I met one of my favorite heavy metal singers last night-Phil Anselmo of PANTERA/DOWN

Subtle Signs

Nice shirt.

Awesme, Phil is great

I wasn't sure what to expect based on things I had read but on this night the dude couldn't have been cooler. Before he came out security told us he wouldn't stop since the band had done a paid meet and greet. Half of the people waiting had to be between 16-21 so I'm sure Phil knows not all of those kids had a spare $125 for a meet and greet.

• Like 1

Did he comment on the GNR shirt? For that matter, did anyone else comment on your GNR shirt? Just curious, awesome story, glad you got to meet him. Pantera is legendary of course, and, to me, the first Down album Nola is one of the top 10 metal albums of the 90s.

He seems to get that sort of aloof heavy metal asshole reputation in the press - glad to hear it isn't necessarily true in person! Awesome story and amazing pictures.

it seems like he has changed a lot since getting off heroin. down is awesome and pantera was one of those bands from my childhood that got me into metal.

awesome pic.

• Like 1

Truly fucking awesome! Anselmo is my favorite metal vocalist of all time. Pantera is my favorite metal band and Down has been my favorite band for some years now. Best concert I ever went to, surely I'm biased but it was pretty awesome. Was smoking a couple of secret agents (joints in cigarette papers) and people around started noticing. "Theres a weed man somewhere, who's the weed man?" so I started passing it around.

When I got back home (it was at a festival) I saw some pictures on facebook. Some friends who had graduated from High school had posted some pictures with Phil and the other guys from Down, they had been drinking at one of my favorite bars in my hometown! What I would give to stumble upon them like that. Of course the ones meeting them had no clue who they were.