Sopranos questions? Sopranos Thread. *Spoilers* If you haven't watched it.

SunnyDRE

Did Ralphie burn the stables, killing the horse?

What happened to the Russian?

Did Tony kill Hesh's girlfriend?

Why did Tony want to kill Paulie?

Did the cop Tony pointed out to Christopher, really kill Chris's dad?

Did Tony die at the end?

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Did Ralphie burn the stables, killing the horse? Yes, he admitted saying just a horse, he wanted insurance money.

Actually didnt someone shoot him when he was drinking vodka.

No idea.

I thought he was a rat? Or after his throne.

Yes I think so.

Left town or died in woods.

No idea.

Why did Tony want to kill Pailie?

He thought he was a rat?

Yes i think so.

Did Tony die at the end?

No, not right then but to me that was his new state of minds without meds or therapy.

Thoughts?

I watched it mainly for the sandwiches and Adrianna.

Thoughts?

there isn't a 100% yes or no answer to this...not even the guy that played Raphie knew for sure...he said he read the part as if he didn't do it though

although knowing Ralph and seeing how he bashed a "who-ah's" head into a guard rail killing her for really no reason other than her showing him up...i wouldn't put it past him...although on the flip side he was going through a very traumatic time over his son...so it possible he didn't

nobody knows

my guess is he died somewhere in the woods because there was never nothing ever more about it

his house looked like shit though

no

because Paulie talked to damn much and he was the one that told Johnny Sack about the joke Ralph made about his wife

like the Ralph/Russian story line its pretty vague and you make your on conclusion to the answer...but i think he did kill Chris' dad

Did Tony die at the end?

yet another vague no 100% flat out concrete answer you gotta look at the clues and make you own conclusion

but my answer is yes he did get his noodle blown off right there in front of his family

theres this great blog that breaks down all the symbolism during season 6 that let you know his demise was coming....it breaks down how the Holsteins scene is shot in a POV style and thats why it just cuts to black because you seeing it from Tony's POV and as they allude to earlier in the show "you never hear it coming"

its a long read but if you are interested in getting a understanding i recommend it...here it is:

https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

Thoughts?

great show...its about time i give it a rewatch

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

Tony will die eventually but I do not believe the scene spelled out his demise. Your just put into Tony's mindset and believe that anyone can be your killer but you will make an effort to sit down and have dinner with your family.

if you have time read the blog i posted above about the ending

after i read it theres no doubt in my mind he was killed that night...it made sense of allot stuff that clearly flew over my head

Did Tony die at the end?

Thoughts?

On the DVD commentary, the writers acknowledge the writing is deliberately ambiguous because no one could decide if Ralphie had done it or not. The writing leans both ways, his 'so what if I did do it' line could simply be incredulity that Tony was fussing about a horse while Ralphie had a kid in intensive care. My favorite theory is that Paulie set him up - it puts the end of the ep where Paulie nervously eyes the painting of Tony and Pie in context and I like the idea of Ralphie going down for the one thing he didn't deserve to go down for.

He died. It's stated pretty clearly that if Valery had turned up again, Vlada would've gone after Tony.

No.

He talked too much and was petulant as fuck.

HIM?!! WITH THE SOMBRERO ON!! Ambiguous. Tony needed to know Chris was 100% tied to him (and knew how indebted Chris would feel by Tony "giving" him the guy). The timing of the guy's retirement is suspiciously convenient and it would be keeping in character for him to manipulate Chris that way. OTOH, though the guy feigns ignorance when accused, he screams "I'm sorry!" "I'm sorry" before Chris shoots him.

I think he did.

Best show ever.

Edited by Angelica

A hitman who knew he was living alone would have just waited in the parking lot or waited for him at his house.

Tony may have had his things packed up and Members Only was a federal agent keeping an eye on him before he'd take on a new identity and maybe Tony didn't know who he was yet.

The diner itself had some significance - it wasn't the usual diner he went to, it was probably a place his dad took him to.

We have to remember is that he's alone at the end of the series, even if the family is together at the diner, they're all going to say goodbye to each other there, and never see them again. He might have already packed his things up and abandoned his home. He had to walk away from what he had. The worst thing that would have happened is if his kids were killed in front of him.

Or he never made it out of the parking lot alive.