2-4 Months, What's the News?

What's the news?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i guess they are more likely to release a record now than tour without 2 guitarists. But in the next 2-4 months seems possible they find a guitarist. Suppose 2016 for the record whille getting 2 guitarists for a 2017 tour.

This

If they get a new guitarist, you can expect for the BBF and Ashba parts to be wiped aside so the new guitarist can contribute. Then it has to be mixed for a decade again. You may want to start warming yourself up to the idea that a new album isn't going to happen.

somehow I get the feeling that the big news might be

"Take part in the <<<I'm gonna be Frank>>

"Nightrain fan base is proud to annouce there is a rumor of a story of an alleged focus group where qoute taken out of context indicates that the ex-brother in law of the second cousin of Frank Ferrer's hair dresser might give you a 37 seconds call and frankly answer your question (not the singular)*** "

"*** subject to change,

only for the super duper Premium Gold Copper Aluminium NIghtrain fanbase members, with annual orders of 1 million dollars minimum (and that doesn't include the DJ Ashba sexy #demented beanies)

some further restrictions may apply

in order to participate, answer just one simple question

people wear masks to

a) hide who they are

b) create their identity

?

and there's more

we have a consolidation prize for the runner up

send us your picture, any picture, just any fucked up picture at all

and Katrina Benzova will use Windows Paint Brush to make it black and white

and make it seem more ARTISTIC!

just think about those facebooks likes!

#get more pussy than Mick Wall's dad

#code red!

Edited by whatashame
  • Like 2

New band members

I don't think news about new music come out in 2-4 months

I sort of think (hope) the reverse:

I'm hoping the idea is that releasing music will move forward regardless of new band members. I'm thinking/hoping the 2-4 months thing might be when we'll start hearing about when/how new music will be released soon after that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it unknown at the time whether Robin was in the band when Chinese Democracy was released? Axl even said in the QA session he did that people should be more concerned about who is on the album than who is on the band.

Highly likely a similar situation will play out with the next album.

If they get a new guitarist, you can expect for the BBF and Ashba parts to be wiped aside so the new guitarist can contribute. Then it has to be mixed for a decade again. You may want to start warming yourself up to the idea that a new album isn't going to happen.

There are no "Ashba or BBF parts".

There is alot of dated material from the turn of the century.

I really don't care. At this point i'm fucking glad Axl never built a place like Neverland. He probably has enough money to do it but has bucket loads more self respect. Fast cars, chicks, family and pussy cats is where it's at these days. Oh and home studios. I love my shitty home studio so i understand that shit. I bet axl's is incredible and if i had one of those i would lock myself in it for life.

Edited by Route66

GNR isnt itunes, everything out of sync. The record is one thing, the touring band another. That's just how it has to be if youre going to be uncovemtional you have to go long. Whole genres of rock raise and fall in the time it takes GNR to release a finished album, it's like humans going into space by the time we reach pluto the guitarist has died of old age.

You know this how? BBF added to what became CD songs. I'm sure that he added to more than the tracklist.

You know this how? BBF added to what became CD songs. I'm sure that he added to more than the tracklist.

Yes, we know he added parts to Atlas Shrugged:

I was going to tell a little story about that song, cause right now on my laptop I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song when two days before the album was going to be mastered it was like, "Let's see if we can squeeze it unto the album". And I busted out some guitar tracks for it. I just had my own studio. But because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, that's just how long a CD could be, it would have taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. And it wasn't worth making a two CD album that would just have one song on the other CD. Hopefully on ChiDem2 it's have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song [Eat More Heat! Live Chat, March 2013]

But sure, Axl could have erased those parts now. Or thought about doing it.

New band members

I don't think news about new music come out in 2-4 months

I sort of think (hope) the reverse:

I'm hoping the idea is that releasing music will move forward regardless of new band members. I'm thinking/hoping the 2-4 months thing might be when we'll start hearing about when/how new music will be released soon after that.

Not a chance man.... Not until they got a stable touring line up

Btw i strongly think that these news were the webstore thing

So basically: another chance to milk the fanbase without any actual new thing

It is an insult to the hardcore fanbase, imho

• Like 1

Putting CD II merch on the webstore before the release of the record is kind of the way CD was launched. So I don't know what it means.

I would hope for a release then cobble together a touring band, but that may not be so easy.

The one positive is Fortus still in band and he seemed more involved with the record. Other than that the label must be confused about what it is and how to promote such a release. Unless they haul ass how can they be on the road next year? All can hope for is record in 2016?

Putting CD II merch on the webstore before the release of the record is kind of the way CD was launched. So I don't know what it means.

I would hope for a release then cobble together a touring band, but that may not be so easy.

The one positive is Fortus still in band and he seemed more involved with the record. Other than that the label must be confused about what it is and how to promote such a release. Unless they haul ass how can they be on the road next year? All can hope for is record in 2016?

DJ was hired without Axl's presence? I guess Axl knew he wanted him in the band.

Let's say Axl really wants CD ll out in 2016. Getting a new Guns album out seems very challenging. I think Axl can listen to audition tapes and decide, but it's a shame he can't just focus on CD ll's release.

2016 a possible release, and CD ll world tour in 2017.

i think its more of an attitude of being true to old records. For the tour whatever works. Im sure they can find people, so getting the record out is more important. It could fuel 10 years of touring. well 5 at least. I want it 2016 but really 2020 looks good. I just feel like Axl is 50 hes only got 10 years to tour. He could put out sci fi space ballad remix album in 2040 but right now he can still jiggle around so get a wiggle on. 1 last 5 year jaunt around this shithole. Rock in Rio 2021, the final frontier.

i think its more of an attitude of being true to old records. For the tour whatever works. Im sure they can find people, so getting the record out is more important. It could fuel 10 years of touring. well 5 at least. I want it 2016 but really 2020 looks good. I just feel like Axl is 50 hes only got 10 years to tour. He could put out sci fi space ballad remix album in 2040 but right now he can still jiggle around so get a wiggle on. 1 last 5 year jaunt around this shithole. Rock in Rio 2021, the final frontier.

