Dear Fermanager,

Ughh... am I the only one cringing at how nicey-nice all of this is? Is this a GNR board or a fucking One Direction board? If Fernando ain't got nothing of value to say what is he even doing here other than getting his ego massaged being a celebrity on a message board?

Then leave? I'd hardly say he's getting his ego massaged. Most of this has been lighthearted so far, and is it that crazy to want people to be somewhat respectful to a member of the GnR camp if they come here? Ya know, that's a big reason why they DON'T come here. It's a big step in the right direction for the fans and the band if we as a forum can work on rebuilding a relationship with the band so much of us love to hate on.

But it isn't real is it? Half of the people sucking up to him in this thread do nothing but rag on GNR and Chinese Democracy day in, day out. The Fernando shows up, with no interest in discussing anything to do with the band and all of a sudden it's pixies and rainbows in the GNR online fan community. If 20 pages of jokes about virtual hugs does it for you then fine, but I'm here to discuss Guns N Roses.

And it's been discussed about why he probably can't divulge anything substantial. No offense to Fernando, but you really think he's going to come onto a forum with members who love to bash him and anyone else in relation to the band, in a thread that was somewhat made as a joke, and actually tell us what GnR's next big plans for the future are? No, of course not. He said to expect news in a few months, likely (and hopefully) when things and everyone else is ready for whatever that news may be. Aside from that, he's responded two a few other questions here and there, but if anyone expects him to talk to us about what Axl's doing in regards to new music and what the band plans on doing next year, they're crazy. Can't you take it for what it is and see that one of the members of management coming to the board and posting in general is a good sign?

That's cool and I'm not expecting Fernando to divulge any major exclusives on a GNR message board. I understand that's now how major bands work etc, but at least can't we talk about the actual band? There's been loads of really interesting questions asked so far in this thread. Just share something with the fans, some interesting anecdotes from the road, his own personal feelings on Chinese Democracy, his favourite lineups, Slash's solo music... whatever.... just something relating to Guns N Fucking Roses. Don't mean to be a dick about it, but isn't this why we're all here?

Fernando,it'd be awesome if at each gig ,GNR had some type of online fan voting for people to pick from some lesser known/played songs and the winning song is played at that show. The Rolling Stones did something similar this tour and I believe Metallica does as well. Maybe there could even be a write-in vote for us remaining nerds who have been waiting 25 years to hear Coma.

This is a good idea, but you have to remind me when we tour again.

This is something that many of us would LOVE! Songs like Coma, Yesterdays, Locomotive etc, would get a huge amount of votes from the fan base.

• Like 1

Fernando,it'd be awesome if at each gig ,GNR had some type of online fan voting for people to pick from some lesser known/played songs and the winning song is played at that show. The Rolling Stones did something similar this tour and I believe Metallica does as well. Maybe there could even be a write-in vote for us remaining nerds who have been waiting 25 years to hear Coma.

Quoting you on this one, Fernando! ;)

• Like 1

Will do! Little things like this go a long way in appeasing the hardcore fan base.

• Like 1

Hiya Fernando,

Pleased to meet you. I must admit that unlike most people here, I don't really know the ins and outs of GN'R management (I mean, look at my post count...), but it's very nice of you to stop by, and you seem very friendly.

Could I suggest *hugs* rather than (Fernando), though? :P I like *hugs*.

As for my GN'R related question - is Dijon a he or a she? Beautiful feline.

I think Fernando may have played a big role in arranging those live stream concerts a few years back. That was an awesome idea that seemed to go fairly well, please consider doing that again if/when GNR tours again.

Now THAT was cool. I thought that was a step in the right direction, in terms of the things I'd like to see this band do.

• Like 1

Ughh... am I the only one cringing at how nicey-nice all of this is? Is this a GNR board or a fucking One Direction board? If Fernando ain't got nothing of value to say what is he even doing here other than getting his ego massaged being a celebrity on a message board?

