Can we agree that This I Love is the most popular nuGn'R song?

3 million views on an unofficial song video is something huge....and far more popular than whatever else was published from CD on Youtube.

So from Youtube hard data I come to the following conclusions, these are the 2 most popular songs ever:

- Gn'R - November Rain - 418 million(!!!!) views (official vid)

- nuGn'R - This I Love - 3 million views (non official vid)

Edited by trqster

After the first position theres a real fucking drop off.

I had 400 skittles and i gave my sister 3. I win.

But yes I think might be right TIL is the most popular CD song. Id like to think Better and TWAT are up there.

The ones I like are Chi dem, Scraped, Riad, IRS, ITW probably arent even on youtube.

From my search on youtube these are the most popular nuGn'R songs from unofficial vids:

- This I Love - 3 million views

- Better - 1.2 miilion views

- Street of Dreams - 622k views

- Chinese Democracy - 380k views

So apart from Better it's also a reliable assumption that Gn'R is basically popular for the ballads...

• Like 1

Well depends what you mean by popular, the fat woman falling through the trapdoor was a pretty popular vid on youtube too but I'm reasonably certain people were taking the piss out of it.

So you disagree that November Rain & This I Love are popular Gn'R songs then? Interesting point of view...

Well depends what you mean by popular, the fat woman falling through the trapdoor was a pretty popular vid on youtube too but I'm reasonably certain people were taking the piss out of it.

So you disagree that November Rain & This I Love are popular Gn'R songs then? Interesting point of view...

November Rain is popular, yes.

This I Love is such an embarassing offering from Axl that it's embarassing if this is in fact the most popular nuGnR song.

Non fans and casual fans would know of Better and CD much more than This I Love and to be honest if you played these songs for non fans and casual GnR fans my guess is This I Love would get laughed at because it truly is awful. The only people racking up that many views on youtube for This I Love are crazy fans. Probably from South America only. I don't think I've ever youtubed "This I Love" to be honest.

People whoever know about some NuGNR songs like Better.

There are some people who like TIL also, my GF who well I haven't talked to since a month, she doesn't likes GNR, but I told her a few GNR songs and TIL is one of her fav. songs now.

But people generally prefer Better.

In terms of CD popularity This I love is a popular song. Would it be in the same ball park as November rain, Welcome to the jungle etc? No! obviously not! but you just had to have attended one of the concerts in 2012 or further on to see that people were in fact reacting a lot more to the CD material than on the 2010-11 runs, and This I love was getting a great reaction, mainly because it's a lot of Axl on his own belting out great vocals.

One of my favourite new guns songs.

Better, Chinese Democracy and Street of dreams are the other popular songs from CD. Wild card would likely be Shacklers, but a lot of people hate it because of the pitch shifter intro.

This I Love is the new GNR song that I hear the most in some random places and on random people's playlists. It wasn't the most populat new GNR song on Spotify though, back then when you could still sort songs based on their popularity. CD and Better where the most popular songs back then. This I Love might have been the third most popular song though.

I would say Better, There Was A Time and Streets of Dreams/The Blues are the the most well known - or, should I say the closest things to well known tracks since none of Chinese Democracy's fourteen songs achieved much interest outside gn'r geekdom.

Well known/popular to who? The general public? I'd be shocked if just about anyone in the general public could tell you anything about Chinese Democracy outside of the title of the album.

Personally, I love the album except for CitR but I couldn't care less who else does. I also don't care who, if anyone, even knows any of the songs off of it.

• Like 2

TIL is the most GNR sounding ballad and no more embarrassing than DC or Nov Rain. Ok maybe a little but this is what people like.

Actially my guess is people saw it live and checked it out.

I dont get the light on it considering it wasnt reased as a single.

• Like 1

Rock am ring 2006 has got some great views over the years.and YouTube is only ten years old. Some links has been erased.

Better is by far the most listened, with Chinese, SoD and Madagascar.

With the newest track, (Scraped, Sorry, Shackler's Revenge), This I Love is the most popular indeed.

Time to drink now.