Man Uses Custom Prosthetics in His Quest to Live as a Goat

SoulMonster

1439591450-0.jpg

He's living the dream, I tell you. None of us have come as close to the full goat lifestyle. But there he is, beside his caprine brothers and sisters, eating grass on a steep hillside.

Thomas Thwaites is an artist in London. In the past, he attempted to build a toaster from scratch. That's no small effort, since his starting point was personally mining and smelting the iron.

As you might expect, this project inevitably led him to attempt to live as a goat. He explained to the Daily Mail that this animal-inspired lifestyle could offer people an alternative to a future of cybernetics:

Thwaites, who is interested in transhumanism, believes not everyone will want to become a cyborg in the future.

Biorobotics, he told Motherboad, could be used by people to de-volve instead of evolve.

‘I initially wanted to be an elephant, but it wasn’t going very well,’ said Thwaites. ‘I visited a shaman, and she said “you’re an idiot”. So, I decided to be a goat.’

Thwaites worked with a zoologist to develop the custom prothetic limbs. He's now attempting to cross the Alps with a particular herd of goats.

Source: http://www.neatorama.com/2015/08/14/Man-Uses-Custom-Prosthetics-in-His-Quest-to-Live-as-a-Goat/

• Like 1

I figure you wannabe an idiot, stay human, animals are pretty sensible all told, they know what they want, they stay in their lane, they act generally upon necessity and essential propulsions.

I'm so happy to be a part of the true idiot species though, stuff like this is golden :lol:

Ahh, disappointed now! It turns out it was only a three-day project:

This is the man so intruiged by goats he gave it all up to live with them in the mountains.

Thomas Thwaites spent three days as part of a herd in the Swiss Alps while investigating goat behaviour.

He used special prosthetic limbs made to enable him to move around on all fours easily.

And the designer even considered having a fake stomach fitted to let him to eat grass, just like his four-legged friends.

He told Mashable: "My goal was to take a holiday from the pain and worry of being a self-conscious being, able to regret the past and worry about the future."

Mr Thwaites is a British conceptual designer interested in how humans will use technology to fulfil their desires

But being a goat wasn't a completely care-free existence.

He told Motherboard: "I was able to keep up for maybe a kilometre or so on this migration down the side of this kind of rocky mountain, and then they just left me in the dust.

"So I spent the rest of the day trying to catch up to them and eventually I found them again, and it was quite nice, in the actual soft grassy pasture bit.

"But actually heading down the mountain was petrifying. Because if I fell I didn’t have any hands to stop me from hitting a rock."

Thwaites has written a book about his experiences, called ‘GoatMan; How I Took a Holiday from Being Human’.

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/meet-man-who-gave-up-6251934

Goat.jpg

High on a hill was a lonely goatherd

Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo

Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd

Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Folks in a town that was quite remote heard

Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo

Lusty and clear from the goatherd's throat heard

Lay ee odl lay ee odl-ooh

O ho lay dee odl lee o, o ho lay dee odl ay

O ho lay dee odl lee o, lay dee odl lee o lay