Axl Rose / Gilby Clarke club jam video?

I don't think so there is a video, but I was always curios that how did they meet each other in 2000? they just bumped in to each other? cause I think Axl wouldn't have talked to Gilby after he was fired.

I'm trying to remember seeing a video. I wasn't there but I remember it being off-key, so maybe there was video or audio. Anyway, Axl ended up at the club because he was pretty drunk and was chasing a girl from the concert they all came from. I think he just got caught up in the moment.

OK, so all this proves is Gilby is awesome and chill as fuck. Nothing I didn't already know, but just shows that he's just as cool today as the other former Guns members. This video shows why he's a perfect fit as a GNR replacement. He doesn't sugarcoat things and will be honest, but he's very agreeable and fun to be around. There's no downsides or bullshit with him. I'm happy whenever I see he isn't rewritten out of GNR history, cause his presence is important, or at least admirable. Always really liked the guy.

I think Gilby is great, too, but he was just telling the truth here, really couldn't have been spun any other way. Gilby and Axl never had words, him being out of the band was a musical direction thing (and a Slash camp thing) and the lawsuit was just a business thing, the band wasn't taking care of business.

Axl probably didn't know or think about Gilby being at the club, he just wanted to carry on partying after a backstage bash at the Roger Waters show -- where I'm sure he also was running into people he knew. (He was backstage sitting at a table with a small group, but he didn't arrive with an entourage). He ended up hopping into a limo with a couple of girls and heading to the Cat Club with them. Gilby didn't even recognize him. (Nobody did. One girl finally lifted up his sleeve to check his tattoos). Somebody said Axl was in the club (which is the size of a postage stamp, but it's long and narrow) so Gilby went to check it out. He got close and he still didn't think it was him until Axl turned around and said 'hiya Gilby', chipper as all get out. (That was the alcohol, lol!) He was sitting at the bar close to the band and was definitely into the music, again a party thing.

Edited by snooze72
  • Like 1

I think Gilby is great, too, but he was just telling the truth here, really couldn't have been spun any other way. Gilby and Axl never had words, him being out of the band was a musical direction thing (and a Slash camp thing) and the lawsuit was just a business thing, the band wasn't taking care of business.

Axl probably didn't know or think about Gilby being at the club, he just wanted to carry on partying after a backstage bash at the Roger Waters show -- where I'm sure he also was running into people he knew. (He was backstage sitting at a table with a small group, but he didn't arrive with an entourage). He ended up hopping into a limo with a couple of girls and heading to the Cat Club with them. Gilby didn't even recognize him. (Nobody did. One girl finally lifted up his sleeve to check his tattoos). Somebody said Axl was in the club (which is the size of a postage stamp, but it's long and narrow) so Gilby went to check it out. He got close and he still didn't think it was him until Axl turned around and said 'hi Gilby', chipper as all get out. (That was the alcohol, lol!) He was sitting at the bar close to the band and was definitely into the music, again a party thing.

I love hearing behind-the-scenes shit like this. Thanks!!