Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy Tour Documentary (2001-2003)

The ragequit during Patience at the 2002 Michigan show is still legendary

When it's all put into perspective though with all the cancelled dates and other mishaps, that leg of the tour was a failure; I'm surprised the band had fans left in the cities they bailed on

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

good work

what's next? 2006-2009?

Thanks! I don't really know what I wanna do next. Possibly a documentary about the breakup of the old band and really go into detail of all the firings/hirings in the mid to late 90's and all the behind the scenes back stories from Slash and Duff's books.

Just started watching, but I'm sure it's great, just like the last one you did.

Btw, did you make this with powerdirector?

Thanks! And yes I did.

For those who haven't seen it:

i would like to see the Appetie For Desctruction Tour 1987 - 1988

Not enough video material i'm afraid... (and i'm not even talking about pro shots...)

There's more 1986 videos than 1987 videos out there.....

but alot of sound recordings from 1987.. The closest thing to listen the voice from Appetite For Destruction is the Marquee London.. then the european tour, first time in Germany at Hamburg or Dusseldorf.

and there are alot of videos of 1988 out there: Ritz, Late Night, Toledo, Felt Forum, Halifax, Hilton Coliseum, Philly, Mittletown, Donington, Tokyo and Melbourne... and some rare footages like the recording in A Night In The Jungle or Used To Love Her at the Whisky A Go Go. 1987 has only one footage: CBGB.

Alot of interessting Stuff..

Maybe he can create a fourth video: 1985 - 1997 Making of AfD based on the Reckless Road Book :-)

Wow, thank you, that is fucking awesome. It's still really bittersweet watching and listening to the early clips from 2001-2002 and remembering exactly how I felt about what I thought was going to happen: world domination. And just as depressing to watch the VMAs and have that sinking feeling again. In the Vancouver radio interview the guy says 'You were on it on MTV, hadn't missed a step' and Axl says 'You're too kind...'

What could have been.

• Like 2

Anyone remember that poster who was working on a 2009-10 documentary then said his hard drive got nicked?

Was it not that he compiled loads of footage to merge into a whole show? He had mastered the audio etc...I was really looking forward to that.

good work

what's next? 2006-2009?

Thanks! I don't really know what I wanna do next. Possibly a documentary about the breakup of the old band and really go into detail of all the firings/hirings in the mid to late 90's and all the behind the scenes back stories from Slash and Duff's books.

If you do, please incude all the things Axl said in his letters/announcements/chats with fans. It's necessary to show all sides...

i would like to see the Appetie For Desctruction Tour 1987 - 1988

Me too haha. We'll see what happens.

How did you get that VMA preview footage? Impressive stuff, thanks!

I got everything from YouTube.

Wow, thank you, that is fucking awesome. It's still really bittersweet watching and listening to the early clips from 2001-2002 and remembering exactly how I felt about what I thought was going to happen: world domination. And just as depressing to watch the VMAs and have that sinking feeling again. In the Vancouver radio interview the guy says 'You were on it on MTV, hadn't missed a step' and Axl says 'You're too kind...'

What could have been.

I was in kindergarten when it was all going on haha.

• Like 1

Good God:

"This show is desgned to be something that is growing over the next couple of years. This is the start of something. Remember we'll be putting out a record and about a year or so after that we'll be putting out another record. So, there'll be a lot more material added into the set with a lot more going on. This is the beginning and we need to be showing people a lot of the older material, but it will grow."

• Like 1