Then leave? I'd hardly say he's getting his ego massaged. Most of this has been lighthearted so far, and is it that crazy to want people to be somewhat respectful to a member of the GnR camp if they come here? Ya know, that's a big reason why they DON'T come here. It's a big step in the right direction for the fans and the band if we as a forum can work on rebuilding a relationship with the band so much of us love to hate on.

But it isn't real is it? Half of the people sucking up to him in this thread do nothing but rag on GNR and Chinese Democracy day in, day out. The Fernando shows up, with no interest in discussing anything to do with the band and all of a sudden it's pixies and rainbows in the GNR online fan community. If 20 pages of jokes about virtual hugs does it for you then fine, but I'm here to discuss Guns N Roses.

And it's been discussed about why he probably can't divulge anything substantial. No offense to Fernando, but you really think he's going to come onto a forum with members who love to bash him and anyone else in relation to the band, in a thread that was somewhat made as a joke, and actually tell us what GnR's next big plans for the future are? No, of course not. He said to expect news in a few months, likely (and hopefully) when things and everyone else is ready for whatever that news may be. Aside from that, he's responded two a few other questions here and there, but if anyone expects him to talk to us about what Axl's doing in regards to new music and what the band plans on doing next year, they're crazy. Can't you take it for what it is and see that one of the members of management coming to the board and posting in general is a good sign?

That's cool and I'm not expecting Fernando to divulge any major exclusives on a GNR message board. I understand that's now how major bands work etc, but at least can't we talk about the actual band? There's been loads of really interesting questions asked so far in this thread. Just share something with the fans, some interesting anecdotes from the road, his own personal feelings on Chinese Democracy, his favourite lineups, Slash's solo music... whatever.... just something relating to Guns N Fucking Roses. Don't mean to be a dick about it, but isn't this why we're all here?

Feel free to post any and all questions (though, keep 'em respectful). At the same time Fernando is free to answer or not answer them. That's how this works. Sure, we'd all love for more GNR related notes from him, but that's not really what this conversation is all about.

I think Fernando may have played a big role in arranging those live stream concerts a few years back. That was an awesome idea that seemed to go fairly well, please consider doing that again if/when GNR tours again.

This, great times staying late at night to watch the streams from the other part of the globe.

Bridge School 2016?

Since we are just having a conversation, I know I saw it asked earlier, but seriously how's the weather been in SoCal? Any fears about the recent drought? I know there have been wild fires up north and obviously you guys are no stranger to that. Kinda scary times. I know it's 105 in my part of the country so it seems to be hot everywhere.

Hope you guys stay safe and keep cool. Thanks for stopping in to chat! It means a lot to us that check the boards everyday.

To be fair, shooting the shit is usually after you've got the big issues out of the way. At least that's how 99% of other bands interact with their fanbase. But I understand that things work backwards in gnr land most of the time. Must tread lightly and be careful to not scare them off.

But it's no secret that members in all of the user groups have mocked the 3 hour meetings and etc. why not just be real and squash the beef and move forward. This is foreplay with no sex. Lol

Edited by Rustycage

At the end of the day guys,as supportive/vocal as we can be,we are a small number of the overall GnR fan base. We aren't the ones who need convincing to buy the next album or to attend the shows. When GnR posts a social media update and the responses say " Where is Slash?" or " Where's the new album?" those are the people who will need to be convinced. If someone has hundreds if not thousands of posts and doesn't plan to buy the next album or attend shows (unless it's for financial reasons) then it seems like a big waste of time to post on here so much though I do understand there are many "old-school" fans here waiting for a reunion.

