Dear Fermanager,

Dear Fernando, I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy

You said your girlfriend's pregnant now, how far along is she?

My girlfriend's pregnant too, I'm bout to be a father

If I have a daughter, guess what I'ma call her?

I'ma name her Beta

10-eminem-stan.gif?height=216&width=545&

Hahaha brilliant. Dunno why but really made me laugh.

Hey Fern when will the album come out? And I don't mean this soon shit. I'd like a real answer. I don't understand what's so difficult about that. The fans who stuck by the band all these years deserve a real answer.

Seriously, though, how fucking amazing would it be if this post by a user with 19 posts was the trigger that got us the release date?! Oh man, that would be some funny shit.

Now "Damager," let's get back on topic. Can we have the Philly pic please?

• Like 1

Hey Fern when will the album come out? And I don't mean this soon shit. I'd like a real answer. I don't understand what's so difficult about that. The fans who stuck by the band all these years deserve a real answer.

Seriously, though, how fucking amazing would it be if this post by a user with 19 posts was the trigger that got us the release date?! Oh man, that would be some funny shit.

Now "Damager," let's get back on topic. Can we have the Philly pic please?

19 or 1,900 posts doesn't mean anything. I don't expect a answer, just wishful thinking. Plus it's worth a shot.
  • Like 1

Fernando you should stick with the fermanager title, Have some type of podcast or something and call it Fermented. LOL.

Do you think it would be a good Idea if Axl would create his own label and bring the GN'R Band/Brand to it so that he could release the type of album he would want to release without having others trying to hijack it. Plus he could give light to some great young talented bands if he was to sign them. Keep up the good work. Take care.

• Like 1

What good work, exactly? The shitty tour, the shitty DVD, the no new album for 7 years, the losing two guitarists? Not being facetious, just genuinely curious what aspect of this band since TB's takeover constitutes good work to you.

Edited by tomfriend

What good work, exactly? The shitty tour, the shitty DVD, the no new album for 7 years, the losing two guitarists? Not being facetious, just genuinely curious what aspect of this band since TB's takeover constitutes good work to you.

Axl is satisfied. They can't do shit without his consent. At least not when it comes to booking a tour or releasing albums. Their job is to do what Axl is paying them to do.

New Guns is his project, it's not like they have a position of power.

Axl is satisfied. They can't do shit without his consent. At least not when it comes to booking a tour or releasing albums. Their job is to do what Axl is paying them to do.

New Guns is his project, it's not like they have a position of power.

They do have a 'position' though, a position that entails being bent over the overdubs console with their breeches down.

There are positives to this situation. Axl has a freedom not enjoyed by many artists. They were afforded studio time to created basically two great cds of material, they can take their time.

Whether CD was completely cohesive doesnt take away from the quality and creativity on display track to track. Not to everyone's taste but the spin on classic rock is fresh, with one of the great vocalists/lyrics of our times.

Sure Axl is awarkward and has high ideals but in an ocean of artists being bullied into releasing tracks on a clock for their careers, one guy pushing in a different direction is no bad thing. Just let it play out.

• Like 2

There are positives to this situation. Axl has a freedom not enjoyed by many artists. They were afforded studio time to created basically two great cds of material, they can take their time.

Whether CD was completely cohesive doesnt take away from the quality and creativity on display track to track. Not to everyone's taste but the spin on classic rock is fresh, with one of the great vocalists/lyrics of our times.

Sure Axl is awarkward and has high ideals but in an ocean of artists being bullied into releasing tracks on a clock for their careers, one guy pushing in a different direction is no bad thing. Just let it play out.

Isn't that part of the problem though? He's not pushing in any direction. He's just doing nothing. Stagnating. Hardly admirable or exciting for fans. But it's his life and if he wants to do nothing then that's up to him. But I think a lot of folks would have more respect for him if he put GNR out of its misery, if he really has no hunger or ambition to move the band forward. How can he expect the fans to believe this is Guns N Roses when even Axl himself treats the band members as hired help who aren't even worth recording new material with? Way to make people feel valued. And he wonders why he can't keep a guitarist.

The way he treated Ron was a disgrace. Eight years of faithful service in the band, great with the fans, an absolute master at his craft and not once did Axl attempt to legitimise the 09-14 lineup by letting them collaborate on new material for the band. Axl Rose doesn't deserve to have musicians of that calibre in his "band."

Edited by Towelie

The way he treated Ron was a disgrace.

What exactly did he do to Ron that was a disgrace? And before you say, "not release music with him", then let me just point out that we don't know if Axl ever told Ron that was the plan. Maybe Ron was just intended as a touring guitarist and that this was acknowledged by both parties, or at least communicated clearly by Axl. I know that from the looks of it, with Ron's sulking and whining and his obvious attempts to make the band move forward, and Axl's complete silence, it looks as if Ron was mistreated - my point is that we simply don't know that.

