Dear Fermanager,: A Retrospective

magisme

If Dexter returns, there we be all these people who called him a lazy nutjob two days ago sucking up to him.

Quoted for truth. Fans are sheeps. When Axl came here, I told him "You are not Guns N' Roses". What else should I have done? Anything more critical would have been deleted. Edited by Roky

I thought it was cool, and I really don't see the point of rubbing shit in the guys face for actually communicating with us, even though he didn't divulge anything related to new music,future of band etc etc.

You guys do know that even though TB might have the title of manager, Axl is the boss and will continue to do pretty much what he wants when he wants, right?

Is Fernando supposed to storm into Axl's room and give him an ultimatum/commit suicide?

Like it or not, Team Brazil and Del are obviously like family to the guy and he's obviously struggled with being happy in his life for a long time (I know, poor rich rockstar)...

I appreciated that Fernando showed a bit of humour and perhaps frustration too...I'm not interested in party passes or sucking anybody's dick but I really don't see the point in shitting on the guy when (I believe) he has very little control over what Axl does.

And I saw a few posts that were deleted, and I think the mods made the right call.

Fernando posting here only makes sense if he is going to address the issues. If he comes here only to make friends and talk about his favorite food. Then we´re better off without him. I couldn´t care less about his favorite food!!! Or another option could be for him to talk about irrelevant things and make friends in the anything goes section not the main GN´R

A lot of people are overreacting here.

I'm not sure what kind of comments you're referring to.

The evil mods deleted them obviously.

..only joking!

Just to reiterate what Russ said, plenty of criticism was left untouched in that thread, I doubt Fernando was left unaware of the range in opinions. The general rule, particularly when directly addressing a guest here, is if you post something that would make your Mum* ashamed of your manners it will be deleted.

*if your Mum wouldn't be bothered there's no hope for you really :-p

• Like 1

He came, he saw, he told us jack shit and fucked off again, leaving downzy to inform us that he's "busy".

So that was uneventful. :lol:

What are your thoughts on Fermanager's visit? Has it changed your thoughts on TB and the band? If so, how so? Or, conversely, did he simply confirm your feelings?

I have to keep this post brief for now, but here's my quick breakdown:

Pros: He showed up and didn't have an Axl type meltdown.

Cons: Everything Else.

Noteworthy Memory: His disappearing like a coward after "noted. lol. sad," unable to tell us himself he won't be back for awhile.

Maybe english isnt his first language. It may be hard to communicate for him.

Please dont call him a coward. He is Guns n Roses. He deserves more respect than Slash.

Are you serious, English aint his first language thats why you get fuck all news? :lol:

In summary:

Fernando aka Damage Controller Damager was mostly nice, showed good humor, looked less bloated.

Standards are so low that having Fernando here talking about random stuff looked exciting to some mods/less critical fans. I think it was cool too but completely pointless, in the end.

Bashing the guy and his mom would've been pointless as well, the fair criticism and jokes remained untouched, kudos for the mod team.

Like Doom said, it's Axl who runs the show, not Fernando. Don't blame him for being unable to say a single good thing about the future of Axl's band.

Axl is done as an artist and won't release anything anymore. Axl's band is over. Quote this in 2-4 months if you wish. Will Fernando make a return then? Probably.

• Like 1

A lot of people are overreacting here.

I'm not sure what kind of comments you're referring to.

Just the ones moaning about him saying nothing of note and complaining that people were being too nice to him, not to mention bitching about moderating.

I mean, I guess it still proves that there are people out there who still have expectations that this "band" will somehow start behaving differently and be fan friendly.

They haven't paid too much attention if that is the case. This has been going on arguably since the 80's. Nothing has changed and nothing ever will.

If Fernando posting here was some sort of attempt at damage control then I remain unconvinced. Because it was a pretty piss poor effort at doing that. He did what? Make one vague promise of an update and answered a couple of off-topic questions. Doesn't appear to be damage control to me.

He got narky once, despite numerous people taking the piss, albeit in a less meaner way than usual. I honestly don't think he was here for any specific purpose other than deciding to respond to your thread.

Given that I have zero expectations for this band (any rational person should at this point) I really didn't give a shit at his lack of response to the numerous questions. I don't think he ever indicated that the thread would be a question and answer session either, it sort of evolved into that.

As for the mods, I had a post deleted but got an explanation straight away that was perfectly understandable.

TL;DR - Mods weren't over the top in my opinion, Fernando didn't promise much, and as such delivered :lol: People still care too much, despite the overwhelming evidence to date that all it brings is anger and disappointment. At this stage, those people only have themselves to blame for being so bloody gullible.

• Like 2

I must be the only one who thought Fernando was making fun of magisme the whole time. I'm not sure if he realized this and played ball or not. Aside from that, I was surprised Fernando wasn't posting in his common crybaby Axl-style like he did the last time he visited the forum. He didn't take things seriously which is cool.

