Did DJ and Ron leave because Axl still didnt give up on Chinese Democracy?

Did DJ and Ron leave because Axl showed no desire to work on their music, and prefered to continue work on the rest of Chinese Democracy? Did they leave because Axl still wanted to put his 2000s material out instead of scrapping it and recording new stuff with them?

We heard DJ saying all the time how he recorded a bunch of things that Axl loved, but one of the few times since 2009 when Axl actually spoke about a new album, what he said was that he wanted to release "the second part of Chinese". Literally no mention of anything with DJ or even Ron. At all.

Edited by ManetsBR

They left cause they kept on giving music to Axl, but he gave no response to them. Supposedly if Chinese 2 has already been recorded, then he could have released it in 2010 and an album in 2015 with Ron and DJ, but well we are talking about Axl Rose here.

I'm sure there was a bit of "my material is not getting a look in, I've been in the band X amount of years, and I feel like a glorified touring musician". Dj had no part on CD, so he definitely wanted to write with Axl. Ron just got to add some layers (mostly for the better too, IMO) so he definitely wanted to get in and write some music with Axl... he was very clear about wanting that.

Axl pushing forward with CD II probably wasn't a surprise to them but I bet they were pushing to get him to pull the trigger and get some sessions together with the current band so they could at least make 1 or 2 fresh songs.

Maybe just they aren't good enough. Argentina and Ballad Of Death for CDII, ughh...

What you and everyone else who say this stuff misses is that, even if either of those songs were used they would have been changed, and would sound quite far away from the finished versions Ron and Dj made by themselves. They would extra instrumentation, Axl singing, new riffs, drums, bass, new bridges, choruses.... the guys would bring in a shell of song and it would be filled out. If you think that the Argentina riff couldn't have been made into a cool new gnr song I'm surprised.

as stupid as it sounds, i'll use a simple analogy - Ashba quit GNR for some of the same reasons Zakk left Ozzy - what started as a side project got huge and could become a day job.

well, that and when you reach your forties, you don't need to piggyride your sugar daddy's back

• Like 1

I'm sure the guys would have supported a CDII and even a CDIII if they had come out by now, as long as it meant they wouldn't be discussing the possibility of maybe one day when the stars align entertaining the notion of holding a three-hour meeting to decide on a date on when they should actually get together and write a song or even an album as a band in 2015.

Im sure Ashba would have stayed if heonly contributed to 2 or 3 songs on CD, but the problem is with Axl's delaying. Ashba found a better way to put out his own music in Sixx Am.

Sixx Am was formed in 2007 and till now they have released 3 albums and 2 EP's and are working on a double album for 2016, NuGNR started in 1998/1999 and only has released ONE Album.

Edit - We are discussing the same thing over and over again in the past 5 threads which have been posted. The conclusion is that Its in Axl's hands, its his fault that we are not getting any new music, so we repeating or discussing the same thing over and over again won't do anything.

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 1

It actually makes sense. Dj said he thought of himself more as a songwriter and producer than a guitar player (or something like that). Ron kept complaining about how releasing old stuff wouldn't be "new material" and it seems that, even after all these years, they never sat in a room together and wrote stuff...

On the other hand, everything Axl has said about new material is releasing CD II, which would in fact be old stuff with maybe new solos and guitars recorded by Dj and Ron. But that's not what they think they are in the band for...

If Frank says there is a plan in motion (which I highly doubt), that probably would be releasing CD II, which Axl already said is going to be the next release.

If we put it all together it makes sense, specially since Ron and Dj both have more creative freedom in their other projects

Ron wasn't butt hurt. He was physically unable to perform but forced to due to contract. I don't think it is something that he will ever forgive or forget. He was the nicest member of the band during his tenure in regards to the fans.

Agreed. Its very easy to call Ron "butthurt" because he left. Guys, you dont have to buy Axl's "battles", you know?

Did DJ and Ron leave because Axl showed no desire to work on their music, and prefered to continue work on the rest of Chinese Democracy? Did they leave because Axl still wanted to put his 2000s material out instead of scrapping it and recording new stuff with them?

