Are slashs new music a collaborative effort?

Mendez

Do you happen to know if slashs new songs with myles are a collaborative effort with the band (besides possibly myles;/like rhythym guitarist etc) or soley under slashs control?

I remember watching an interview from Andrew Stockdale saying to the band (at the time) "what if we do this part like this?" And they just said I think we should follow what the producer says.

Simply, is the band strictly session musicians (play what you're told and tour) or is it a collaborative band?

I'm not Marc who does a good job with his responses, but from what I've heard, it's mainly Slash having a guitar idea/riff/song structure/theme/etc. and, pretty much, everyone else will play off of that, thinking of their own ways of filling in their parts as appropriately as the song demands it to be. For Myles, he will hear Slash's riffs and ideas and will do his best to fill his vocal melodies and lyrics in accordance with Slash's idea of what the song should be, thematically. The songs that he does a phenomenal job in terms of playing off of Slash's vision of the song are songs like The Unholy and Beneath The Savage Sun.

It's quite a different contrast though when Myles is working with Mark Tremonti in Alter Bridge, though, where both guys will not come in with full song ideas, but mainly riffs and song structures and ideas from each guy and pretty much put their heads together and work out the song in a 50/50 structure together.

Edited by Anguyen92

I am not around when Slash is working on songs with his band but my guess is that Slash after hearing the songs, comes up with the riffs and most of the music that is in the songs and myles comes up with the lyrics and melodies and the rest of the band adds in there 2 cents or ideas and they work it all out together. I guess if you look at the songwriting credits you might learn more about who may else be involved.

Edited by recklessroad