Dear Fermanager,

Did Axl have a vocal surgery between 2010 and 2011? his voice was noticeably different from 2011 right through to 2014. He got it back for the end of Vegas '14 and sounded much closer to his old self. Was there a surgery, did he push it too hard in 2010 - was there a reason for his change in singing voice.

We know he got older, and time changes singers ranges but what happened to Axls voice was something different than just ageing vocal chords. Probably can't answer everything there, but I know that it's a hot topic around this forum and just about every other GnR forum.

Hold On, are you saying the Fernandi guy himself is ACTUALLY communicating with us?!!!!! I'm about to get in the shower, and if he's actually around here you can damn well KNOW what I'll be thinking about in there!

Hey Ferdy, is Axl like, the nicest guy in real life? Also how much is in these "vaults"? Cause I keep telling people there's nothing but then I keep thinking maybe he fills it with farts. Its like a fart vault. So like, you keep farting into the room for YEARS, and then one day you lead someone in there and it smells like fucking DEATH. Thats a great practical joke, and Axl seems like the jokester practical. Would be great to pull on someone. Maybe Slash? But now I'm just thinking out loud.

Anyway Ferdy, I wish you the best of luck with all your endeavors, you have two days, we're all counting on you.

Sincerely Ralph Saenz

Don't have much to ask that you'd be able to reveal so I just wanted to thank you for stopping in.

If you're serious about interacting more with us (pain in the ass) fans you're making a good start. Can't argue with that :)

And on the subject of "pro-shots", is there any specific reason they can't be released? Just contractual (label) reasons?

The reason there's nearly 100 people viewing this thread is because they want to read something relating to the band. Of course Fernando does not need my permission to shoot the shit, but lets not pretend the rest of us aren't here for one reason and one reason only: the status of GNR and new music.

I am here for the hilarious comments from forum members myself.

Though I have found Fernando is holding his own pretty well. Not overly well, but pretty well. He needs more practice and should come around more often.

(and accidentally let stuff slip without realizing it)

Seems fairly clear he doesn't want, or isn't authorized, to say too much about GNR stuff right now. I mean, when someone says there will be news in a few months, that generally means they aren't going to provide news 5 minutes later.

It is true that years pass for this band, like months pass for normal bands, which leads to frustration on the part of the fanbase. But that's not Fernando's fault.

It's still very cool that he dropped in to say hello, and hopefully he will return for more abuse friendly chit-chat.

(at which point we can try to hypnotize him into talking about CD2).

The racist thing is absolute bollocks. I mean it is defeated instantly by the simple fact that 'Brazilian' is not a 'race'!! Brazil consists of a conglomerate of races, Western-European, African, Mezoamerican, et al. Absolute cock and balls. How can you be racist towards Brazil when there is no such thing as a Brazilian race haha? Nobody has ever been racist towards this so called 'Brazilian' race.

Edited by downzy
Removed insulting and inflammatory content
  • Like 2

I" know all too much about information going a long way. Especially when nothing has been given, apologies. Do expect some news from GNR and what we are working on in a few months. All I can really say. Though, it says nothing; but hopefully it's something."

Thank you Fernadno for coming to the forum to clear up some of the GNR confusion.

I understand that this is all the information that can be released now (apparently the other posters do not)

I am a huge GNR fan and am glad to hear that they will play again. Maybe the rest of the people can take that info and get on with their lives. I'll come back here in a couple months and check on whats new.

In the mean time I got plenty of music to listen to, but can't wait for some more GNR.

Now I have to ask you a serious of dumb questions….J/K

1. Is the next album a country cross over?

2. Slash….blah blah blah?

3. Axl voice..blah blah blah?

4. Albulm blah blah?

5. 2 or 3 guitarists blah blah blah?

PS: Is Axl available to play my wedding?

Edited by jaimeson

The racist thing is absolute bollocks. I mean it is defeated instantly by the simple fact that 'Brazilian' is not a 'race'!! Brazil consists of a conglomerate of races, Western-European, African, Mezoamerican, et al. Absolute cock and balls. How can you be racist towards Brazil when there is no such thing as a Brazilian race haha? Nobody has ever been racist towards this so called 'Brazilian' race.

Some people use the terms racism and discrimination interchangeably. My bet is that Fernando meant discrimination and not so much racism, since you're correct in that there is no such thing as a Brazilian race (though they do produce some very attractive women :P).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies for removing certain posts that likely required a fair amount of time by the authors.