I think that's exactly the reason he doesn't want a 2020 release for CD ll. Still, it can easily be the year.

Axl is very aware when it comes to his age. (remember the 2006 Trunk interview) he also said he hopes he still got a few good years.

The gold records, the touring from 2009 to 2014, and comments he made all point to him feeling he supported Chinese and it was enough.

So now, taking from what I know and what happened in the past, Axl is probably doing some "final recordings" and is maybe in negotiations with the label, or at least his gaggle of lawyers are on it.

My guess is Axl is focusing on getting it out, but he's still not gonna release something that isn't up to his high standard of quality, and the fucked up booklet...don't think it's gonna happen again.

If everything goes exceptionally right, at my most optimistic I hope for a november 2016 CD ll release, and a tour and monumental promotion in 2017.

But no one knows when it's gonna be ready. Done. Finished. It's all relative isn't it? how long will it take Axl to hand it over?

Ultimately, CD ll is gonna be released anyway imo, so it don't really matter. Not really.

It just means we'll have to wait more and the tour is not gonna be as good in 2020 compared to 2017. At least it will be much harder for Axl.

Edited by Rovim

The big problem is that CD only came out when Best Buy gave label 14 mil. So it made sense on a business level even if it came in a negative way, like fuck Axl we'll just take the money. Azzof immediately tried to do a reunion tour. Although I understand why no video support on a few levels like we already spent enough, it wont sell that well, there really wasnt much love for CD understandably. So I just wonder how much label will play ball. Rumor they rejected CD II in 2010? Sales kind of down theres not much money in it for label. And with Reunion a lot more lucrative. Do they just hold on and hope. I know other bands just put music out and it just becomes routine.

Possibly Axl feels like this next one is his final record. So he's taking his time. Makes sense. But also once it's out that's it. Maybe Axl will have some new songs or ambitions but life will be running out. Its just how big a deal will the last one be. Will we wait another decade for it with them touring again? Tour, play a few songs see what people like. Release a song on a soundtrack could fuel a tour. Why blow everything in one go then be left with nothing after two years touring?

The big problem is that CD only came out when Best Buy gave label 14 mil. So it made sense on a business level even if it came in a negative way, like fuck Axl we'll just take the money. Azzof immediately tried to do a reunion tour. Although I understand why no video support on a few levels like we already spent enough, it wont sell that well, there really wasnt much love for CD understandably. So I just wonder how much label will play ball. Rumor they rejected CD II in 2010? Sales kind of down theres not much money in it for label. And with Reunion a lot more lucrative. Do they just hold on and hope. I know other bands just put music out and it just becomes routine.

Possibly Axl feels like this next one is his final record. So he's taking his time. Makes sense. But also once it's out that's it. Maybe Axl will have some new songs or ambitions but life will be running out. Its just how big a deal will the last one be. Will we wait another decade for it with them touring again? Tour, play a few songs see what people like. Release a song on a soundtrack could fuel a tour. Why blow everything in one go then be left with nothing after two years touring?

He's got 2 cycles left at best. He needs to release more music before doing another tour.

If I had to guess, I think Axl treats every record of his like it's the last one. But why even go there? 8 to 10 years between records realistically guessing.

Leaning towards this is the last record with a tour. He might release more albums in the future, but he'll be 60+.

If he'll release CD ll in 2016, and do a 2.5 years tour, he'll still theoretically be able to do another cycle with CD lll.

I believe any musician that really wants to release music can find a way, even on that scale. But that means compromise which you know...doesn't really mean anything for Axl.

Edited by Rovim

Of course you can release it. But from label why when another artist just easier, plus wait for reunion, plus bitterness.

From Axl's point of view theres nothing left to gain. So has to be happy its songs he wants to rep etc. its more artistically or proving he did more than 14 songs in 20 years. My guess is he loves it and its who he is. The 3 eras is ok. Its just is Prostitute his farewell? Not so bad.

So nada is okay too. He already did lota.

Of course you can release it. But from label why when another artist just easier, plus wait for reunion, plus bitterness.

From Axl's point of view theres nothing left to gain. So has to be happy its songs he wants to rep etc. its more artistically or proving he did more than 14 songs in 20 years. My guess is he loves it and its who he is. The 3 eras is ok. Its just is Prostitute his farewell? Not so bad.

So nada is okay too. He already did lota.

Yeah, I just don't see him being satisfied with only those 14 songs released from new Guns. Just can't see that.

At the very least, I assume if he always saw Chinese as a double, like he said he saw Illusions, he'll release part ll of Chinese.

In that very statement you can find his biggest motive to release more music: if he always viewed Chinese as a double, that's like he released half a record. Means that's not enough to communicate his musical vision.

Might come years from now, but it will be released imo. The label might prove to be a challenge I agree.

Edited by Rovim

But it could have developed beyond that. Like they had those 12 songs from the 2006 26 songs but Fortus has been working on others from the pool and those have added on to the intial second part. Maybe like UYI I with some old songs but also new ones.

I have a track listing though.

Stay of Execution

1. Jackie Chan

2. Down by the Ocean

3. Soul Monster

4. Berlin

5. Quick Song

6. Thyme

7. Atlas Shrugged

8. The General

9. Silkworms

10. Seven