Dear Fermanager,

Is it just me, or has (magisme) vanished? #Starstruck possibly? I know I am a big deal and all.

I just don't understand, all of the pointless posts... when I heed the call, he heeds the closet.

Oh man, he's likely posting a book and actually expects me to read it all. I hope someone will send me cliffs notes.

He may have fainted :) magisme gtfo of the closet

Fernando,it'd be awesome if at each gig ,GNR had some type of online fan voting for people to pick from some lesser known/played songs and the winning song is played at that show. The Rolling Stones did something similar this tour and I believe Metallica does as well. Maybe there could even be a write-in vote for us remaining nerds who have been waiting 25 years to hear Coma.

• Like 1

Fernando,it'd be awesome if at each gig ,GNR had some type of online fan voting for people to pick from some lesser known/played songs and the winning song is played at that show. The Rolling Stones did something similar this tour and I believe Metallica does as well. Maybe there could even be a write-in vote for us remaining nerds who have been waiting 25 years to hear Coma.

This is a good idea, but the problem Metallica often ran into was that you ended up with people voting for a lot of setlist staples. I think the Stones handled it better out of the two, by having a "fan slot" where there's more likelihood of a deep cut being chosen.

Now that Magisme is gone and we lack futher entertainment:

<GIF deleted>

ohh shit, off topic!

<edit: I have to censor myself really. This flashy GIF is driving me nuts :blink:>

Edited by Ender04

This is a good idea, but the problem Metallica often ran into was that you ended up with people voting for a lot of setlist staples. I think the Stones handled it better out of the two, by having a "fan slot" where there's more likelihood of a deep cut being chosen.

Yeah it'd be kinda pointless to vote for SCOM or WTTJ etc since they'll pretty much always be played. No matter what ,SOMEONE will complain but I think the Forums would explode if Dead Horse,Coma etc.were played.

• Like 1

I know you can't answer "specific" questions about Axl/music.

But as a fan of Axl's music..........and has the manager of the band GnR.............can you at least appreciate (acknowledge) that you understand why so many of Axl's die-hard fans are frustrated? Since he took control of the name, he has only released one album of music. And that album was seven years ago, with no news of a new one in the future. Combined with Beta and Axl (and others) talking about 24-40 songs being worked on (a decade ago) and then last year Axl saying that GnR had two albums in the can. GnR members keep talking about ALL this music being worked on and finished - but the band has released one album in the past 20 years.

I only ask the question as what fans see from you guys is the famous "complaints complaints complaints" quote and feel like you guys don't understand or care what we think.

Do you guys at least understand why Axl's passionate and die-hard life-long fans are so frustrated with his lack of musical output?

(And seriously, all the haters/racism/complaints would disappear by probably 95% if you guys just occasionally reached out to the fans with updates or just to chat - like you are doing the last two days - and if Axl shared more music with his fans than one album every 20 years).

Thanks for taking the time to come on the board, it is appreciated more than you could probably guess.

Also - what is Axl's favorite thing to personally cook?

If he was having all the camp over for dinner and MMA fights or to watch the NBA finals, and Axl decided to man the kitchen......what is his secret weapon from the kitchen?

Edited by Apollo

Ughh... am I the only one cringing at how nicey-nice all of this is? Is this a GNR board or a fucking One Direction board? If Fernando ain't got nothing of value to say what is he even doing here other than getting his ego massaged being a celebrity on a message board?

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

Ughh... am I the only one cringing at how nicey-nice all of this is? Is this a GNR board or a fucking One Direction board? If Fernando ain't got nothing of value to say what is he even doing here other than getting his ego massaged being a celebrity on a message board?

Then leave? I'd hardly say he's getting his ego massaged. Most of this has been lighthearted so far, and is it that crazy to want people to be somewhat respectful to a member of the GnR camp if they come here? Ya know, that's a big reason why they DON'T come here. It's a big step in the right direction for the fans and the band if we as a forum can work on rebuilding a relationship with the band so much of us love to hate on.

• Like 3

Is it just me, or has (magisme) vanished? #Starstruck possibly? I know I am a big deal and all.

I just don't understand, all of the pointless posts... when I heed the call, he heeds the closet.

Oh man, he's likely posting a book and actually expects me to read it all. I hope someone will send me cliffs notes.

I never liked magisme but he somehow brought you here with news..

• Like 1

Then leave? I'd hardly say he's getting his ego massaged. Most of this has been lighthearted so far, and is it that crazy to want people to be somewhat respectful to a member of the GnR camp if they come here? Ya know, that's a big reason why they DON'T come here. It's a big step in the right direction for the fans and the band if we as a forum can work on rebuilding a relationship with the band so much of us love to hate on.

