Dear Fermanager,

That's cool that Fernando is giving his time to rhis place - many thanks dude. Can't be bothered reading the pages of comments but I hope people are being respectful. He seems like a fair bloke. I've met Vanessa a few times and she is absolutely lovely - genuine, friendly and generous - a real credit to her family and herself.

Obviously Fernando cant answer questions too specifically but I can't see why us most ardent of GnR supporters cant be given a little bit of hope by the band or management. Metallica, Slayer, Faith No More etc... are all letting fans know that new album plans are going ahead so why can't GnR?

Guys, why is anyone getting excited at this? He's saying the same thing "GNR"/management has been saying for years, "There will be news in a few months." Except this time they are down two core members of the band, "GNR" hasn't been in a worse position for forward movement in a long time.

It's nice of Fernando to post here, but he's said nothing substantive. Like someone mentioned earlier, I'm concerned he's just as much in the dark as this forum is. Provide the fans with something substantive, stop being the joke of the music industry.

I can't speak with certainty, but I'd wager a guess that his silence is indicative of what he can and cannot say at the present time; not a matter of what he does or does not know.

Again, I reiterate my point: DJ and Ron leaving Guns should not be viewed as negative developments if you're primary concern is new music. I've been led to believe (by sources I cannot reveal at present) that this is Axl's main focus and who is on the album should be of greater concern than who will be sharing the stage.

ok how are you gonna throw this in the middle of this giant thread and not share the details?

This is somehow sadder than the threads where people would post 10,000 questions to the band that they never even answered.

And yet you keep taking the time to read and participate.

I haven't checked this thread in 2 days. I missed nothing.

• Like 1

Here's hoping Fernando is currently doing everything in his power to foster an album release, followed by a tour, and scheduling auditions for an ass-kicking line up. Support, encourage, and inspire that guy we want to see on stage!

Who knows though..

Edited by trev

Hey Fernando,

I actually have a question about your position as manager of a major 'legacy' music act. How often do you get offers to play private events such as the wedding in France? Do you decide which events are the right fit for GNR or is the money the only thing that matters? Does the entire crew make the trip for a private event?

To be clear I am not asking these questions to call anyone a sellout, I could care less. You are in a very unique position and you are the only manager I could potentially get an answer from haha. I have so many questions your actual 'management' of the band than the band itself.

We get offers to play private events, such as Compaq, HP, Google, etc.. However, it all really depends on the look. How many people, where it is, and what it is for. We rarely entertain such offers, as they are usually not good timing. Essential crew only. If it's the entire band, usually 2 techs for the band members, a few sound guys.

The wedding we played in France was for a friend and all lined up nicely, however I felt bad for the crew that day, as we had just finished a show in spain and we were on our way to Mallorca when we had to make a last minute decision to play the wedding.

Thanks for answering my questions, great insight. I'll throw some more your way but I understand if you don't have time to get to them:

1. Who actually names the tours? For example, who came up with the name 'Up Close and Personal' for the club tour? Do you guys use a marketing agency or is it always done internally?

2. I have always been curious to know how prices for tickets are decided on. I am actually most curious to know how the ticket prices for the 2002 tour were decided on. There were so many factors to consider for the pricing of that tour since the band hadn't toured since 1993, it had many different faces on stage and there was no new album released. Was there/is there a lot of debate about pricing?
  • Like 1

I"m now calling my manager at work, Damager from now on. Ha.

Fernando, whats the chances of Axl throwing a mygnrforum/htgth BBQ at his crib? We'll have burgers by the pool, and Axl can entertain us with elton john on his piano. magisme will bring beers for everyone!

• Like 3