene where Hanzee got his new identity.

Loved the second season as well as the first, couldn't say which one is better.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. It had been so long since I watched the first season that I've forgotten some of the details.

(BTW, due to the spoiler nature of your answer, I edited your post just in case).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...