At this point many of the same points have been made numerous times. I'd ask that we stay clear of ground that has already been covered or issues/frustrations that have been either posed or addressed. Let's not bog this thread down by repeating the same things over and over again.

I" know all too much about information going a long way. Especially when nothing has been given, apologies. Do expect some news from GNR and what we are working on in a few months. All I can really say. Though, it says nothing; but hopefully it's something."

Thank you Fernadno for coming to the forum to clear up some of the GNR confusion.

I understand that this is all the information that can be released now (apparently the other posters do not)

I am a huge GNR fan and am glad to hear that they will play again. Maybe the rest of the people can take that info and get on with their lives. I'll come back here in a couple months and check on whats new.

In the mean time I got plenty of music to listen to, but can't wait for some more GNR.

Now I have to ask you a serious of dumb questions….J/K

1. Is the next album a country cross over?

2. Slash….blah blah blah?

3. Axl voice..blah blah blah?

4. Albulm blah blah?

5. 2 or 3 guitarists blah blah blah?

PS: Is Axl available to play my wedding?

0/10 post. Would not read again.

• Like 3

I haven't seen any pro shots of SJ, there has been so many tours, shows recorded that I wish there was a way to make it available.

Explain why you can't make live shows available. You just admitted they are all recorded.

How about an official "Live Era 2000-2014" album that includes tracks from multiple shows? That would be fantastic.

I thought the question about Axl ever releasing an autobiography was a fair question. :shrugs:

Might be something he has no idea about? :shrugs:

That's a possibility, or perhaps he came on here just to say hello and become bro-mates with Magisme... :wub:

There have been many reasonable questions asked, but again, I'm not sure Fernando's motivation for participating in this forum is to answer every question asked of him.

We're you guys contacted by the studio making "straight outta Compton"? I know Ice Cube said one of the big moments when they realized they made it was when Axl was wearing the N.W.A. Hat in live and let die video. Obviously it is a long shot this moment makes it in the movie but it would be a cool thing to include.

I imagine if they wanted to include this they would talk to you guys first.

Another thing. On the Howard Stern show a couple years ago they said AXL was suppose to do a TV interview, radio and print. He did Kimmel, Usa today I think and the third was suppose to be Stern. Any reason you guys decided to not go through with that? I would love to see an Axl interview on Stern! So hopefully there's a chance in the future.

Holy shit, it's the man, the myth, the legend. I am a huge fan of your work, your insightful posts are...

Obviously the most important question asked...... Why the parenthesis?! Shit man, that's a cyber hug. A person of your caliber in the world of the interwebz didn't catch that? Maybe too busy thinking of a put down, or reading too much into what could of been, when the answer was the most obvious.

The forum and TB; man where to start... hatred, racism, idiocy, stubbornness, toxicity, etc... However, why should the most suffer due to the few? Because it's the few that posts the most. It's a never ending cycle! It's a mad mad world. Shit man, I would love to keep it classy, fun and I am the first to make a joke or laugh at one. Not usually at my expense and/or due to extremely vile content found in almost every thread. Please don't take this as a generalization of the entire forum. Just most of the threads I read here consists of usually at least one major put down; get sooooo old. Maybe baiting for Dexter to return? Who knows...

What about when Axl was paying the idiot that owned the site before he sold for all hosting charges for over a year, and whatever else he had asked. As to not have mygnr.com go away? We have done quite a lot for this community, to be chastised by the few doesn't really sound like "Come back soon." Shit I was banned from this forum for years, and apparently as of recently I was able to return by creating a new account. So yeah; maybe that shines some light on where things have gone wrong. But never too late to rebuild, refresh.

Fermanager came from a Tommy's bass tech(Dan Gruff and Hernan V), then carried on by another friend of mine that passed away. So it stuck, however Axl calls me Damager; which surely some or most of you will get a laugh, and the few will make it something personally abusive. However, it's all in good humor on our end of things.

As for the letter, I do not recall when it was sent to me, or given to me. I will have to ask Jarmo. I believe it was during a tour if I am not mistaken, which I usually am. (That was a joke at my expense) <-- This is not a cyber hug. I do recall that the questions were pretty intense; and/or questions that I had RS, SPIN and other publications asking me. Send them over again, I would like to refresh my memory.

