What happened to the alleged GNR biopic?

sweetness

The very cool people that have optioned Reckless Road to be made into a movie are also working on many other projects but at some point when they are ready to move forward, they will have to work with all the lawyers and the band to get it made. I already gave them all of my imput now its up to them.

• Like 3

The very cool people that have optioned Reckless Road to be made into a movie are also working on many other projects but at some point when they are ready to move forward, they will have to work with all the lawyers and the band to get it made. I already gave them all of my imput now its up to them.

Got a question that you might be able to answer. Whenever this GNR biopic gets going eventually is it true that it will be a pretty legit/big budget biopic ? Like with the maybe A-List actor/s featured in it like some of the rumors have suggested ?

Yes the people that have optioned Reckless Road are A list and would only do it if they could do it right, I wouldn't have worked with them if not. I just saw the NWA movie last night, the history of a band like that is so important.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Speaking of NWA, how bad did you think LA cops were in the 80s? I heard about shows being shut down in LA and Orange County and cops would be beating and kicking some of the kids. I know the stories that bands had to be sneaky about doing flyers, but what would happen when the cops caught GNR and the other bands?

I think it was more about the fire dept. shuting down parties. Some cops could get a bug up their ass and fuck with people for no reason. Now everyone has a smart phone and records it so you think things would be better now but we keep seeing shit on the news about these things still going on.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Yes the people that have optioned Reckless Road are A list and would only do it if they could do it right, I wouldn't have worked with them if not. I just saw the NWA movie last night, the history of a band like that is so important.

That movie is awesome because ICE CUBE brought it to life. It's his story to tell.

It's great that one of the band members from NWA took on that project but Reckless Road has like 20 people including band members telling the story not just one. Which makes it better because there are so many different points of view to how things went down. There are enough stories in Reckless Road to make 4 different really great movies.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Marc, here is an idea for you: a documentary film on gnr with yourself producing? It could be called Reckless Road and be tied in with your book if you wish it so; use your music and video collection. I am not excited by the notion of a 'acted' film but this I would support. You can thank me later with a share in the profits.

i don't see a gnr biopic being done in the near future. maybe in 20 or 30 years.
i still haven't seen the nwa movie, but "the doors" by oliver stone wasn't very good. In fact, good movies about rock bands have never been done. It seems that rock music and cinema don't mix well. :shrugs:

a documentary about gnr would probably be more interesting than a movie.

Edited by My Name is Trinity

In light of the revelation that Axl and slash are apparently on speaking terms again, this motion picture suddenly seems a lot more likely, which is cool

I was a bit disappointed to see NWA already took the most dangerous group in the world tag line. We should have got in there first.

In light of the revelation that Axl and slash are apparently on speaking terms again, this motion picture suddenly seems a lot more likely, which is cool

I was a bit disappointed to see NWA already took the most dangerous group in the world tag line. We should have got in there first.
Agreed
  • Like 1

Don't get your hopes up. Band members are not going to sign off on any movie.

What are you basing this on?

Slash already said something opposed to this type of idea and it's obvious that it's not Axl's cup of tea.

It's great that one of the band members from NWA took on that project but Reckless Road has like 20 people including band members telling the story not just one. Which makes it better because there are so many different points of view to how things went down. There are enough stories in Reckless Road to make 4 different really great movies.

That seems like a lot of opinions to work off of...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get your hopes up. Band members are not going to sign off on any movie.

What are you basing this on?

Slash already said something opposed to this type of idea and it's obvious that it's not Axl's cup of tea.

That's probably true, but imagine if there is a reunion tour in the works how great this would be for the band too, marketing-wise.