GNR 2017

We are in the middle of 2015 and people are asking what will happen in 2017?

Axl time. He's always ahead of the game but late to the party. Makes him slightly better than mainstream IMO :)

Ask me again half way through 2016.

GNR fan answer of the last century :)

I used to be excited about the delays.. now it's just par for the course. (i fucking hate that saying)

In 80's it was.. when will we hear Don't cry or Nov Rain on an album. Now it's.. Who's in the band?.. never mind new music recorded.

Axl is ahead of the game? Axl is probably one of the least intelligent artists I've ever seen. Dude refused to promote his own comeback album. #Genius

As for OP's question: I hope MyGNR is still around, Axl's band will be dead as dead can be, Axl's done as an artist, CD was his last effort.

• Like 1

The only way to see some new material from this band, and with "band" I mean something that was made on the chinese era with guys that left the band before the new guy that already left even joined, is by Axl dying and team Brazil selling the leftovers whatever they may be.

Maybe Axl will be reading mygnr again (on a fake account) or keep posting "stupid and unfunny stuff via his personal twitter" as most will call it; who knows maybe nothing. Guess we have to see what 2016 throws first; don't hold your breath btw. After all, it's all on Axl's time... ;)

Where do we think the band will be and what will they be doing?

Simple question lets discuss. This sounds like Axl time to me :)

This can be answered in so many ways. You have the obvious wishful dreams, and then you have the overly cynical skepticisms, and everything inbetween. One approach could be to compare the situation now, as far as we understand it, to other periods in GN'R history and go from there. We assume there is a record more or less finished. When did this last happen? In 2002? And it took 6 years for it to be released. Sure, the situation wasn't identical, Axl seemed much more driven back then, he had a working lineup, and backing from a label. So probably more than 6 six years. But he's had the album more or less ready since 2008, presumably, so there's already been 7 years. The way I think Axl operates, is that he could get the record released pretty quickly if he was just in the mood for it. But I think he is subject to eratically changing interests and long periods of inactivity/fatigue, whichb means that it is pretty random if he suddenly enjoys a spurt of activity which could last all the way until release (or maybe just take him a bit futher in the process before something else catches his interest and focus, or he succumbs to a new period of inactivity). So what would then the chance be of a this happening any given year? Well, apparently not more than 1/7, unless there is a cyclical aspect to his activity patterns and that another round of activity is coming up. To not be pessimistic I will stick to the constant chance of it being about 15 % likely that he will release new music in any given year in the near future. In other words, I don't think 2017 will be a year with new music, and as for what the band will be doing: either touring or more likely, focussing on other projects.

By 2017 they will either have put a record out in 2016 or they won't have. If they haven't they could tour with new guitarists to keep afloat with talk of a 2018 release.

I mean it's not outside the realms of possibility for Axl to stay away until 2020 and still pop up with a record and tour.

Theres so many variations that it's impossible to talk in absolutes. 2030 CD era box set release, Axl plays couple shows in NYC to celebrate.

If I'm wildly positive I'd say next year pit out the record, get a vouple viitarists vained vup van vet veddy vo vit ver voad. Then 2017 World Tour kicks off in Vienna.

My best guess is Axl is working now on getting CD ll out in 2016, while the Guns camp is trying to find replacements for Bumble and DJ.

I think Axl will probably want to tour and support CD ll, so I wonder if he would mind if there's a gap between CD ll's release and the CD ll/greatest hits tour like there was last time. (about a year with no tour)

Seems more ideal to tour right after the release.