Dear Fermanager,

Wow, I can't believe my post in here got deleted. That right there says it all. And I know I posted it cause I have notifications that people liked it and its still gone. Wow. Just wow.

Axl and Fernando are not a fan of follow-up questions. That might actually cause their words to be productive and worth reading.

Is your post gonna get deleted since you said that LOL?

Honestly, I don't know what this place is coming to. I wrote a fairly innocent, non-insulting two paragraph post about how we're negative simply because nothing is happening with the band, got 5 likes, and now come back 2 hours later to see the post deleted. Not even "edited" like Diesel above mine was, which that in itself is insane. Now I wish I screenshoted my post, cause I've understand insane babbling posts and threads getting deleted, but one that actually contributes to the conversation getting deleted seemingly because it wasn't praising him is crazy.

Wow, I can't believe my post in here got deleted. That right there says it all. And I know I posted it cause I have notifications that people liked it and its still gone. Wow. Just wow.

My apologies for removing certain posts that likely required a fair amount of time by the authors.

At this point many of the same points have been made numerous times. I'd ask that we stay clear of ground that has already been covered or issues/frustrations that have been either posed or addressed. Let's not bog this thread down by repeating the same things over and over again.

Axl and Fernando are not a fan of follow-up questions. That might actually cause their words to be productive and worth reading.

Honestly, I don't know what this place is coming to. I wrote a fairly innocent, non-insulting two paragraph post about how we're negative simply because nothing is happening with the band, got 5 likes, and now come back 2 hours later to see the post deleted. Not even "edited" like Diesel above mine was, which that in itself is insane. Now I wish I screenshoted my post, cause I've understand insane babbling posts and threads getting deleted, but one that actually contributes to the conversation getting deleted seemingly because it wasn't praising him is crazy.

Snap bro. Snap.

Surely your post had extremely amazing use of words. It's all good man.

Maybe, only maybe it was something that has been said over and over again? Who knows, but I got you dawg.

See my post above... My point being, the points you raised had already been raised numerous times by many other people. Let's not beat a dead horse, shall we? (sorry, that song just came on headphones as I type this).

Yeah, but he's not answering the questions. So feel free to delete the posts if they've been asked a million times already, but if he's not gonna answer them then what is he doing here. Like I said in my "fabled" post, I said something along the lines of "I'm sure you mean well".

But then when he responses with "Snap bro, I got you". I mean, what the hell is he doing here in this case?

Snap bro. Snap.

Surely your post had extremely amazing use of words. It's all good man.

Maybe, only maybe it was something that has been said over and over again? Who knows, but I got you dawg.

#brotherhood

So let me get this straight - this band is in such sad shape that whatever diehards are left have become desperate to beg Fernando, who has been banned here for being a tr0ll multiple times and never divulges anything, for information? And the mods are bending over like Jarmo does to make him happy?

Sad state of affairs.

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 4

So let me get this straight - this band is in such sad shape that whatever diehards are left have become desperate to beg Fernando, who has been banned here for being a cupcake multiple times and never divulges anything, for information? And the mods are bending over like Jarmo does to make him happy?

Sad state of affairs.

Fermanager was never banned here, that has been addressed already

Yeah, but he's not answering the questions. So feel free to delete the posts if they've been asked a million times already, but if he's not gonna answer them then what is he doing here. Like I said in my "fabled" post, I said something along the lines of "I'm sure you mean well".

But then when he responses with "Snap bro, I got you". I mean, what the hell is he doing here in this case?

I'd think his presence here is more of a chill, laid back "let's get to another each other again" thing rather than a "What's GN'R doing next?" type of thing. I mean the last time he or a band member were here it didn't go so well, so maybe it's just right now a testing of the waters, which could lead to further and more in depth conversations. I mean think of it like dating a chick. You're not gonna get into war and peace and politics when you're first chatting her up at the bar right?

So let me get this straight - this band is in such sad shape that whatever diehards are left have become desperate to beg Fernando, who has been banned here for being a tr0ll multiple times and never divulges anything, for information? And the mods are bending over like Jarmo does to make him happy?

Sad state of affairs.

Looks like we've got ourselves a MYGNRFORUM Insider, eh?

Look, Fernando can speak for himself, but as an admin here it's my job to make sure the thread doesn't get bogged down by people asking the same questions or making similar points. If he didn't address the five other people who made the same points as you did, why do you think you're post is going to be the one that gets addressed?

Let's move on. Still have an issue with this then please send me a PM.

I'd think his presence here is more of a chill, laid back "let's get to another each other again" thing rather than a "What's GN'R doing next?" type of thing. I mean the last time he or a band member were here it didn't go so well, so maybe it's just right now a testing of the waters, which could lead to further and more in depth conversations. I mean think of it like dating a chick. You're not gonna get into war and peace and politics when you're first chatting her up at the bar right?