Fernando probably gets requests from Rolling Stone and similar publications for information on GnR. It'd make sense that they'd get it first for maximum impact/coverage and then we'd discuss it from there. No adult could possibly expect Fernando to come on here and answer personal questions about GnR plans that may change over time anyway. Take it for what it is. A guy with a good sense of humor,coming to shoot the shit with some of GnR's most hardcore fans.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Ok so my suggestion would be to do more live streams of the audio from concerts. I think Vegas 2012 we got one on Sirius Xm with ozzy's channel. It was really cool to be getting the show live on radio while it was happening. Hopefully you guys can partner up with a company and make that happen again when the band hits the road.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Oh look towlie, Fernando doesn't talk about GNR *sigh*

On topic... Would be cool even for a few gigs to allow voting or some sort of fan interaction regarding setlist, the shows I'm attending of course!

I do have a question that has nothing to do with Guns though...

How does it feel being an uncle?

Edited by gunsguy

I am truly sorry that my timing and choices of discussion doesn't please your needs and wants. I am here and there, can't really read everything being posted and when a questions that is quite funny comes up between your posts I can choose to answer it. However you keep going on and on about shit that won't really add up to anything. You said your piece, it has been noted. Why do you continue to bait further arguments? Just let that shit go, yo.

So, let's see - I met Carime Lobo during the last RIR; and am expecting my first daughter due in a month, so that as to be my most memorable show. There has been so many great ones, hard to even remember some.

Chinese, I suppose I am biased; as I was there since day one and went through the entire process of the album; I love every second of it. Every line up is great.

• Like 2

Chinese, I suppose I am biased; as I was there since day one and went through the entire process of the album; I love every second of it. Every line up is great.

Sorry for the double post on this, but the subject is really close to my heart lol:

Any chance of ever getting a (proper) <-not a hug re-pressing of Chinese Democracy on vinyl?

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post on this, but the subject is really close to my heart lol:

Any chance of ever getting a (proper) <-not a hug re-pressing of Chinese Democracy on vinyl?

Would love this myself

• Like 1

What's the best tasting dish that Axl personally cooks?

I know you can't answer "specific" questions about Axl/music.

But as a fan of Axl's music..........and has the manager of the band GnR.............can you at least appreciate (acknowledge) that you understand why so many of Axl's die-hard fans are frustrated? Since he took control of the name, he has only released one album of music. And that album was seven years ago, with no news of a new one in the future. Combined with Beta and Axl (and others) talking about 24-40 songs being worked on (a decade ago) and then last year Axl saying that GnR had two albums in the can. GnR members keep talking about ALL this music being worked on and finished - but the band has released one album in the past 20 years.

I only ask the question as what fans see from you guys is the famous "complaints complaints complaints" quote and feel like you guys don't understand or care what we think.

Do you guys at least understand why Axl's passionate and die-hard life-long fans are so frustrated with his lack of musical output?

(And seriously, all the haters/racism/complaints would disappear by probably 95% if you guys just occasionally reached out to the fans with updates or just to chat - like you are doing the last two days - and if Axl shared more music with his fans than one album every 20 years).

Thanks for taking the time to come on the board, it is appreciated more than you could probably guess.

I am truly sorry that my timing and choices of discussion doesn't please your needs and wants. I am here and there, can't really read everything being posted and when a questions that is quite funny comes up between your posts I can choose to answer it. However you keep going on and on about shit that won't really add up to anything. You said your piece, it has been noted. Why do you continue to bait further arguments? Just let that shit go, yo.

So, let's see - I met Carime Lobo during the last RIR; and am expecting my first daughter due in a month, so that as to be my most memorable show. There has been so many great ones, hard to even remember some.

Hey, that's cool. Thanks for answering. I just wanna talk about the fucking band, y'know?

How about top 3 songs on CD?

I saw the coveted bear-shaped honey backstage at Buenos Aires 2014. Nightrain competition to win one used bear-shaped honey from a GNR tour?

In terms of a new album, a well-made limited edition with extensive liner notes and/or a making-of documentary would be awesome. The Europe-only ChiDem box was a bit rubbish, even as a hardcore fan who owns all the albums I had to pass up on just a belt buckle and a bandana. Even had to pass on Daft Punk's Random Access Memories limited edition boxset, even though that's one of my favourite albums the extras were disappointing, ended up just downloading it off iTunes.