• Like 1

Isn't that part of the problem though? He's not pushing in any direction. He's just doing nothing. Stagnating. Hardly admirable or exciting for fans. But it's his life and if he wants to do nothing then that's up to him. But I think a lot of folks would have more respect for him if he put GNR out of its misery, if he really has no hunger or ambition to move the band forward. How can he expect the fans to believe this is Guns N Roses when even Axl himself treats the band members as hired help who aren't even worth recording new material with? Way to make people feel valued. And he wonders why he can't keep a guitarist.

The way he treated Ron was a disgrace. Eight years of faithful service in the band, great with the fans, an absolute master at his craft and not once did Axl attempt to legitimise the 09-14 lineup by letting them collaborate on new material for the band. Axl Rose doesn't deserve to have musicians of that calibre in his "band."

That may or may not be true. Ron may have known the deal.

We know it's not conventional way to do things. Megadave has put out music despite the train wreck of line ups. Fair enough.

What I'm say let's except its not conventional. But what are the upsides? I would say it's quality of the material. Quite possibly we could easily have 4-5 UYI style cds. What Axl did was try to reinvent the wheel, reimagine GNR in a 90s style. Takes a bit more time, throws up a few problems. Whether it's be necessity or design, they dug a hole and had to work out of it. There was time and money for this, and a frontman who wasnt going to release just product to keep fans or label happy.

Of course if you think CD is shit, then yep what is he doing?!

yeah they could have put out 7 replica UYIs with Slash and Izzy and been as huge as Stones or DC. Thats what we lost. But they didnt want to do that.

but look at the upside, CD covered the distance in a more original way.not the same ole reunion story and mediocre cash in albums. You get this unique record and storied history.

It was a good thing to take on new influences and work to make it GNR enough to release. What you end up with is something a little more interesting. It may turn out to ust be the mid era of GNR. They could still reunion and crank out a Reunion record.

But seems like Axl has one more solid record. You know it's going to be great. Its not going to be auto pilot cookie cutter GNR, it's going to be worth the wait.

Edited by wasted

What exactly did he do to Ron that was a disgrace? And before you say, "not release music with him", then let me just point out that we don't know if Axl ever told Ron that was the plan. Maybe Ron was just intended as a touring guitarist and that this was acknowledged by both parties, or at least communicated clearly by Axl. I know that from the looks of it, with Ron's sulking and whining and his obvious attempts to make the band move forward, and Axl's complete silence, it looks as if Ron was mistreated - my point is that we simply don't know that.
I don't believe Ron or Ashba for that matter would've talked so publicly about the new band writing music together if it had been explicitly stated to them from the get-go that they were only touring musicians.

I think Ron was strung along for eight years and gradually realised Axl had no desire to use him for anything other than covering Slash's solos live and at most, having the odd guitar solo overdubbed on songs written ten years ago by a completely different lineup.

I'd say that's a pretty shoddy way to treat somone.

Edited by Towelie

I don't believe Ron or Ashba for that matter would've talked so publicly about the new band writing music together if it had been explicitly stated to them from the get-go that they were only touring musicians.

I think Ron was strung along for eight years and gradually realised Axl had no desire to use him for anything other than covering Slash's solos live and at most, having the odd guitar solo overdubbed on songs written ten years ago by a completely different lineup.

I'd say that's a pretty shoddy way to treat somone.

It is, if you are right in your assumptions.

Probably not the best tome to bring this up. But who knows they wouldn't come back for the next tour? Ron is keeping his hand in on his solo tour.

I think the fact Axl had another record virtually recorded with the lyrics and maybe some vocals and the idea of what the record is was really the problem for them. They were hired to tour a record written and made by two other guitarists and there's a second part to that.

But look at the positive side. Axl worked on this material for a decade with talented guitarists and is now in the process of touring the material.

It's not conventional and maybe a few people get the shaft but the upside is the music and it stays fresh. Remember it was their choice to leave. But they've had the GNR experience so they moved on. They toured a record they didnt make what did they think was going happen?

Probably not the best tome to bring this up. But who knows they wouldn't come back for the next tour? Ron is keeping his hand in on his solo tour.

I think the fact Axl had another record virtually recorded with the lyrics and maybe some vocals and the idea of what the record is was really the problem for them. They were hired to tour a record written and made by two other guitarists and there's a second part to that.

But look at the positive side. Axl worked on this material for a decade with talented guitarists and is now in the process of touring the material.

It's not conventional and maybe a few people get the shaft but the upside is the music and it stays fresh. Remember it was their choice to leave. But they've had the GNR experience so they moved on. They toured a record they didnt make what did they think was going happen?

Well most lead singers of a band write music with the guitarists, so I don't think that would've been an unfair expectation to hold out for once the touring finished.

Until we have CD2 in our hands the alleged second record is just fan fiction. If Axl really had a second record ready to go, why wait 7+ years to release it? He had so many options. He could've put the second record out in 2011 instead of continuing to tour Chinese Democracy for the zillionth time. That would've meant by 2015 he could've made a record with the 09-14 lineup. Or alternatively, he could've released seven of the best CD outtakes and collaborated on five or six tracks with the Thal-Ashba-Fortus lineup.

