2-4 Months, What's the News?

What's the news?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Noted.

lol. Sad.

Honestly, hand on heart, if you were in the fans position, what would you think? OK, you could say, y'know, it's only a band so, whatever, I'd sit back and wait on a release etc, be supportive, fair enough, that much is granted, the support being when money is laid down to pay for the artists product or merchandise or whatever, so the support is there...but what would you think of the predicament? Detach yourself from your position in the mix and, from the outside looking in, what would you think?

I mean one thing is certain, you guys ain't stupid or mental, you're aware that the way business is conducted by GnR is not the normal run of things, the time etc that it takes is not anything like how shit goes down normally...why do you think that is? Is it ALL to do with circumstance? Is that EVER really the case about anything in life, we're such benign agents in the equation of our own existence that we're just cast back and forth by the tides of circumstance with absolutely no control over the situation? Are you THAT trapped by contractual entanglements and perfectionism and this extraodinary coming together of circumstance to where you are not able to give any kind of information of any kind for SO much time?

I mean this is an unforgiving world we live in, everybodys job is subject to this new age 'Hows My Driving?' survey mentality, when you call up the phone company and shit don't get done who do you point to? Or the car rental company or the place you get your suits from. We're all judged very harshly for our performance in whatever we do in a professional capacity. Now i understand that you're in something of a priveliged position in that you don't really have to listen to this shit, from me or anybody but at the same time if you were to assess the situation, taking into account your position in the equation...and the lack of any movement one way or the other, where do you think the finger should be pointed? Do you even think a finger should be pointed at all? And what do you call an organisation where there is no party answerable to questions regarding a lack of positive productivity?

Personally? I'm a cynic, i don't seriously believe there is something reasonable and rational impeding productivity. I don't know and i don't care to speculate what, whether it's you or the person you work for (God love him :lol:) or contractual entanglements, i don't care to speculate cuz thats just pissing in the wind, what do i know, other than the fact that clearly, something ain't ticking correctly over there.

Unless this is all deliberate, in which case....well i won't resort to name calling but you just close your eyes and imagine what you might call a person or a group of people who behave in that kind of a way eh? ;) But as i say my opinion don't matter, what matters is the truths that you can tell, should you wish to.

Boom. Nail on the head right there

We'll hear more from former members than anything. This prediction depresses me, but here it is.

1) Duff will tell us that Izzy is only on one or two tracks of his new album - letdown

2) Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed will say Axl is such a hard worker and great guy.

3) Matt Sorum and Slash will rescue a few dolphins.

4) Steven Adler will do 10 more radio shows to promote his artwork and the Adler tour, while saying GNR should reunite

5) Blabbermouth will post an article saying Bumblefoot used the bathroom 3 times today.

6) GNR Social Media will show us more bad tattoos.

• Like 2

We'll hear more from former members than anything. This prediction depresses me, but here it is.

1) Duff will tell us that Izzy is only on one or two tracks of his new album - letdown

2) Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed will say Axl is such a hard worker and great guy.

4) Steven Adler will do 10 more radio shows to promote his artwork and the Adler tour, while saying GNR should reunite

5) Blabbermouth will post an article saying Bumblefoot used the bathroom 3 times today.

Pretty much this. And it equals to nothing, which was my vote.

• Like 1

Hey my tattoos aren't bad.

• Like 2

Hey my tattoos aren't bad.

I was gonna crack the same joke earlier and forgot to! :lol:

• Like 1

Well guys, good news is... Fernando is so busy they had to close the Fermanager thread! Dude must all clogged up with three hour meetings and shit so he can give us what we need - information. It's a hard task, don't act like you know shit 'cause you don't. It's not like they owe us anything, they do it 'cause they're awesome and Fernando came here to be among us so be grateful.

• Like 2

I believe they will announce the new guitarist #BringbackRobin and a new Tour as much as I hope for an Album I can't see it in the announcement.

I know a lot of people want this and I'd be happy if someone that was heavily involved in Chinese and the leftover material came back. But is there really any chance at all of this happening? Like even an outside shot? I'm honestly wondering, I don't follow robin.

I believe they will announce the new guitarist #BringbackRobin and a new Tour as much as I hope for an Album I can't see it in the announcement.

I know a lot of people want this and I'd be happy if someone that was heavily involved in Chinese and the leftover material came back. But is there really any chance at all of this happening? Like even an outside shot? I'm honestly wondering, I don't follow robin.
I think there is a good chance.During a Q&A it was asked if they were still in contact with Robin and they said yes and he played in 2012 with them didn't he.So he seems to be in good terms with Axl and NIN are not active at the moment are they ?

unless they get Gilby as a new guitarist, who can learn "40 plus songs in less than two weeks - two weeks" and "has really no time to think about anything" in the process, I assume they'll get a new guy and rehearse with him for a year before they hit the road - like they did with Ashba. He joined the band like a year before we first saw him perform.

FYI, I've moved Fernando's response to Mags to the original Mags/Fernando thread. It's been re-opened. Fernando is obviously free to post wherever he wants, but I figured I'd consolidate the Fernando/Mags conversation into one thread.

Post can be found here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212220-dear-fermanager/?p=4005321

I dont expect anything before the end of the year. Maybe a new guitarist with something about next year. It would be a surprise.

My guess is Axl wants to release CD ll in 2016. I even think he just might pull it off but there is always next year.

i guess they are more likely to release a record now than tour without 2 guitarists. But in the next 2-4 months seems possible they find a guitarist. Suppose 2016 for the record whille getting 2 guitarists for a 2017 tour.

• Like 2