New Duff McKagan Album

Crowebar

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-duff-mckagan-in-the-studio-working-on-new-music/

duffmckaganstudioaug2015_638.jpg

Duff McKagan (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER, LOADED, WALKING PAPERS) is currently at Jupiter Recording in Seattle, Washington laying down tracks for a new studio album. Joining Duff for at least some of the sessions are longtime DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED bassist Jeff Rouse, former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin and STONE SOUR drummer Roy Mayorga.

A couple of video clips from the studio can be seen below.

Speaking about his recent three-song EP, titled "How To Be A Man", which features a guest appearance by former GUNS N' ROSES axeman Izzy Stradlin, Duff told the Rock It Out! Blog: "I had a really good time just creating… I've played on a bunch of Izzy records over the last fifteen years, and it was just really nice to be in the studio with him for a couple of days. I really trust whatever he does. If he says, 'I've got a bridge. I've got a part,' I know he's got a part. It's not, like, 'Oh, let me hear it.' It's, like, 'Okay, he's got the part. Good. That's taken care of.' And, yeah, I'd like to do more music with him — always; for the rest of my life."

"How To Be A Man" is a companion piece to McKagan's new book, "How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)", both of which were released on May 12. The EP also features contributions from ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell, STONE SOUR drummer Roy Mayorga and drummer Taz Bentley.

The "How To Be A Man" book is the follow-up to McKagan's critically acclaimed New York Times best-selling memoir "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)".

Among the topics in the book are communication in relationships, albums men should listen to, and world travel tips such as "Don't smoke crack on a leased private jet — the smell gets into everything."

McKagan said that the book is a spinoff of a column with the same name that he wrote at Seattle Weekly for five years. He described the book as "a how-to guide of things I've learned about life — being a dad, being a husband and being in a rock band."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-duff-mckagan-in-the-studio-working-on-new-music/#1sVuZvqBs5TxjjRc.99

• Like 1

Great news, and Izzy is (was?) there!

I did NOT found Izzy on the video that is on blabbermouth (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-duff-mckagan-in-the-studio-working-on-new-music/)

(of course)

i didnt really understand what Duff said in that video

Did he mentioned Izzy?

Or did he mention "easy"?

But the background music was great and it sounded stonesy (similar to Dead Flowers I guess)

which probably means that Izzy was indeed there

which means Duff songs will definetely benefit from it

This is really great news, hope Izzy sticks around long enough to play on every track from the Duff album and who knows... maybe he will lay some cool backing vocals as he is so great at it!

an maybe, just maybe, duff asks Slash to play on an Duff/Izzy track...!

I did NOT found Izzy on the video that is on blabbermouth (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-duff-mckagan-in-the-studio-working-on-new-music/)

(of course)

Did he mentioned Izzy?

But the background music was great and it sounded stonesy (similar to Dead Flowers I guess)

This is really great news, hope Izzy sticks around long enough to play on every track from the Duff album and who knows... maybe he will lay some cool backing vocals as he is so great at it!

basically he said everything we hear is recorded by him - except the tracks recorded by Izzy and Roy

(of course)

Did he mentioned Izzy?

basically he said everything we hear is recorded by him - except the tracks recorded by Izzy and Roy

thanks

so do you think that means that izzy and roy are just on a few tracks (songs)?

or when duff says tracks" he means audio tracks, meaning something like "its me on the lead guitar track, its me on the bass track, its me on every track except the guitar track which is izzy and the drum track which is roy"? (or something like that)

(of course)

Did he mentioned Izzy?

thanks

or when duff says tracks" he means audio tracks, meaning something like "its me on the lead guitar track, its me on the bass track, its me on every track except the guitar track which is izzy and the drum track which is roy"? (or something like that)

Well, he was referring specifically to the song we can hear in the video. But I would expect more collaborations on the album, mainly from Jeff and Roy, but Izzy could also be on more (3-4) tracks. I highly doubt he plays on the whole album. Just a speculation though.

(of course)

Did he mentioned Izzy?

thanks

Well, he was referring specifically to the song we can hear in the video. But I would expect more collaborations on the album, mainly from Jeff and Roy, but Izzy could also be on more (3-4) tracks. I highly doubt he plays on the whole album. Just a speculation though.

thanks! yeah i think that would be very unlikely indeed!