But it isn't real is it? Half of the people sucking up to him in this thread do nothing but rag on GNR and Chinese Democracy day in, day out. Then Fernando shows up, with no interest in discussing anything to do with the band and all of a sudden it's pixies and rainbows in the GNR online fan community. If 20 pages of jokes about virtual hugs does it for you then fine, but I'm here to discuss Guns N Roses, y'know, that rock band that used to kick ass?

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

I would say that Fernando, and he can correct me if I am wrong... Is not only working for them but a fan, why can't he come and shoot the shit with us? Why is he here? Because he wants to be. Nothing at all wrong with that IMO

Besides magisme is his brotha from anotha motha and brought him here

Good to hear that Guns ARE doing something, Fernando told you this, who else did?

• Like 1

I would say that Fernando, and he can correct me if I am wrong... Is not only working for them but a fan, why can't he come and shoot the shit with us? Why is he here? Because he wants to be. Nothing at all wrong with that IMO

Good to hear that Guns ARE doing something, Fernando told you this, who else did?

This.

If you don't like the Fernando thread, don't click on it. Simple as that. No need to stop by just to post how much better you are than a thread you're reading and posting in.

• Like 2

But it isn't real is it? Half of the people sucking up to him in this thread do nothing but rag on GNR and Chinese Democracy day in, day out. The Fernando shows up, with no interest in discussing anything to do with the band and all of a sudden it's pixies and rainbows in the GNR online fan community. If 20 pages of jokes about virtual hugs does it for you then fine, but I'm here to discuss Guns N Roses.

And it's been discussed about why he probably can't divulge anything substantial. No offense to Fernando, but you really think he's going to come onto a forum with members who love to bash him and anyone else in relation to the band, in a thread that was somewhat made as a joke, and actually tell us what GnR's next big plans for the future are? No, of course not. He said to expect news in a few months, likely (and hopefully) when things and everyone else is ready for whatever that news may be. Aside from that, he's responded two a few other questions here and there, but if anyone expects him to talk to us about what Axl's doing in regards to new music and what the band plans on doing next year, they're crazy. Can't you take it for what it is and see that one of the members of management coming to the board and posting in general is a good sign?

• Like 2

But it isn't real is it? Half of the people sucking up to him in this thread do nothing but rag on GNR and Chinese Democracy day in, day out. Then Fernando shows up, with no interest in discussing anything to do with the band and all of a sudden it's pixies and rainbows in the GNR online fan community. If 20 pages of jokes about virtual hugs does it for you then fine, but I'm here to discuss Guns N Roses, y'know, that rock band that used to kick ass?

Fernando stated early on that there won't be news for a few months, yes that's a little disappointing however if he finds he actually enjoys posting here then we are more likely to get early dibs when there is something that can be said. Alternatively we can be rude and he won't bother again.

The reason there's nearly 100 people viewing this thread is because they want to read something relating to the band. Of course Fernando does not need my permission to shoot the shit, but lets not pretend the rest of us aren't here for one reason and one reason only: the status of GNR and new music.

If you're not satisfied with the revelation that news will be shared in a few months as to what's going on with the band, then I'm not sure what else to tell you. By your logic Fernando shouldn't post here because he can't provide us everything we want to know. Sure, voice your displeasure about it, but it's not going to change anything. This is meant to be a casual conversation amongst fans and a member of GNR management. Perhaps if we're respectful Fernando will come back when there's actual news to expand upon.

Let's read between the lines: would a member of GNR management be posting in a GNR fan-forum if the band/Axl didn't have something planned down the road? If GNR was done with nothing on the horizon I'm sure such news would be forthcoming.

• Like 2

I

But it isn't real is it? Half of the people sucking up to him in this thread do nothing but rag on GNR and Chinese Democracy day in, day out. The Fernando shows up, with no interest in discussing anything to do with the band and all of a sudden it's pixies and rainbows in the GNR online fan community. If 20 pages of jokes about virtual hugs does it for you then fine, but I'm here to discuss Guns N Roses.

And it's been discussed about why he probably can't divulge anything substantial. No offense to Fernando, but you really think he's going to come onto a forum with members who love to bash him and anyone else in relation to the band, in a thread that was somewhat made as a joke, and actually tell us what GnR's next big plans for the future are? No, of course not. He said to expect news in a few months, likely (and hopefully) when things and everyone else is ready for whatever that news may be. Aside from that, he's responded two a few other questions here and there, but if anyone expects him to talk to us about what Axl's doing in regards to new music and what the band plans on doing next year, they're crazy. Can't you take it for what it is and see that one of the members of management coming to the board and posting in general is a good sign?

Take out the hat man. He's the GNR manager, he can talk about Axl and new music if he want to.

The reason there's nearly 100 people viewing this thread is because they want to read something relating to the band. Of course Fernando does not need my permission to shoot the shit, but lets not pretend the rest of us aren't here for one reason and one reason only: the status of GNR and new music.

If that's your reason, then best move along. Accept the reality of the situation and enjoy what we have here or do not. If you choose the latter, then try posting in another thread.

• Like 2