I would say, though, that I'm disappointed that some of the "fuck TB" posters were kissing him ass nonstop. The stupid "what is your favorite CD song" "what is your favorite country food?" questions were cringeworthy. If that happens when an Axl employee visits the forum, what would happen if Axl shows up? :lol:

• Like 2

I would say, though, that I'm disappointed that some of the "fuck TB" posters were kissing him ass nonstop. The stupid "what is your favorite CD song" "what is your favorite country food?" questions were cringeworthy. If that happens when an Axl employee visits the forum, what would happen if Axl shows up? :lol:

With me being one of the harshest critics I felt like I had stumbled into bizarro world :D

But seriously, I felt it was cute when some of these kids showed their more sweet side and dropped the tough act. They really are just frustrated fans who lash out and act up.

• Like 1

Anyone that is still posting on a GNR forum these days is obviously a fan.

I have called Team Brazil/Axl every damn imaginable insult possible over the years, because I was annoyed at the way everything was being handled. These days I don't care. I've accepted it, no matter how shit that is as a fan.

So if the above show up and aren't being dicks I don't see any particular reason to lay into them. Take the piss? Yeah I'll do that alright. Now if they show up and are being assholes to the people who stuck with this bullshit for years then yeah, I'll give them a piece of my mind.

Otherwise I don't really care.

• Like 3

3- Moderators should stop protecting Fernando and others when they come here. I heard many posts were deleted for nothing because of criticism. They need to know, y'know? This is not HTGTH.

No critical posts were deleted that were not disrespectful or already mentioned. If you took issue with TB's or GNR's activity (or lack thereof), we left your post alone so long as it didn't tell people to fuck off, was unnecessarily antagonistic or inappropriate, or the point was made previously within the same thread.

I'll remind everyone that you may have found the conversation pointless but many didn't. Many enjoy and appreciate having a direct connection to a member of GNR management. If you didn't find it worthwhile, you don't need to participate. The purpose of the conversation wasn't to answer every burning question we all have with respect to GNR's plans going forward.

Expressing frustration and disappointment is one thing, but speaking to someone as if they're deserving of hate and ridicule is another.

• Like 1

Since the Alan Niven days no other GN´R manager have accomplished much with Axl. Although I believe TB are not qualified for the job, the way Axl operates shows that he can´t have a real manager. Sure Goldstein or Merck would´ve handled the DJ and BBF issues better. But the fact remains they left. I guess they left because they see no future with GN´R

The thing that pisses me off is the "few months" bullshit!. Fank has also said 2016. Axl needs 2 new guitar players. Only some starbing guy who plays guitar in the street to earn a few bucks a day would join the band at this point. On top of that we all know that few months always turns into 10 years or maybe never.

I hate that Fernando wants to insult our intelligence with the few months comment

Maybe your intelligence was insulted, mine as was not; because Fernando didn't say they would add two new guitarists in a few months, or anything that would require the addtion of new members, he merely stated we would hopefully get news in a few months' time.

As for the original post and questions: I felt Fernando's visit to mygnr was another example of TB's inability to communicate with the fan base in a professional manner. Yes, he was amiable, but we expect professionalism. Or maybe we don't at this point but we really should from managers of a band of GN'R's stature. We expect clarity, we expect messages that we can trust. We expect someone who addresses our questions or, if they can't, at least in a professional manner tells us why not. Not someone who comes across as as clueless and amateurish as most of us. Fernando's got an important job, maybe he should act like it?

Why he had to say "maybe in a few months" when he knows better than anyone that most likely that won´t be the case? Is it too hard for him to figure out that those words would keep some fans expecting something to happen when in reality nothing will? Doesn´t he know we have heard Richard, Dizzy or Frank say similar things a million times for the last 3 years or so? With his comment about magisme and the 3 hours meeting he confirmed he reads forums. He knows what goes on. Yet he made that comment!!!

Anyway, as you said he comes as cluless and acting unprofessional trying to save face or whatever it was that he was trying to do

Im sure someone will delete this post of mine too, on that thread when people were asking regarding the band, no one got a proper reply, so people started to ask general stuff which is ok and if someone is offensive and dis respectful then of course those things should be deleted.

When I got no reply for my band related questions, I just asked Generally that Fernando, what did you have for breakfast? yeah its a dumb question, but well it was deleted cause some one found it ridiculous and told me that it could be a thing which I could be given a warning point, but people asked him if he was named after an ABBA song and what is his or Axl's dogs name? that is not ridiculous? If others ask Ridiculous questions then its a joke? when I ask then it seems to be offensive?

Downzy, I din't tell Fernando or anyone in that thread to fuck off, nor i said anything bad or Inappropriate, as a fan we have a right to take out our anger but I din't say anything bad nor I will say anything bad cause he was our Guest here. But tell me was my post Delete worthy?

Edited by Slash787

I just viewed it as a "breaking the ice" type of deal. Like a step made to possibly have more contact with us directly in the future. Not meant to give us answers persay, but we did get confirmation finally that BBF is out and that we havent seen the last of Axl. There really wasnt any negative from his visit.

• Like 1