Dear Fermanager,

I"m now calling my manager at work, Damager from now on. Ha.

Fernando, whats the chances of Axl throwing a mygnrforum/htgth BBQ at his crib? We'll have burgers by the pool, and Axl can entertain us with elton john on his piano. magisme will bring beers for everyone!

I bet we can get Slash if we promise ribs.

I"m now calling my manager at work, Damager from now on. Ha.

Fernando, whats the chances of Axl throwing a mygnrforum/htgth BBQ at his crib? We'll have burgers by the pool, and Axl can entertain us with elton john on his piano. magisme will bring beers for everyone!

I bet we can get Slash if we promise ribs.

I like the idea of getting Slash :)

I know Axl's been meaning to tour Africa for years, especially after the 2007 South Africa shows fell through. When it does eventually happen, can we get a GNR cover of this undisputed masterpiece?:

• Like 1

This is somehow sadder than the threads where people would post 10,000 questions to the band that they never even answered.

And yet you keep taking the time to read and participate.

I haven't checked this thread in 2 days. I missed nothing.

Is that how long it takes you to come up with the same lame posts?

• Like 1

This is somehow sadder than the threads where people would post 10,000 questions to the band that they never even answered.

What happened to the 2010 South American tour documentary?

Hey Fernando,

I actually have a question about your position as manager of a major 'legacy' music act. How often do you get offers to play private events such as the wedding in France? Do you decide which events are the right fit for GNR or is the money the only thing that matters? Does the entire crew make the trip for a private event?

To be clear I am not asking these questions to call anyone a sellout, I could care less. You are in a very unique position and you are the only manager I could potentially get an answer from haha. I have so many questions your actual 'management' of the band than the band itself.

We get offers to play private events, such as Compaq, HP, Google, etc.. However, it all really depends on the look. How many people, where it is, and what it is for. We rarely entertain such offers, as they are usually not good timing. Essential crew only. If it's the entire band, usually 2 techs for the band members, a few sound guys.

The wedding we played in France was for a friend and all lined up nicely, however I felt bad for the crew that day, as we had just finished a show in spain and we were on our way to Mallorca when we had to make a last minute decision to play the wedding.

Thanks for answering my questions, great insight. I'll throw some more your way but I understand if you don't have time to get to them:

1. Who actually names the tours? For example, who came up with the name 'Up Close and Personal' for the club tour? Do you guys use a marketing agency or is it always done internally?

2. I have always been curious to know how prices for tickets are decided on. I am actually most curious to know how the ticket prices for the 2002 tour were decided on. There were so many factors to consider for the pricing of that tour since the band hadn't toured since 1993, it had many different faces on stage and there was no new album released. Was there/is there a lot of debate about pricing?

1. That specific name was made up by myself and our agent; along with other options. Which Axl picked that one of the list. However, it's usually Axl that comes up with the names. Del did name one of the tours.

2. Pricing usually gets figured out by promoters / agents based on location, demographic and research. There is a lot of ticket scaling nowadays.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1560755/rolling-stones-tour-doing-great-promoter-denies-heavy-discounting-of-tickets

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6576021/rolling-stones-grateful-dead-bots-scalpers-ticket-sales

What happened to the 2010 South American tour documentary?

Nothing, we never planned in making one.

I brought Rage (Dale) to South America to record and get footage from the band/tour. For us to use somewhere, sometime down the line. (Keep in mind, the line is pretty long) <-- not a hug

Edited by Fernando
  • Like 2

(Fernando), Reunion starts now? or in 2 months ;-)

Aside from that old stuff how are the new guys doing?

On another note.. i am really annoyed that Bumblefoot pedals himself as "GNR lead guitarist" or plays SCOM and stuff like it's his song.. Mercenary and frankly never wanted to be committed or part of GNR. I remember. I was on his forum when he joined. Funny how money can change attitudes right? I really hope we get the right people involved going forward. I trust Axl to know who they are. Peace.

Edited by Route66

(Fernando), can you please ask Axl not to put that Jackie Chan shit on there? That clip sucks.

I love Jackie Chan, but surely my Jackie Chan is far better than your JC.

I see what you did there.

I have no idea what he did there.

Mercenary and frankly never wanted to be committed or part of GNR.

8 years of dutiful touring and towing the party line with one or two missteps. Sounds like perfect criteria for Axl's enemy list.

Fernando, may i suggest that some day you can pull the strings to release the Holy Grail ( 2001 HOB pro shoot video )?.

I will look for it. Soooo long ago, surely it's here somewhere. Maybe one of you guys can come by and organize our vaults.

No question to add, but just to say it'd be absolutely brilliant to see more stuff like this out and available to view.

It's troubling to me that something so coveted by the fanbase for so long gets a "surely it's here somewhere."

They might just not know/have known that people are/were so keen to see the show. People were coveting new music and a new record for more than a decade so things like archive video might just not have been that important in the grand scheme of things. Plus, I still reckon that kind of thing is almost a niche interest for bands and it gets kind of hard to be able to know exactly what people want most. For everyone that wants the pro shot House Of Blues show there's another that wants the VMA Rehearsals or whatever. I'd like both, obviously!

It's troubling to me that something so coveted by the fanbase for so long gets a "surely it's here somewhere."

They might just not know/have known that people are/were so keen to see the show. People were coveting new music and a new record for more than a decade so things like archive video might just not have been that important in the grand scheme of things. Plus, I still reckon that kind of thing is almost a niche interest for bands and it gets kind of hard to be able to know exactly what people want most. For everyone that wants the pro shot House Of Blues show there's another that wants the VMA Rehearsals or whatever. I'd like both, obviously!

I get what you're saying, but does it really take a genius to figure out that fans would want a copy of Axl's first show since going into hiding?