Dear Fermanager,

Hi Fernando, hot chick from Toronto, here.

Seen any good rehearsals lately?

Can you hear the drums, Fernando?

Finally :lol:

Would be pretty awesome if GNR ended up playing that as a result of a fan write-in for a gig.

• Like 1

So basically, no new album.

Hurray :rolleyes:

Nah, that's not necessarily the case at all. We just have no concrete info on what's coming next right now is all.

We haven't had any concrete info on what's coming next since 1993.

In since GnR released just 1 album in the past 22 years I know what I'd place my bet on.

Nah, that's not necessarily the case at all. We just have no concrete info on what's coming next right now is all.

Oh come on Russ.

What? That's an honest post. Fernando has said the same thing several times in this thread; There should be some news to share in the coming months and he gave a time frame of 2-4 months.

The biggest complaints on these forums (myself included) has always been that no one communicates with us at all. So here come Fernando to tell us what he can for now and it's still not good enough? My perspective is this; we've all been here this long, would it kill us to wait a couple more months to see what actually develops? That's all I'm saying.

We haven't had any concrete info on what's coming next since 1993.

In since GnR released just 1 album in the past 22 years I know what I'd place my bet on.

For the record, NO ONE is saying that's not a valid opinion or expectation to have. I get that seeing as I've been on board with GN'R since around late 1987. I know the history and trust me when I tell you that I'm as skeptical or moreso than anyone else here on what might be coming. On the other hand, I can also read between the lines and see it as a good thing that someone has come around to talk to us and give us at least a little info for now. Will it end up in no album, tour or further info with the response of "things changed"? Maybe. I don't know, but I my choice is to think/hope otherwise and I think there's room for both sides here.

• Like 2

I know where you're coming from, and I agree that it's cool, in a way, that he takes the time to post here.

But it's pretty hard to get excited by another set of " hopefully some news #soon" posts which will probably be about another CD world tour.

Can you tell us one of the best jokes Axl's ever told you? And what were your thoughts on the endings of Dexter and True Detective? I know Axl's thoughts on them as he was talking about them, but I always like to get everyone's opinions on them.

What were Axls thoughts on them?

Without going into great detail and word for word stuff:

Dexter ending - "It fucking sucked."

True Detective - "One of the best crafted shows you'll watch but lets you down without ever giving you what you deserve in the end."

Thank you. I didn´t know about that.

My post may get deleted but I take my chance. Funny that Axl felt that way about 2 t.v. shows. We have something in common then. That´s exactly how lot of us fans feel about him and his nuGN´R for the last 15 years.

#Reunion

I agree with Axl on Dexter. One of the least satisfying finales ever made. And it kind of killed the show -- I never hear people talk about it anymore... if it had ended after season four it'd be legendary.

I know where you're coming from, and I agree that it's cool, in a way, that he takes the time to post here.

But it's pretty hard to get excited by another set of " hopefully some news #soon" posts which will probably be about another CD world tour.

I can dig that, I really can.

As soon as last week, I was just telling someone that I personally thought we'd seen/heard the last of Axl/GN'R but that I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. I remain firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp which doesn't make me anything other than a realist who's familiar with the history of the band. Little things like what's going on here with Fernando give me hope that the wheels are turning though.

• Like 2

As soon as last week, I was just telling someone that I personally thought we'd seen/heard the last of Axl/GN'R but that I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. I remain firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp which doesn't make me anything other than a realist who's familiar with the history of the band. Little things like what's going on here with Fernando give me hope that the wheels are turning though.

We all respect your hopes. We all understand that at this point there is no real info available. But if this thread is gonna turn into best grouppies and best food discussion I guess it is better to move it to the Anything Goes section. Or you guys can start a new thread there about grouppies, food, t.v. shows, movies, books, Cecil the lion or whatever. So the rest of us can keep discussing and speculating about the GN´R future.

We all respect your hopes. We all understand that at this point there is no real info available. But if this thread is gonna turn into best grouppies and best food discussion I guess it is better to move it to the Anything Goes section. Or you guys can start a new thread there about grouppies, food, t.v. shows, movies, books, Cecil the lion or whatever. So the rest of us can keep discussing and speculating about the GN´R future.

Huh? Who said discussion and speculation about the future of GN'R can't happen in this thread?

Huh? Who said discussion and speculation about the future of GN'R can't happen in this thread?

Well several post with questions and opinions have been deleted

I assure you that posts with legitimate/none trolling/non insulting questions or haven't been asked several times already have not been removed.

Can you tell us one of the best jokes Axl's ever told you? And what were your thoughts on the endings of Dexter and True Detective? I know Axl's thoughts on them as he was talking about them, but I always like to get everyone's opinions on them.

What were Axls thoughts on them?

Without going into great detail and word for word stuff:

Dexter ending - "It fucking sucked."

True Detective - "One of the best crafted shows you'll watch but lets you down without ever giving you what you deserve in the end."

Thank you. I didn´t know about that.

My post may get deleted but I take my chance. Funny that Axl felt that way about 2 t.v. shows. We have something in common then. That´s exactly how lot of us fans feel about him and his nuGN´R for the last 15 years.

#Reunion

I agree with Axl on Dexter. One of the least satisfying finales ever made. And it kind of killed the show -- I never hear people talk about it anymore... if it had ended after season four it'd be legendary.

