Ron discusses a time Axl's plane lands 1min before airport closes, talks about riots that almost happened...

Towelie

Eh, not trying to excuse Axl but if you join the band you know what you're getting at this point. Building your expectations around the

potential that Axl might decide to be consistent is a recipe for disaster. I prefer the interviews with Brain about GnR, he comes off as more appreciative of the whole experience while still acknowledging a lot of the crazy things Axl did, whereas BBF comes off as bitter ( granted, in a few years I would imagine he'll mellow out a bit ).

Ron is waaay too good for NuGNR. Best off out of there so he can use his talents for things more productive than covering Slash's old guitar parts.

From the setlists posted that's kinda what he's still doing.

Ron is waaay too good for NuGNR. Best off out of there so he can use his talents for things more productive than covering Slash's old guitar parts.

From the setlists posted that's kinda what he's still doing.

The man has released two brilliant albums this year since quitting Guns (one solo, one with Art of Anarchy). I would say that's putting his talents to far better use than covering Slash's guitar parts at nostalgia shows in Vegas. And he doesn't play much GNR stuff overall, perhaps at that one show, but these aren't gigs, they are clinics, where he sits on a stage, guitar in hand and interacts with the audience. It's not like he comes up with a setlist for it or anything.

Edited by Towelie

Has anyone ever been on or waited on a plane? Do people think Axl can control erratic plane schedules? I've waited on quite a few planes to come in and they've been late every time. We already know there was bad weather in the area...weather bad enough to spawn tornadoes, apparently. Do you realize bad weather is a HUGE cause of flight delays?

But no, Axl is a god and can control flight schedules. E

EDIT: Also, Ron didn't put any blame on Axl in that video. He just said Axl was *almost* a no show, due to the plane being late. I'm not an Axl defender or a defender of anyone really. I just believe in looking at the facts and not making ANY assumptions based on those facts.

Edited by Amish

Has anyone ever been on or waited on a plane? Do people think Axl can control erratic plane schedules? I've waited on quite a few planes to come in and they've been late every time. We already know there was bad weather in the area...weather bad enough to spawn tornadoes, apparently. Do you realize bad weather is a HUGE cause of flight delays?

EDIT: Also, Ron didn't put any blame on Axl in that video. He just said Axl was *almost* a no show, due to the plane being late. I'm not an Axl defender or a defender of anyone really. I just believe in looking at the facts and not making ANY assumptions based on those facts.

He has a private jet.

He has a private jet.

You can't just fly away in your private jet as you please. You still need good weather and clearance from air traffic controllers to take off or land.

Lol about what? I'm not some stupid in-denial-defend everything kind of guy, but I'm also not about to go off on assumptions and make up my own facts. And it's not that I even necessarily care about this single issue, I just get tired of seeing people run with a "fact" based off nothing.

Also, to be fair, didn't Axl run into a burning house and save a dog or something a few years ago?

No one's a bigger critic of A. Rose than I am, but I just thought it pertinent to mention that.

You can't just fly away in your private jet as you please. You still need good weather and clearance from air traffic controllers to take off or land.

Very true, but do you think that was the case here? :rolleyes: