Saw the nwa movie-no axl

movies are generally 120 minutes long... if they included these kind of footnotes in the final version, biopics would be 28 hours long.

i mean, slash and duff recording a song with eazy-e that hasn't even been released, and axl wearing a nwa cap, that's not even worth a footnote in nwa's history, i'm sorry guys, but it's completely irrelelevant.

Edited by supercool

NWA opening for GN'R back in the late 80s/early 90s would have been a weird combo. Lets face it, most hard rock fans do no like gangster rap, and vice versa. I could see it being more acceptable now a days, but definitely not back then.

It was like NIN opening for GN'R back in the 90s. Stuck-up hard rock fans didn't like NIN because they were different at the time.

Edited by RJ88

why would axl be mentioned in a biopic about nwa?

you guys are obsessed about axl

lol

by the way, if one day there was a gnr biopic, why would nwa be mentioned?

It's an interesting tidbit about a HUGE band wanting to taken NWA out on the road.

According to Dj Yella, it was a pretty big deal

We were supposed to do shows with Guns N’ Roses and they were gonna give us $25,000 for five minutes of work. [Jerry Heller] turned them down and wanted too much—he wanted $50,000. If the tour would have happened, Dre might not have left. Stuff started getting funny and that is when everything started going haywire. It was crazy when he left at first but it was the best thing he done, Cube too! Guns N’ Roses wasn’t doing Rap shows in little sports arenas or amphitheaters they were doing coliseums with 100,000 people. That would have boosted N.W.A. up way bigger than what it already was! […] That was almost the nail in the coffin!”

"lol"

Edited by Chris 55

• 2 weeks later...