Did Slash really stop drinking?

Slash stops everything since 2006, he is now sober for sure. He only drinks water, he's a fn' water junkie :lol:
He quit smoking in 2009 after his mother passed away.

The only thing is that he is still addicted to snus. He has some on stage while playing in front of people !

Slash stops everything since 2006, he is now sober for sure. He only drinks water, he's a fn' water junkie :lol:

He quit smoking in 2009 after his mother passed away.

The only thing is that he is still addicted to snus. He has some on stage while playing in front of people !

I hope he leaves Snus also, its not good for the teeth.

I know he has been sober, but he din't have a single sip of Alcohol occasionally? like Vodka or something on a special occasion?

But its good he hasn't had, its hard to control your urself, Personally If I talk about myself I have stopped drinking since Jan and I know myself that if I have one sip, then it means at least 5 bottles.

I'm sure he's drinking wine time to time.

Honestly, I've never seen him drinking wine backstage at the gigs. Even the Conspirators don't drink. What a boring band ! :lol:

I think Slash pushed himself too far in excess in the past that he can't drink alcohol anymore without totally falling again into it. I mean it's nothing or everything.

Perla drinks alcohol though and keep on smoking.

i know there will soon be a few guys goin ''you shouldnt care if he does drink or not''

sure it makes me no difference and i will see him live and buy his new album regardless

but for my own personal reasons ;

1. i am always interested how successful alcoholics are in quittin drinkin

2. i am always interested how honest are musicians who i support with my own money

i love slash all the same if he stays sober or drinks himself to death, so i hope the forum police leaves me alone

but i doubt he hasn't touched alcohoc since 2006 or 7

i know Perla is about to stop being his wife, but nonetheless she seems fucked up all the time - you follow her on twitter you see she drinks for breakfast - and somehow I dont' see it work when you used to be this hardcore alcoholic sleeping on speedbumps or your own mansion and your wife doesn't support you in your decision - she drinks like a fish.

i mean, that's just me. Slash says he is comfortable with people drinking around him, so, only he knows.

on the other hand, that may be what set them apart. and on the other hand, i also can't seem to imagine Slash learning to drink responsibly. I think when you have an alcohol problem, you either drink or you don't. there's no one offs.

11aigef.jpg

this picture is from august 2011. notice the ice cold half empty bottle of vodka on the right? notice the red cup to Slash's right? do you really see Slash playing checkers with a bold dude, drinkin cola and letting his guest help himself to a bottle of vodka? no chasers, no glasses, no nutn.

I don't know, I wish I knew, tho. Not for the tabloid reasons, but for the honesty reasons. Nobody judges Slash if he drinks or not, so if he ever lied about it - what fo?

oh, and for the record - i watch every single GNR interview I can lay my filthy hands on, and I swear I have seen about 3-4 interviews of him with a lit cigarette in his hands - interviews conducted post 2009 for sure. I paid attention and made sure to identify the approx date.

again, i don't care if he smokes or not. changes nothing. but worth noting. and i don't say he lies to people and smokes off camera. surely not. seen him chew this swedish tobacco a lot more often. all i'm sayin, i saw a few videos of him smokin an occasional fag (lol) post 2009, is all. maybe ran out of this swedish tobacco and really needed a fix?

I know it's his decision. I will always love and support him..no matter what. I just wish he would be honest.

I know ..it's sounds weird but it's like you can't trust him anymore. I always thought he's a very honest person after reading his book and many interviews. He admitted his mistakes.And just like I've said before..he sounds really convincing. I just hope for him that it's not getting that bad as it was with GN'R or that he starts doing drugs again or something.

But thank's for the replies ,guys !!!

I know it's his decision. I will always love and support him..no matter what. I just wish he would be honest.

I know ..it's sounds weird but it's like you can't trust him anymore. I always thought he's a very honest person after reading his book and many interviews. He admitted his mistakes.And just like I've said before..he sounds really convincing. I just hope for him that it's not getting that bad as it was with GN'R or that he starts doing drugs again or something.

But thank's for the replies ,guys !!!

I loved his book and can quote chunks of it (sad, I know!) and I was really taken by how much he admitted to in that book. It was gobsmacking at times! But no autobiography is going to be 100% honest. (I doubt 100% honesty is achievable in anything - we edit ourselves without even realising.) I'm sure there will be things he's skated over in that book.

I would like to know if he is genuinely off booze and fags too. Just cos I am interested in the guy.

I think he got sober for real in 2008.... He got back on pills with VR, then he went to wine and beer... I think he was drinking on the Libertad tour/album... I think he first "clean" album was the self titled SLASH... And his playing is much sharper. That said, I have seen a couple shows where he had enough bum notes to make me wonder. Either way, compared to the past you might as well call him stone cold sober.

I would like to know if he is genuinely off booze and fags too. Just cos I am interested in the guy.

i would hope he was never on those

lol jk

That's not a joke, you're just an asshole.

after i posted i kinda figured that would be the responses i got

for what its worth i don't have anything against gays...i just saw the opportunity at a (immature) joke and took it

• Like 1

i would hope he was never on those

lol jk

That's not a joke, you're just an asshole.

after i posted i kinda figured that would be the responses i got

for what its worth i don't have anything against gays...i just saw the opportunity at a (immature) joke and took it

It's gay central where I live and I'm friendly with many - very friendly. One of my erstwhile lodgers is gay. I didn't take offence at the joke. Maybe not the best joke but still just a joke.