But he chose to do none of those things. At this stage I'm sceptical a second album even exists. If it really existed why haven't we heard anything about it by now? No new songs played live, no word on any continued studio work, band mates dropping like flies.... Yeah, I'm sure this elusive second half is just around the corner.

Edited by Towelie

At this stage I'm sceptical a second album even exists. If it really existed why haven't we heard anything about it by now? No new songs played live, no word on any continued studio work, band mates dropping like flies.... Yeah, I'm sure this elusive second half is just around the corner.

I am certain enough songs exists to comprise a new record. We have info on plenty of songs already, and a song like Going Down just suddenly came to our attention, suggesting there might be more songs like that which we have neverf heard of.

The reasons why we haven't heard anything about the next record are many, I think. First, Axl is perhaps not as eager as he was back in the prelude to the release of CD (back then he had to prove he could still release music, now we know he can; back then he was fuelled by a vision and plan, now he comes off as disillusioned and lost). Secondly, Axl might want to avoid the whole debacle of leaks and keeps things closer to his chest this time around. Thirdly, the songs were for the most part recorded during the CD sessions, there is simply not any buzz around what is happening now since it is all just old material being pieces together with a smaller team. This also explains why band members who have the least to gain from "CD2" (those who aren't really featured on the record), has left the band, whereas the old-timers may have more to gain from hanging it out.

But yeah, I agree with your overall notion that we aren't getting a record just about any day now. But I still think the material is there, more or less finished, and that with CD, some songs will be really good.

At this stage I'm sceptical a second album even exists. If it really existed why haven't we heard anything about it by now? No new songs played live, no word on any continued studio work, band mates dropping like flies.... Yeah, I'm sure this elusive second half is just around the corner.

I am certain enough songs exists to comprise a new record. We have info on plenty of songs already, and a song like Going Down just suddenly came to our attention, suggesting there might be more songs like that which we have neverf heard of.

The reasons why we haven't heard anything about the next record are many, I think. First, Axl is perhaps not as eager as he was back in the prelude to the release of CD (back then he had to prove he could still release music, now we know he can; back then he was fuelled by a vision and plan, now he comes off as disillusioned and lost). Secondly, Axl might want to avoid the whole debacle of leaks and keeps things closer to his chest this time around. Thirdly, the songs were for the most part recorded during the CD sessions, there is simply not any buzz around what is happening now since it is all just old material being pieces together with a smaller team. This also explains why band members who have the least to gain from "CD2" (those who aren't really featured on the record), has left the band, whereas the old-timers may have more to gain from hanging it out.

But yeah, I agree with your overall notion that we aren't getting a record just about any day now. But I still think the material is there, more or less finished, and that with CD, some songs will be really good.

I'm not saying that nothing exists, I'm sure there are songs, some finished, some in various stages of completion. But if this is all material written with Buckethead, Brain, Paul Huge and Robin Finck then is it likely this material will ever see the light of day? All of those guys had left the band by the time CD came out. Is it really realistic to expect Axl to put out a second record of material by this now-defunct band?

I agree with you that if another album does come out, I'm sure it'll be great. I loved Chinese and Axl always delivers quality music. But as it stands, the situation is such a mess, I can't help but feel the ship has sailed for another CD-era record.

I'm not saying that nothing exists, I'm sure there are songs, some finished, some in various stages of completion. But if this is all material written with Buckethead, Brain, Paul Huge and Robin Finck then is it likely this material will ever see the light of day? All of those guys had left the band by the time CD came out. Is it really realistic to expect Axl to put out a second record of material by this now-defunct band?

When it comes to Axl I don't think realism really is a factor. He doesn't seem t care overly about others expectations. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he released an album heavy with stuff from Bucket and Robin, without any concern for the fact that they are not around anymore. But on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if Axl consideres this a big problem, and that this is the reason why we haven't heard any new songs yet (maybe he's spent his free time these last years trying to learn to shred so he can replace Bucket with himself?).

As it is, I believe he still works on the songs when he isn't busy with other things. Eventually, I hope and believe, he will consider them finished and have the songs released.

I got the feeling Going Down might have been something did for a solo album and Ron came in to add a solo? Who is the drummer on the track? Maybe Axl also came down added backing vocals but he didnt use it for the solo album. Or its a bonafide GNR demo.

I got the feeling Going Down might have been something did for a solo album and Ron came in to add a solo? Who is the drummer on the track? Maybe Axl also came down added backing vocals but he didnt use it for the solo album. Or its a bonafide GNR demo.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended for one of Tommy's solo records, but as soon as Axl added vocals, they decided to save it for a possible GN'R record. I guess it would be more interesting for Tommy to provide a whole song to GN'R than yet another song for one of his own records.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended for one of Tommy's solo records, but as soon as Axl added vocals, they decided to save it for a possible GN'R record. I guess it would be more interesting for Tommy to provide a whole song to GN'R than yet another song for one of his own records.
Not sure. I see Tommy as the new Izzy. A solo artist in his own right that could donate any song to GNR and Axl can work it up. Riad for example was a Tommy song, Axl fucked that up, right? Just joustin' i love riad.

Im drink sorry. Yes um i was sayin somethi g.