My point is that Axl felt let down by his favorite shows finale. Now he understands (well I hope does) how we the fans feel about lack of music, lack of news, revolving door band members and everything that has been going on and still does go on with our favorite band

I assure you that posts with legitimate/none trolling/non insulting questions or haven't been asked several times already have not been removed.

Great thread - nothing wrong with a bit of optimism and feel good for once. Although I come on forum daily I don't post anything usually cos I don't want any overly negative conversations about music that has filled well over half my life and made me happy.

Just one question tho why can't the legitimate/none trolling/non insulting criteria be applied to all threads?

Great thread - nothing wrong with a bit of optimism and feel good for once. Although I come on forum daily I don't post anything usually cos I don't want any overly negative conversations about music that has filled well over half my life and made me happy.

Just one question tho why can't the legitimate/none trolling/non insulting criteria be applied to all threads?

We do our best to make that happen.

It's cool to have Fernando here. I remember the time when band members used to post from time to time.

The same reason that got them out is the same reason that Fernando is here. I don't care too much for the sarcastic love for magisme cos all the years of negative comments make one positive after all.

But in my eyes it was more easy to ignore the hate and communicate more. who knows, maybe that will decrease the hate?

I know that the 5 question thing got minimized now, but back then was a major thing for the forum and for the fans in general and when down really bad.

It took some time but i really hope that you come here more often Fernando, and maybe become a regular like Marc Canter?

Edited by Russel Nash

One question for fermanager should he back on the thread at some point.

An album of original material is mainly a process of writing studio and then mixing. Then comes part 2 issue of artwork, sleeves, booklets, etc which is probably a task in itself.

Has part 2 started yet ?

Big ask I know - thanks for all your answers so far

I mean, wtf? Why are you being so nice?

Well, there goes the fun.

#bye

I'm actually a pretty nice guy. Don't worry, I understand it's the least interesting part of my personality.

No need to apologize, I get the frustration

Thank you.

I know that some think that information is easy to come by. However, being that there are so many different things happening; it's hard to let y'all know what's up. Being that, if something is said and then it doesn't happen, GNR gets a gold star removed. I wish I could tell you about what's to come, when it's coming and who's coming. (magisme) pun. So, in a few months I hope to be able to give you guys more information. I say #hope, as it could be 2 months, or 4 months; but let's hope for the soonest possible. Even if it's no information, I plan to hang around. For now.

:max:

You're lucky I'm still in hospitality mode. I'd usually bend you over a table for some of this. I'll give you a pass. For now.

Let me say this, though. It's not the lack of information that gets to me in this part. It's the politician-speak. It's the cryptic wording about how you'd like to tell us, and how, at the same time, information isn't easy to come by, but at the same time a lot is happening, about which you "hope" to share news in 2-4 months, for now. I'm sure you can see how that would make a guy's head spin. We can come back to this another time. I'm not asking you to address it right now. Just a couple thoughts.

And please stop thinking of Vanessa.

No.

• Like 2

People in the public eye need to get real about the internet - every star gets abused on the web, hell every person who posts anything to the web gets abused - the most tear-jerking videos on youtube have comments submitted against them that are so vile it would make you question whether humanity even has a right to be allowed continue.

So using online hate as a reason to withdraw holds no water - Bono would have moved to a desert island by now if that was the case.

Nobody here feels entitled, but good business in show business means:

- Try to have a relationship with the fans, some of us have been here for a quarter of a century.

- Ensure the merc and other fan experiences, including the meet & greets and forums and the gigs themselves are of a quality that dignify the fans continued dedication of their time and money.

- Listen to criticism - use it as a tool to work out how to make things better.

- Do all of this because it is the right thing to do.

Disregard the hate and give thanks that there are millions of people who feel a wrath in their daily lives the likes of which you and most of us will never come close to experiencing.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 3

It's really good to see the bands management on here and communicating. It only seems like common sense to cater to your loyal fan base, even with some of the negative stuff on here, it's hard to believe that the GNR management team hasn't used this tool to continue our support of the band.

However, the comment from Fernando about information hard to come by and so many things happening, makes my blood boil. Information is not hard to come by or communicate. It's basic PR and promotion; if you have something good happening, communicate it and promote it.

There should not be gold stars taken away if it doesn't happen. Keep in mind we are not asking you to develop a new energy to power the world. We are asking about when we can and if we can ever expect new music from our favorite artist. This process is not that hard, quit trying to make it out to be. If you have music Axl would like to put out, put it out, that simple.

I know there are things behind the scene that go on that we don't need to be aware of. In most fans opinions, very little has happenned in 20 years. One album in 20 yrs is unacceptable and clearly doesn't support the statement that so many thing are going on.

I would like some answers to a few basic questions that I think can be answered without giving away too much or over committing.

1. Is new GNR going to continue or does Axl want to move forward as a solo artist. Basically what's Axls vision.

2. Can we expect to hear the other 2 albums of material that we've been told about for almost two decades.

3. Is another round of touring in the Works and if so will it promote new music.

4. The reunion rumors are out there again. If they are not true, tell us. The answer to the first question may also answer this if Axl is still moving forward or not.

Answers to these questions would be appreciated and help the fan base stay interested. I've been a huge fan of this band and all its incarnations from day one, but honestly, I'm just about to give up any hope and stop following this band. I hope you understand our frustration and realize that we are the bands greatest supporters and fans.