I find it more welcoming to chat at htgth, because I love Jarmo and the people there in which are here as well keep it within reason. I would love to open up and tell you everything, but doesn't work like that. My bad. Can we hashtag that? #mybad

3 Hour meeting, wasn't I in Ibiza when I posted that? Or was that the "my office" for the day? The desperation of wanting something more supersedes common sense with some. I feel bad and by the time I am aware of what's going on; it's too late and the damage is already done.

I do read some of the things you guys say and some are really good ideas. I do write them down and take credit for them. :thumbsup: But in all seriousness, some of your ideas are really good, some are common sense and others are just like "whoa"?

I am sorry I can't comment on GNR's current status. But #Soon

As for GNR's social presence, maybe we could do something together.

I hope that this can be the building blocks to something great. Although, surely someone will ruin it and then we can try again after 2 more guitarists quit. (Another joke) <--- yes, not a hug.

Okay, I am off to enjoy my title and position in this great organization. Where I do nothing, say nothing and deal with nothing.

(magisme) <--hug :wub:

Is there a way to ignore posters as a whole on this forum? Because if I was able to remove their comments from my browsing I feel we would be way more driven to stop by.

I printed your post in 38 font and taped it to the ceiling in my bedroom. I've read it in excess of a hundred times now. I no longer know what it says. I just read it again, and again, and again.

Early on you mention "hatred, racism, idiocy, stubbornness, toxicity, etc... " as reasons for the rift between the forum and TB. While I agree that you've taken us for granted and even mistreated us at times, I think you're being a little hard on yourself. It happens. :awesomeface:

Foreplay without sex. Foreplay without sex. Yes, yes, yes. But how do you know there won't be sex if you're in the middle of the foreplay?

(Fernando), let me put my words in you.

I've said some mean things about you guys. I can't recall saying much about you personally, but I've made a lot of comments about TB as a group and some about your mom specifically. I've called you hangers-on, incompetents, enablers and worse. I've definitely made "Brazilian nanny" comments. I think "The Beta" is kinda funny. I don't want to go into a long thing about how it's just jaded and frustrated fans who truly want to support Axl and GNR, because enough people have pointed that out and I'm going to believe you're smart enough to understand that component. Fair?

Some people say that "I'm sorry you feel that way" is a cop out. Fuck those people. No, it's not, not unless you're lying, saying it in that flippant way that demonstrates you're sorry about precisely nothing. What I'm saying is, I'm sorry if/that things I've said have hurt you and your family, and I'm sorry if you and your family ever felt personally attacked. I'm not taking things back. It's always been about letting off a little frustration steam. It's always been about the band. It was never personal. For me. For you? Different story. I'm sorry about that part. Do you see what I'm saying? Can you accept that?

I don't want to go too far into the racism thing unless you want to, in which case we'll discuss, but it's complicated, and my response to both sides is "Yes, but..." so I'll let you decide whether you feel strongly enough about it that we need to spend some time.

I told someone I was going to press you a bit more about GNR issues with this post. I think I'm going to hold off for just a minute. I'm definitely coming back to it, but it's more important to me that we do our best to repair this shit somehow, with a good faith effort on both sides, which means please don't just bounce at the first sign of trouble. Let's become acquainted. Let's see if we can coexist or maybe even enjoy each other. Then the next time I call you a dumbass Argentinian we'll have some familiarity to draw upon. :)

(Fernando)

P.S. If you care about me at all, you'll stick this thing out. Otherwise, I'll be taking crazy shit from my hater friends, many of whom might already think I've betrayed them.

I mean, wtf? Why are you being so nice?

Well, there goes the fun.

#bye

Okay, y'all got me. Discrimination. Everything is so literal nowadays. 3hour meeting.

No need to apologize, I get the frustration and I know that some think that information is easy to come by. However, being that there are so many different things happening; it's hard to let y'all know what's up. Being that, if something is said and then it doesn't happen, GNR gets a gold star removed. I wish I could tell you about what's to come, when it's coming and who's coming. (magisme) pun. So, in a few months I hope to be able to give you guys more information. I say #hope, as it could be 2 months, or 4 months; but let's hope for the soonest possible. Even if it's no information, I plan to hang around. For now.

No reason to dwell any further on everyone's view of TB, Beta and/or myself. And please stop thinking of Vanessa. Shit gets said, people gets ignored and life goes on. Ain't no thang'.

I've read through 25 pages of this shit. I never make it past 10 on regular threads. See how excited you have made me. Your worth the extra effort fermanager. Ha ha

I have been told I am worth every centimeter. (see what I did there?)

Edited by Fernando