We heard DJ saying all the time how he recorded a bunch of things that Axl loved, but one of the few times since 2009 when Axl actually spoke about a new album, what he said was that he wanted to release "the second part of Chinese". Literally no mention of anything with DJ or even Ron. At all.

DJ and Ron left because:

a. They have gotten all the exposure they want/need

b. They want to create new music

c. They were playing the same covers all night

d. They were fed up being in a band that's a dictatorship instead of being equals

e. All of the above

Place your bets, kids!

Edited by username

Ron's contributions are supposed to be on unreleased songs too, aren't they? I recall someone saying he played the solo in Atlas Lol'd. I could be wrong tho. So, Ron was so pissed off that even with contributions made to songs he decided to leave anyway. Why? Because if it's obvious Axl is done for most of us, imagine for him who hung out with him some months of the year.

I don't think Axl ever let DJ touch any of the unreleased songs so yeah, I'd say DJ left because he saw crystal clear that Axl wanted him to cover other people's music. Ron's case may be more complicated.

Bottom line is: Axl fucked up. Since day one. I guess the guy just hates guitar players. Maybe he has fun screwing with them, childish revenge thing.

I just want the circus to continue. Hopefully the next guitar player is even worse than DJ, maybe some guy from the Emo era? That would be full of integrity. Please Axl, keep whatever you're doing and tour again soon. This place needs new jokes.

Maybe Axl didn't feel like using Ashba's or Bumblefoots material, so they got butthurt and left.

Not sure if "butthurt" is the correct term here. But now that they are Axl's enemies I understand the tone of your post.

Hardly doubt they are enemies now but I could say if anything or everything is not to your taste with Guns N' Roses just blame Axl like you guys always do, listen to the mid 90's breakup stories of Duff & Slash and there little chiwawa Sorum and it's all Axl's fault. It's probably Axl's fault Duff's pancreas exploded all over his bed or Sorum could stop putting powder into his nose & Slash couldn't help sniffing heroin & injecting it..yeah it's all Axl's fault. Hired guns left, blame Axl, people leave there jobs everyday but just because it's Guns N' Roses it's Axl's fault.

• Like 1

I dont know if Ron has a solo on Atlas Shrugged, but if Axl erased Brian May's work to add Ron's shredding AGAIN Ill be pissed. Theres literally nothing I could about it, but Id still be pissed.

Maybe with Ron gone Axl wont feel like he has to add some of his parts to the album for him to feel part of the band - Im assuming thats what he did, cus its honestly the only plausable explanation to what happened to Catcher In The Rye that I can think of.

I dont know if Ron has a solo on Atlas Shrugged, but if Axl erased Brian May's work to add Ron's shredding AGAIN Ill be pissed. Theres literally nothing I could about it, but Id still be pissed.

Maybe with Ron gone Axl wont feel like he has to add some of his parts to the album for him to feel part of the band - Im assuming thats what he did, cus its honestly the only plausable explanation to what happened to Catcher In The Rye that I can think of.

The thing is that if it is ever released, we will never know since the Brian May's version never leaked.

Maybe Axl didn't feel like using Ashba's or Bumblefoots material, so they got butthurt and left.

Not sure if "butthurt" is the correct term here. But now that they are Axl's enemies I understand the tone of your post.
Hardly doubt they are enemies now but I could say if anything or everything is not to your taste with Guns N' Roses just blame Axl like you guys always do, listen to the mid 90's breakup stories of Duff & Slash and there little chiwawa Sorum and it's all Axl's fault. It's probably Axl's fault Duff's pancreas exploded all over his bed or Sorum could stop putting powder into his nose & Slash couldn't help sniffing heroin & injecting it..yeah it's all Axl's fault. Hired guns left, blame Axl, people leave there jobs everyday but just because it's Guns N' Roses it's Axl's fault.
Truth is the truth hurts.

Truth is the truth hurts.

Don't you agree?