When was the last time you pulled a sicky?

Towelie

Am thinking I'm about due. Fuck em. Besides, it gives the zero hour contract workers something to be cheerful about.

When was the last time you pulled one and what are your go-to excuses? Flu or sickness/diarrhea just seem so unimaginative.

Edited by Towelie

Yesterday, I got home and went to bed at 6am...

Caught up with lost sleep.

I didn't actually say I was sick though and used this text that my agency sent as an excuse, but I wasn't going to make that anyway.

Am thinking I'm about due. Fuck em. Besides, it gives the zero hour contract workers something to be cheerful about.

When was the last time you pulled one and what are your go-to excuses? Flu or sickness/diarrhea just seem so unimaginative.

Isn't zero hour contracts unpaid sick leave?

Edited by Snake-Pit

I've never done it.

There's always one. :rolleyes:

Yesterday, I got home and went to bed at 6am...

Caught up with lost sleep.

I didn't actually say I was sick though and used this text that my agency sent as an excuse, but I wasn't going to make that anyway.

Isn't zero hour contracts unpaid sick leave?

Zero-hour contract staff are relief staff who only work as and when needed. It's very tempting to ring in when you know someone will bite your hand off to get your shift. It's like a victimless crime.

Edited by Towelie

We get Paid Leave at my job. I get two days per month.

We don't have to give an excuse.

You can just call, text or email your supervisor or the front desk receptionist and say "Not coming in today." You don't have to give an excuse.

Is that as well as annual leave?

Unfortunately most employers treat staff more like robots than human beings.

Edited by Towelie

We get Paid Leave at my job. I get two days per month.

We don't have to give an excuse.

You can just call, text or email your supervisor or the front desk receptionist and say "Not coming in today." You don't have to give an excuse.

Is that as well as annual leave?

Unfortunately most employers treat staff more like robots than human beings.

We just get one leave bank of paid leave. You can use it for whatever you want - vacation, sick, you just want a day off, etc.

I get two days per month and have saved up about 250 hours into my bank right now. But I'm about to take a month off for vacation, so that will cut that down to 90 hours. But, the cool thing, is you still accrue while you are on Vacation!

So not only will I get paid my normal salary for the month off, but I'll also earn two days of leave while I'm out on vacation.

When I left my last job and was informed I could only cash in annual leave, not sick leave. Came down with something real quick. Before that was several years ago, pretty sure I was hung over. Now I love my job and will probably save it till our off season.

last year after a snow storm the town side walk guy pushed all the snow into the back of my drive way. so on top of almost 3 feet of snow i had a bunch of side walk and road snow pushed into the end of my drive way. the snow was up to the back window, so when i came out at 6 in the morning i said fuck it and called in.

I was ill at work today...

Lime green phlegm coughed up, light headed, took 1 ibuprofen with a banana this morning before I left and... 2 x 500mg paracetamols with a tangerine just before breaking for lunch.

Was 2 hours late today.

Told no one I was feeling ill -

.. Except this thread, that is.
Edited by Snake-Pit

Lime green phlegm coughed up, light headed, took 1 ibuprofen with a banana this morning before I left and... 2 x 500mg paracetamols with a tangerine just before breaking for lunch.

Was 2 hours late today.

AIDS.

I used to chuck sickies all the time.

Until a few months ago I was out of work for about a year and a half though (after getting made redundant) and it really changed my attitude towards work and in a way, life.

I've always wanted to be one of those fuckers that shows up on time every day and is always there, that's what I'm doing with my job now.

It does depend on what your employer is like, I'm grateful to work for good people.

Was 2 hours late today.

AIDS.

The odds against it are slimmer than snakepits gonna be when the disease really starts to take hold.

I'm not in the greatest employment status at the moment, so I don't get sick days. I get attendance violations. I called in for one attendance violation in the 7 months I've worked here so far. I probably could have toughed it out because I was quite a bit better by the time my shift was scheduled to begin. But I wanted to give them ample time to call in someone else, and it was probably the best thing for my body anyway, and I got to recover a little bit from the non-stop 55-65 hour weeks.

Was 2 hours late today.

AIDS.

The odds against it are slimmer than snakepits gonna be when the disease really starts to take hold.

Hssssss... I use condoms, mostly, and run to the clinic if need be.