I get it. But surely he is "in the camp". Surely you can understand we've sat here in the dark FOR YEARS, and now when he finally comes on to say something we want a little more than "let's get to know one another"? No one's trying to be mean, but mostly people come here to BS. If we're gonna involve management and just continue to BS with them as well, I mean, then why are we even here. We've had years for them to come on and talk and "chill" with us, so I get that intention, but you can't come on here after 2 members have left and expect us not to have questions. Thats insane.

And for the record Downzy, I think thats very fair. I think what I, and many others, are thinking is that he might not be seeing others so he's flat out ignoring them. I get deleting my post, but it was only to get his attention if he missed the others that really just want to know some innocent things. He disappears for long bouts so we don't know what he is or is not seeing, and we're all just kind of hoping we're posting at a time that he might be looking.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Sad state of affairs.

A) Fernando was never banned from here...

B) The point has been routinely made in this thread that this conversation isn't meant to be a GNR tell all. While we all wish Fernando would reveal everything we want to know, that's just not going to happen, no matter how many times you ask the same questions. At this point in the thread (28 pages), it's time to trim some of the duplication.

• Like 1

Look, Fernando can speak for himself, but as an admin here it's my job to make sure the thread doesn't get bogged down by people asking the same questions or making similar points. If he didn't address the five other people who made the same points as you did, why do you think you're post is going to be the one that gets addressed?

Fernando is literally not answering any questions - why is this thread even open?

I get it. But surely he is "in the camp". Surely you can understand we've sat here in the dark FOR YEARS, and now when he finally comes on to say something we want a little more than "let's get to know one another"? No one's trying to be mean, but mostly people come here to BS. If we're gonna involve management and just continue to BS with them as well, I mean, then why are we even here. We've had years for them to come on and talk and "chill" with us, so I get that intention, but you can't come on here after 2 members have left and expect us not to have questions. Thats insane.

think of it from their POV. The last time they were here they got nothing but BS and a lot of ugly shit hurled at them. I was there. You know, take both sides of the equation. From their POV, they don't have to do this - come here and chat at all. This is a first step. But bitching about this or that isn't going to help the situation. It's obvious from his posts Fernando understands our concerns and grievances and yadda yadda but right now, he probably literally can't speak on them. But coming here, chatting about what he can talk about - that at least shows the fanbase that management does listen in, does read, does give a shit, and it could be the start of a very beautiful friendship to paraphrase Casablanca. Just watch what happens man, chill.

• Like 1

And for the record Downzy, I think thats very fair. I think what I, and many others, are thinking is that he might not be seeing others so he's flat out ignoring them. I get deleting my post, but it was only to get his attention if he missed the others that really just want to know some innocent things. He disappears for long bouts so we don't know what he is or is not seeing, and we're all just kind of hoping we're posting at a time that he might be looking.

I'm fairly certain that Fernando is waiting with baited breath for another Mags appearance (as we all are); I'm positive the matter of being a frustrated GNR fan has been received.

It doesnt matter why, he doesnt even need a reason. He has the right to post whatever he wants. You may think it doesnt add to the debate, but others may disagree, and this is a community, isnt it? Why should others be unable to read it because you didnt think it added up? Thats unfair, and wrong.

Hanging out and having a laugh like the rest of us? Geez, chill out.

Just editing this rather than making another post - but we're already at 30 pages in a day. Hats off to the guys for moderating the thread and keeping it easy to read for those who may be late to the party. A lot of you people complaining are being pretty selfish TBH.

Edited by highvoltage
  • Like 4

Fernando is literally not answering any questions - why is this thread even open?

Been answered numbers times. This isn't a Q&A thread but a chance to get reacquainted with someone who actually works with the band. It's been underscored many times that there is news coming, but this is neither the time and place for further elaboration. You accept the thread for what it is or do not. If not, then please find another thread to post in.

Its wrong to delete people's post when they are not breaking any rules.

We also have to moderate things as we deem fit for the situation. Breaking rules? Maybe not directly, but when it's the 15th post claiming "Why are you here Fernando if you aren't going to give us any significant information? Yeah it's cool and all you're here, but why bother if you're not going to tell us anything?" etc., it's necessary to get rid of those excessive posts. It's be explained multiple times that he's here out of his own will and stopping in and out. No one is bending over backwards, and if trying to maintain a civil and respectful thread when a member of the Gn'R Camp is posting on a FAN FORUM is "bending over backwards", then I'm sorry for anyone that thinks that. But, if anyone wants to question the moderation being done, please, feel free to PM me, Downzy, or any mod for that matter and discuss is that way, because like it or not, this isn't the place to do it, especially since we've been explaining our reasoning over and over within the last 24 hours.