Adler: "Cobain's guitar talent was very close to Hendrix's"

whatashame

In spirit, Kurt was closer to Jimi than Satriani, Vai or any of those dumb virtuosos.

So he was closer then those who share very little musically with Jimi.

Jimi invented a completely new way of playing the guitar, and his music is timeless and was original and unique. Kurt got out of his guitar exactly what he wanted and every guitar part always sounds like it should be there, all fucked up exactly like that.

But Nirvana was retro in the sense that what was brought to the table was fresh, exciting, and good music, good tunes with great lyrics but it wasn't anywhere near as influential, important, or unique as what Hendrix accomplished. Especially not as original.

It's not that Kurt wasn't a good guitar player. In his genre he was great. It's just that Jimi was the best at what he did, surpassing everyone and still undefeated in the value of his musical contributions to the world as a guitar player to this day.

Even if it's apples to oranges, it's still just another Steven brain fart. It's silly and untrue.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am a huge fan of both

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck off is my answer :lol: And you wont find a bigger Cobain fan or defender of his guitar playing and I'm well aware of its merits but on a level with Hendrix?!? Just so's I'm not misunderstood Kurts guitar playing is as far from Jimi's, on ANY level, as I am to being an elderly Irish lady from the 16th Century.

Jimi fuckin' Hendrix, are you having a fuckin' laugh, it must be April Twats Day.

Bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks and bollocks again, thats my take on it.

Edited by Len B'stard